RoS T1 raids [Seal of Charassis]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blitter, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Derd Augur

Check the posting history I can't believe I missed all the unhappy post from a red name.
  2. Derd Augur

Hmm... from quality assurance to elder in 2 hours.
  3. Natal Augur

It is not an extension of EoK, it is a level increase expansion. Just because it is set in Kunark does not make it an extension.

Looking back historically, you did not have to have beaten GoD to raid in OoW, even though both expansions were set in the same environment, so why does it have to be like that now?
  4. Warpeace Augur

This argument still?

There are things from EoK you will need to complete and obtain. You can either do them or not, its called choices.
  5. Xnao Augur

Poor fella
  6. Fian Augur

Or maybe, since this is a game, developers can change what is needed? They have choices too. They can choose to meet the needs of only elites, or their entire customer base. Or we do have a choice, pay for a game that doesn't meet our needs, or stop paying and leave. In the end, the players have more power if we choose to exercise it.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  7. Millianna Augur

EoK and RoS aren’t the same expansion (just watch the live stream). The seal requirement is horse poop and you know it
  8. Warpeace Augur

Oh no, need to do progression OMG.....the world is ending. Essence of Dragon I is not an Elites only thing. This was and currently still is GROUP progression.
  9. Xnao Augur

Please change world is ending to black death is coming. In spirit of this wonderful thread.
  10. Siddar Augur

Well have maybe 20-30 guild able to do RoS raids spread out amongst all the live servers. Well have 20+ guild doing PoP content once PoP opens up on a TLP server. This is an absurd ratio of modern guilds doing content. If you cant see where this ends I'm sorry for you.

Dev's are giving into their bad design habits from the past. Favoring the top guilds at deliberate expense of lower guilds. The thing the highend guilds need to understand is the Dev's now have the fall back of TLP servers to rely on. So when the end results of this of lesser guilds finally reaches it inevitable conclusion. That being the end of new content for raiding in EQ. The Dev's can go work on TLP while highend guilds can go farm endless stream of old trivial content.

That outcome will be bad for players on live servers. But the Dev's can just go on working on TLP servers. So the symbiotic relationship between the current group of live player and Dev's will be broken. The were all in this together aspect of the 19 years of EQ history will be broken.

So when you cheer the abandoning of lower tier guilds just keep in mind that you to can be abandoned just as easy.
  11. Maedhros High King

Let's keep this going, so close to 30 pages!
    I would counter thatTLP has more to do with some of the live guilds that are losing members than the amount of people that might be lost to Ring of Scale raid reqs that are a barrier to low and some mid-tier guilds.
    You sound like a cigarette company talking about how too much sun causes cancer.
  12. Bahdah Augur

/bump
    Blitter likes this.
  13. Fian Augur

So let's say you are correct. By your own admission, this change will result in a loss of people on the current expansion servers. So on top of losing people to TLP, you will now also be losing people to the raid design choices in this expansion. Can't you see that as a bad thing?

I also hadn't considered TLP as an option for mid tier raiders. If current raids are blocked for the mid tier, might some of them decide that they would prefer to raid on a TLP server? That would be fine from a Dev perspective (except for not buying the expansion), but would be bad for us on current servers.
  14. skabe Elder

Yep go ahead unlock tier 1 RoS but go back to old loot table where only visibles drop by tier.
    Oh but beware the tier 1 raid that nails you with both AEs that are blocked by EotD, as well as some new ones.
  15. skabe Elder

