Roshen, tell us more about your enforcement plans.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateseeker, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenzic Augur

Sorry but you're wrong. What we do is not zone disruption nor is it monopolizing most or all kills in an area. We wait for a boss (one spawn) to spawn and kill it. As for the DPS racing, it's impossible to know who gets the first strike in a PSing situation. Only blatant kill stealing should ever be punished. You guys are in for a very rude awakening if you think Daybreak is going to help you compete. Either commit the time, or enjoy the content you earn.
  2. Aenoan Augur

Or you could accept the fact, they have no obligation to tell us what these consequences are and just play the game?
    This whole forum is pretty silly. They don't need to explain anything, they decided to hint there could potentially be significant consequences to our actions but they don't need to beyond that.
    Fallfyres and Frenzic like this.
  3. Frenzic Augur

There will be no consequence. We will play the game the same way we always have. Hopefully they come down on the hacking a bit though!
    MBear likes this.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Hopefully they come down hard on all rule breaking
    MBear likes this.
  5. Aenoan Augur

Cracking down on will be the most important thing they could do and all I care about the rest can be self policed but just chilling the funfactory out.
    Frenzic likes this.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Sounds like you want to break the rules and just do whatever you want hopefully Daybreak does not allow this
  7. Banai Augur

Did you play EQ in the early 2000s? All of these rules were in effect then and all of this went on even then. When the game was much more popular than it is today. Yet there were never any actions taken for competing over mobs. Obvious KS'ers and hackers/bots got some action but I have never seen a guild have action taken against them for competing for a boss. And back then the server had enough respect for each other to respect camp checks. You on the other hand are condoning the ability to walk into a camp people spent hours at and take their mobs because 'they have to share'
  8. Maniacles Elder

As Frenzic said. We've seen "apocolyptic" responses to ps situations before. Worst that happens? mob is removed. What happens then is that casual guild C who was butting in on elite guild A and B's ps won't be able to muster the numbers to establish "sufficient force" the second time around. Guild A and B will continue to deny the mobs to each other until one of the two break. Woohoo. What those advocating as the "nuclear option" don't realize is that it is, in fact, an acceptable cost in manpower to a guild if they can break the will of their opposing guild to establish sole custody of the loot rights to a loot source. This has been proven repeatedly, going back to the original game, not just progression servers, and the ps'ers have more experience at it than the minimum wage earning gm's with zero in company clout who've been left to adjudicate these situations since day one. They know the eula. They know the exact line they can toe and not cross to get what they want. A few guild members won't and will get banned, but that's just yet another cost of doing business. Prudent guild leaders guild remove the line breakers. Roshen himself could adjudicate one of these situations and he'd still fail at it. Heck, the new producer could adjudicate one and SHE'd fail at it.

Even if consequences get more severe, there IS no nuclear option so severe that it won't get worked around and determined to be the new cost of doing business. Some of us just want to point out that just because the skinner box is plugged directly into our dopamine receptors doesn't necessarily mean the activity is fun, and auctioning loot to those willing to bid the least amount of fun/item doesn't necessarily make for a great policy/design decision.
    Frenzic likes this.
  9. Frenzic Augur

There will be no rule breaking. Competition is welcomed, but don't expect hand outs or you'll be very disappointed. If a guild is prepared to put in the time and compete for targets, power to them. Competition is what drives most of us. I'm a legit player though. You're trying to blur the lines and make it sound like the top guild only breaks rules to get ahead.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

I have played since May of 99 and I'm sorry but I disagree I can remember having to petition a few spawns and Gm's would show up back then and enforce sharing
  11. taliefer Augur

you guys are nitpickers extraordinaire.

theres letter of the law, and theres whats enforced.

"Racing" to mobs isnt enforced, but if someone engages a raid mob, even a second before you did,and your force gets the kill, you broke the letter of the law in the "play nice policy". wether or not you could tell they engaged it first is irrelevant. and lets be honest, it wouldnt matter if you saw the mob agro on the other raid forces member first, youd still engage and "dps race" with them.

that said, as far as im concerned its all fair game in the wild west. the game at this era was never meant to support the amount of players that are willing, wanting, and capable of killing classic raid content.
  12. Tweelis Augur

Just an odd thought loosely related to this "discussion".

There's currently a XP bonus based on the number of people in a group. This imo encourages boxers and anti-social behavior. Would it be possible to not only do away with this bonus based on matching IP's but even reverse it? So if my wife, daughter and I are playing we would suffer a 40% XP penalty but if my daughter and I logged my wife could solo with no bonus or penalty. Would code support a system like that or is that too complex?

Also related, can the same thing be done with named spawns and drops? If six real people want to camp a SMR while one a**hat is trying to dominate the camp make said a**hat wait six times longer to get it than the six real people.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

Lol how are you going to work around the nuclear option of them just making it where raid mobs do not spawn at all?
  14. Barton The Mischievous

I highly doubt this server will get much additional code work or any code work at all that discourages people to have less accounts being payed
  15. taliefer Augur

removing raid mobs from the server would be so epic. i kinda hope that is what happens.
    MBear likes this.
  16. Frenzic Augur

I guess enforcing is the key. Considering that on multiple occasions we had a gm standing there when a DPS race occurred and they did nothing but give their blessing. It would be nice to know which rules will be enforced and how they will be enforced, but that's too much to ask. In the mean time, get your socks ready boys!
  17. Frenzic Augur

Won't change anything. No raids mobs just means we will be hardcore camping all the group drops until they return. What sounds good in your head, is not necessarily good in practice :)
  18. Hateseeker Augur

That really is the bottom line; we're likely to be stretching available content across more players than it's ever been stretched before. The biggest malefactor in this is Daybreak Gaming Company; I mean, how much gear undersaturation does it take for them to respond appropriately? They know that players want to acquire loot as fast as they can; it's why they pay to play the game.

This isn't 1999. They need to update the Play Nice Policies for 2015's realities, not wishy washy attempts to make it like 1999 when that's just not possible. Or provide other solutions, like instancing. Historically, everyone knows that they knew they had to do this starting with LDON for the VERY same things we are now discussing.

Or open 2-3 servers, and schedule them to be merged after 18 months when Luclin is out and there is enough content to support this many players.
  19. taliefer Augur

i said itd be funny, not that itd be good~ and who needs group gear in classic anyway? go ahead and lockdown ghoul lord, my bare firsts as a warrior do more damage than a yak anyway~
  20. taliefer Augur

not classic bro!~

this whole thread is tempting me to actually join the raid scene, just to help show how absolutely broken the server is during early eras is and how asinine their "not classic" reasoning for things is.
    Hateseeker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.