RoS tradeskill books?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Where are the tradeskill books that I'm able to scribe so I don't have to experiment to make stuff? I know theres a lot of conflagrant stuff to make but unable to find any books just books that give description on how to make a few things. Any info is much appreciated. Not gonna be fun if I have to make everything by experimenting.

Andarriel
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Nope. No scribing this expansion. Some of the books are pretty vague, too. The book on the Research Vendors is the worst. Maybe it makes sense to people that have always been adept at solving recipes over the years but to me it’s reading Greek.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I expect we will see a drastic decrease in scripable tradeskill-books in the future, as they are basically freebees regarding post 300-skillups.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unless they're able to flag the new recipes as not part of the group needed to get to 350. Just like they flag quest recipes and others like that.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Uhm. Yeah. This type of conversation needs to be nipped in the bud. As someone who has a maxed Artisan's Prize already it is absolutely ludicrous for anyone to ever complain that new recipes count. Stuff it lol
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I haven't really dived into the post 300 tradeskill game yet, but it is my understanding that my post 300 skill depends alone on the amount of recipes learned. And that the needed amount for 350 hasn't increased?

Wouldn't that mean I could skip some of the more annoying older recipes and instead focus more on new RoS-recipes instead, if I felt like it? :confused:
  7. Aurastrider Augur

In theory yes but there is one issue I am sure and that is the trivial of the ROS recipes. I imagine the trivials are going to be crazy high so being at 350 unmodified plus your trophy will give you a better success rate and even then it might be frustrating. I would not even attempt high end combines without being maxed out its just way to expensive. Now if there are some common drop or cheap combines that can be done in ROS then by all means replace those with some of the combines like ice of velious and coarse salt combines that can take weeks of farming.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The trivials on RoS trades will influence a lot of sales of Draught of the Craftsmen. The increased price for station cash really makes sense now lol :D
  9. Vlerg Augur

it do make sense that, as expansions goes, older stuff become easier to obtain.

Sure we get a handfull of new recipe with RoS who are potentially easier to do, in order to reach 350, knocking off 5-6 of the old world one... but you'll still spend an enormous of time farming grey cons for ridiculously rare drop or foraging random crap in various zone for hours and hours.

Artisan prize won't become trivial just because a handfull of recipe have been added.
  10. svann Augur

There really arent enough to make a big difference.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea most of the stuff is trival at 510 I still make stuff with no craftman but I see some raid stuff to upgrade is 564 and is a raid drop so guessing there gonna be making good money on raiders. The raid drop from what I can tell and that upgrades certain items is flawless conflagrant diamond. ive been buying all the conflagrant stuff in baz. Good expansion for us tradeskillers.

Andarriel
  12. Tsavo New Member

As an aside (sort of) has anyone made or know the recipes for the new Belts?
  13. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Yes, the are in the tinkering book. They are made with a combination of JC gem+tinker final combine.