Among all this doom and gloom of guilds packing it in and folding. Of people quitting EQ in a mass exodus. I can't help but wonder if there is a silver lining in all of this. A clear definition between raid guilds and non raid guilds, and a total loss of the in between guilds. Unless they revert to where they were in the past 1 or more expansions behind current and doing it for the experience and building their potential. Not since HoT am I aware of a lower tier guild doing old content raids for the loot unless it surpassed current group gear significantly enough.
    You might see the development of more hybrid guilds like RoV on Bristle that have membership that are both hard core raiders and casuals.
    It could be a huge shot in the arm for those guilds that have beaten EoK or are close to doing so but simply have not have enough of a bench or membership attendance to fill a 54 man raid however many nights a week they raid.
    We are definitely seeing a push from developers that clearly state that if you want to raid in RoS you have to meet certain requirements. Personally I don't think that this is intended to block or kill "low tier" guilds. I think the intention is to keep guilds going back to EoK. For a while at least.
    It could also be a move towards a more linear game versus having stand alone expansions. A leads to B leads to C ..... rather than leap frogging all over the place as it has in the past. We could possibly see more "new" versions of old expansions only this time they are linked. GoD > Omens > SoD for example.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

DING! We have a winner. Those behind - always will be.
    Making it suck more for them does not impact the higher-end at all.
    Nor does it do a thing for Daybreak's bottom line. (except lower it)
    -R
  17. skabe Elder

18. skabe Elder

19. Blitter Elder

Do or do not, there is no BUY

Cause i'm certainly not buying it. Raid leader of Wreckers who must be one of the closest guilds next in line to beating Kar'zok isn't buying it. About half of my guild isn't buying it.
    I am tempted to buy it on my main just to help with raid - this would be the first expansion in 18 years that i have not pre ordered - but then i like to do progression with my boxes - else i end up doing it 3-4 times.
    But the latest round of nerfs just pushing our guild even further away.

At the end of the day , Daybreak is there to make money. I want to give them my money. But i'm not going to buy a product that I cannot use, until my guilds beats EoK. An entire server has 0 raid guilds that will be trying RoS raids.
    And I don't want any changes to EoK raids or RoS raids. I actually fine with the nerfs - I do think the hybrid one is pretty harsh. I'm happy for the raids to have penalities for not having EoD2 - just as Kar'zok has a penalty for no EoD1.

I just want the opportunity to be able to start the new expansion on an equal footing to the other raids guilds. Just like we have always done.
  20. Thrillho Augur

Had this discussion in a PM and figured it'd be good to post here, since this seemingly has no end.

While I still think there's reasoning behind it in terms of skill required (progressive advancement) and lore (KarZok are still around, makes sense they're still powerful), it's still not an easy pill to swallow. It's hopefully an easier pill to swallow than EQ dying. DBG's is putting less and less resources towards the game - evident by the reduced number of zones we're getting, the copy/paste of existing zones / npc models, the continued storyline instead of a new storyline, reduced number of raids, etc. Looking back to something like HoT or VOA, we got double-ish the amount of content. DBG has had to look elsewhere to fill up our plates content-wise, and they're looking at EoK to do it. Half of the raiding population hasn't completed half of the expansion, so now they're re-purposing it. Now half the population gets 9 + 3-to-5 raids to complete. It's like getting a multi-course meal at a restaurant. You get a plate of food, don't eat half of it, and your next course has that half along with half a plate of new food. That old half has some gravy added on top (extra levels / power) to make it a bit more appealing. But it's still old food that you might not want to eat - I get it. But it's either that, or a half-empty plate of food. We and moan at the waiter (devs) about it, and all they say is the chefs (DBG) are low on food (resources) at the moment.

It sucks whichever way you spin it. DBG is selling us old food with a new topping and wants us to eat it and pay for it. It's going to drop sales. Or, they don't re-plate that food with some new gravy on top and instead give us half a plate. Again, it'll drop sales.

A point that hasn't really been made, as there's no good way to spin it without sounding really elitist, is that the other half of the raiding population isn't getting as much new content ("new"). Their half plate of new food is coming with half a plate of old food they already ate. Fortunately they're full enough from the previous course that they can hold off on eating the same food for a little while, but eventually they'll need to eat it again - flags / gear for new toons, alts, retired returning, etc.

I've been trying to put a good spin on it. It's only an hour old. The gravy is new. The food quality is top notch. Have you tried the duck? You might like it! This restaurant is still nice - I used to come here as a kid. Hopefully people will eat their "full" plate and stick around for the next course. Maybe the chefs will have more food for us then.