RoS T1 raids [Seal of Charassis]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blitter, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Wow...
    Nice number-playing there!

Just too sad that you downplay the statistics in your favor - or do you really think none of those "400" would also pay subs, and a sizeable portion of them run multiple accounts?
    Let alone the side-effects (snowball/landslide effect) when FRIENDs decide to do something else, in this - still mainly - social game...
    Blitter likes this.
  2. Jumbur Augur

I doubt we will see that many early complaints about raid-difficulty tbh. The only early comments I remember about EoK raidtuning last year, was about the core's aura in vault being too strong(looks like they are fixing that), and sarnak "double waves" in lcea(still not sure they are intended?).

My guess is that most raiding guilds, put in serious effort before they start complaining about tuning, which is why we only see valid bug-reports the first half of an expansion.
    The requests for making raids easier will come after they have banged their heads for months on the same encounter.

It might come as a shock but even casual raiders are used to repeated wipes(duh!), being stuck on the same raid for a few weeks/months is expected, it takes more than that before we complain. :)
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

exactly. I give it a month, max before we have a "cactus is too hard!" or a "skyfire is too hard!" thread.. or better yet "it's unfair to make the mechanics require eok group progression!" thread... oh wait, we've already got 12 of those.
  4. Fian Augur

When it comes to difficulty, I don't have an opinion yet as I haven't tried the T1 raids. If fewer guilds are beating RoS T1 than EOK T1, then they probably do need to tune RoS T1 down.

Personally, I think every expansion should have a TBM Plane of Fear/Hate zone raid. Long clear time, easier raid encounter. It gives a lower tier for weaker guilds that want to break into raiding. Personally, I would like to see EQ raiding reach out to more than the hard core. Get some new people hooked on the easier raids and then they may come back for the harder raids.

But that is a debate for another expansion, as it isn't in RoS.
  5. Blitter Elder

Noone knows how RoS will be exactly tuned. I think anyone sitting around Prince+ should be able to have a shot at an event. So thats 35 / 38 guilds potentially. If you take Queen+ then that is still 32/38 guilds. I doubt if my own guild will attempt RoS this year.

I'm not sure who started the "modest changes to T2 EoK" thread in June this year. But I think 6months after the 1st guild has completed the expansion is a completely fine time line to ask for changes to some of the events. And I think their observations were very valid. I have yet to see a thread asking for changes to EoK T3.
  6. matouoli Journeyman

our guild usually not been able to beat LAST
    raid event from current expansion until get get next expansion .(that's with full joint raid members that we know each others pretty well since a long time "" )

this year we didn 't even beat 1st ,t3..and I don't expect any members to have one rank 3 spell until many months { will be new for us as we are usually able to get minor / lesser spell drop after few days / weeks from a new expansion }, like many are saying if we can't beat T3 raids in EOK we don't have a chance in entry T1 raid in ROS. { another 1st from a new expansion }.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

you're correct. as it stands, anyone who can't beat EOK T3-1 won't be able to beat the RoS T1 raids for various reasons... but if you can't beat the mechanics of EOK T3-1 then the mechanics of these raids will simply be beyond you for a while...

if you happen to beat your head against RoS t1 to the point where you beat it, you should really go back to EOK T3 because you should be able to beat it fairly easily at that point.