Rotten Skelly and Pained Soul spawn times

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Rancidwolf New Member

Nailed it right here, these few farms/turnins/quests are all absolutely terrible and kill the fun of Kunark.
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Also, you guys really need to be thinking ahead. The devs might fix this in time for you to do VT keys in 5 months. Thats where you should be thinking.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  3. Xeris Augur

If you want different quests play a different game? This is how these quests work... You signed up to play this game.
  4. Xhartor Augur

quote="Belcasor, post: 3964684, member: 452812"]
    • shady goblin
    • angry goblin
    These are all kunark era quests that have a design that isn't compelling, challenging, interesting, or fun.
    [/quote]

That isn't a Kunark era quest, it was added in a later expansion, but left in Kunark on TLP's. Kunark on TLP's has a number of quests that weren't in era on live. Which makes me wonder why they can't put SK DA hammer quest in Luclin, but that a different discussion.
  5. Xhartor Augur

I would rather they do something to make ST keys cause less drama, and eat less raid time chasing mobs with crap drops in an expansion with too much raid content for most guilds.
  6. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

No, it's not how quests work, it really isn't. Also it's not even the way the game was designed from the beginning, with pickzones, bottlenecks, and broken spawn times.

This is a different game than it used to be. Move on.
    Senadin likes this.
  7. Protagonist Tank

Dude. Read the room.
    Dragnet Sleuth and Goburs like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are directing your anger & frustrations at entirely the wrong target here.

The 75% I referred to was in response to Machen's post.....

you clearly didn't read or understand the second half of that sentence.

I highlighted "Slightly" as a direct rebuttal of the 75% increase something you should have recognised had your reading comprehension been up to par.

If you're going to get shirty with people you should first make sure you have a grip on the context of what they said, you clearly failed at that here.

Have a nice day.
    Dythan likes this.
  9. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

This tread exemplifies a long lost quote "filthy casuals don't deserve to raid"

Darkpaw should decide if they want this to be true or not. Clearly people want to do all content in era on TLPs even if that's not how it was designed.

I suggest removing the AoC for VP until PD has been killed in the open world (dont know if this is possible, but i believe so), remove the need to be keyed to zone into the AoC, require VP key to request AoC raid.

People will still race for server first kills, so the spirit of competition is kept alive and 90% of the server will never attempt to do the key ever again..
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TLP's are hardly comprised of filthy casuals, I'd even go so far as to say all the real casuals already quit EQ long ago.

What you have on TLP is almost entirely made up of hardcore raiders, some just so happen to be led by players who are old hands at organising things to gain an edge.

The only thing making VP much harder right now is the sheer amount of competition for spawns & key parts and perhaps some lack of knowledge about how picks work & how to use them to your guild's advantage well.
  11. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Skuz, I agree with you.. that's not my quote originally, and at the time it got the company a lot of heat from those "Filthy Casuals". I've done the VP key many times on a lot of TLP servers before a lot of the changes were put in so i know what its like competing for the keys.

The point of bringing up the quote is to show that preventing ppl from accessing the content goes against what the current spirit of TLPs even are with having instance content available in the first place

also why you gotta snip the post? quote the whole thing :p
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Senadin Elder

Really? really? as an employee and dev this is your answer?? Wow just wow.
    Laynie Rosvenir and Goburs like this.
  13. Mismezz New Member

I know, right? Can't tell if he's smug or just trying to be funny. Could be a combination of the 2. Changing these terrible time sinks would get him so much praise. Seems like an easy win. They must like the forum tears.
    Laynie Rosvenir, Goburs and Senadin like this.
  14. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

I'm with the Dev on this one. You said that fixing the VP key would eliminate 90% of the toxicity of the server.. That is so far from accurate... probably the most accurate response a Dev had given in quite a while.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ya vp key wasn't even the most toxic thing on agnarr. It was bad but maybe less bad because true casuals literally write it off.

In a way that is a shame, but they did fix some far more toxic stuff like hs key, charm gating, etc.

I would like to see keys become basically sped up, warp speed style, like the Seb key. That way you get the flavor without the grind. Nobody complains about keying for seb... but literally everyone goes.
  16. Mismezz New Member

When I see that Dev tag on threads, especially on a complaint I can relate to, I get a little glimmer of hope. Wow. Maybe they are actively involved and engaged in the conversation and might offer a potential remedy.

Clicks on thread, sees a one word sarcastic response... Hope smashed. If you're going to be sarcastic and unprofessional, at least do it on an account that doesn't have the Dev tag.

It boils down to inability or unwillingness to add QoL improvements.

How long does it take to change the spawn time of an NPC? An hour? A week? Clearly can't be done without a patch. Understaffed and overworked might be the reality.

The effort he took to post could've been redirected to reducing the spawn time and/or increasing the spawn chance.

Edit: when's the last time there was a stealth change that was positive? Don't even tell anyone or add it to patch notes. Just make the key less of a bore
    Laynie Rosvenir and Senadin like this.
  17. Rancidwolf New Member

As a new player to EQ and the TLPs the only issue I have is competing for turn ins and ground spawns. racing someone for a kill is exciting and even waiting for longer spawns is ok (outside the issue that there are strict limits on the amount of people who can get their epic in era for certain classes). It is not fun to have to game the system to get the quickest turn in, or use 3rd party software to see a ground spawn quicker than the other people. There is no game play here, just bad systems.
  18. Debois New Member

Part of keying process for raid zone? People complaining about how hard it is to get keyed? People want OW competition that doesn't involve mass training zones around broken golems for 36 hours?

- Change spawn time to 2 hours
    - Change piece drop to 6x per kill
    - Add MoTM (can no longer spawn in picks)

Guarantees up to 72 keys per day, adds some "fun" for OW competitions, makes things actually challenging vs mind-numbing, promotes cooperation (raids/dps races) among players vs toxic KS/training behaviors.

Leave the ground spawns as they are to have the time sink aspect of the quest and just change all the kills to MoTM concept.
    Mismezz and Senadin like this.
  19. Trox2010 Augur

Ok what is more toxic than the VP key, Wiz, chanter, and SK bottlenecks (which was also mentioned in my first post)? And as I sad 90% was probably a bit optimistic in a later post, but doesn't take away from the fact those items are the most toxic aspect of the servers right now. Yeah that is an accurate response from a Dev considering DPG's will probably approach this problem same way they approach most problems these days; stick their heads in the sand hoping it will go away.
  20. Mismezz New Member

Ironically it would be truly epic to have the bottlenecks removed or lessened. There's a way to make it challenging without requiring a time sink. How about a skill sink instead?