ROS T1 Group Visible Gear... Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tornicade_IV, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Tornicade_IV Augur

This isnt about the availability of trades killed gear.

Its also not a complaint about the difficulty of acquiring gear.

Its about itemizing the tier 1 gear at a 4-5% increase to base states when the other tiers are 14% and 18%
    This gear should be 9%
    further more its recommended which means its scaled. to 110.

There really isn't any gearing options for the group level on this expansion.
    It is Tradeskill to ROS2(which requires ROS1).
  2. segap Augur

I have done the content with eok group gear. You don't even own the expansion. Who has a valid opinion based on actual in game play and who is just making stuff up? Why are you so quick to dismiss people that have actual real experience?

Not once have I said anything about raiders versus groupers in this thread. You're the one with some sort of chip as called out by Cicelee. I've seen lots of clueless raiders that just happen to tag along with their guilds and get loot. They can't do group content with the raid gear. I've also seen people in group gear join raids and destroy the parses of long time raiders in full gear. Not to mention kick butt in group content. Gear does not define ability. It's silly that you keep dismissing opinion because they come from a "raider".

What you're arguing over and over is that the content is not possible with the current increases that t1 offers over eok t2. And you are very wrong. You don't even need it. I do play group geared alts without my raid main even logged in. I am "impacted". I could honestly care less one way or the other because I get stuff done with what I ended the previous expansion with. My target is always the highest tier for a given expansion. If anything, I'm highly annoyed that I have to get the t1 visibles at all. Even if they were 99% of t2, I'd rather never bother. I spend the year gearing up to prepare for what comes next, not to get through the now.

My only reason to reply to you is to call out your ill-informed statements based off of conjecture. I really should just learn to stop feeding trolls.
    Sheex likes this.
  3. S33k3r Augur

When RoS came out the options for gearing your toons (outside of raids) were

Option 1 - TS Gear

The advantages:-
    • Nice increase over T2 EoK Gear and did not require you to have certain gear already.
    • Could make your own or buy from bazaar
    • Quick way to gear up toon
    The disadvantages:-
    • If you are not into TSs then you have to buy the gear. For the 1st month there was not a lot of choice (mainly augs + the odd weapon) and the prices were 500k - 2million (on AB).
    • You could farm the drops required but they were not common until DBG tweaking droprates.
    • To upgrade the visible TS gear you had to go back to farming T1/2 drops unless you had access to diamonds from RoS raids and the required TS for the combine.
    Option 2 - farm T1 / T2 drops

The advantages:-
    • Could combine farming with progression / hunter tasks.
    • I preferred playing in new expansion despite the difficulty and 'interesting' mob abilities.
    The disadvantages:-
    • Could be time consuming
    • Forced to camp T1 visibles so that you could progress to T2 visibles
    For my alt SK the upgrade from T1 EoK visibles to T2 EoK was 6-7% and the upgrade from T2 EoK to T1 RoS is 6%. So a fairly straight forward upgrade. Going from T1 RoS to T2 RoS is a 10-11% upgrade which is a nice bonus.

I personally avoided TS gear as I'm not into tradeskills so I would have had to buy it (New spells, Slot 3 Augs & no vendor junk dropped meant my bank account took a big hit) or farm the drops for a friendly tradeskiller to make the combine (drops were not common and in bazaar they were going for 25k for silk to 100k+ for diamonds/ore)

OT and SF were painful at first and I had to quickly learn which named/mobs required extra effort and some planning. Compared to EoK it was a big step up but I knew that as I gained AAs, spells and gears it would be more manageable.

It also helped to learn which camps were best for getting the required drops. In OT I liked to camp near the beach as it was easy to pull singles and they were a number of named within range that I could tank. In SF I liked camping the mobs in front of Goro as there were 3 possible named although the snare they use is more annoying that the spin/stun that I put up with in Droga.
  4. blood & gufts Augur

How long time, do you intend to continue this in multiple subjects ? I am starting to see you as a troll.

This expansion is imo, the most player friendly for gearing up, you can get items, without having to kill any named. You can get
    items that are in between T1 and T2, which is the right point for TS gear to be, being good so people will Invest in time getting it, but not
    so good that it outshines T2 gear.

If not having TS yourself(myself), having friends who can make it helps, thats how I got mine. Do I feel angry for having to ask a friend for it, no, thats is in fact what EQ also about, having a Network, you can rely on, and they can rely on you.

That said, you can continue remain boxed in between your own opinion, it does not make things true or false.
  5. Tornicade_IV Augur

but this isn't an ROs is too hard thread. I like hard content.
    This is an ROs t2 was increased about 18%. TS was increase around 14% so Shouldn't ros1 be set around 9% so its actually beneficial for those acquiring it. ?

maybe give them an opportunity to mix and match their ros T1 and tradeskill gear while they look to get through progression based on the scaled mob increase

as opposed tot he gear just sitting there as a timesink for people gearing up through group progression.

I understand. your gonna do all of ROS and finish it in your eok T2 gear and bank all the ros T2 for the next expansion... well thats great for you .
    Your changing the Narrative of the OP into some other topic based on other thread on what other people have said

none of this explains why in an expansion where the devs deemed the content difficult enough to deem an approximate 18% increase for group and raid gear why ROST1 isn't in line with the other content gear.

Why would you stop at the tradeskill gear if your finishing progression anyways? dod you really wanna just get tradeskill gear and find out the next expansion needs ROST2?

Multiple subjects? heh because I presented it as an ha alternative in context with the discussion. I stated I was happy with the HA resolution. and that thread is where I noticed the gear discrepancy in the first place and made a thread for it.

that's the way forums work. you discuss a subject. something gets a bit off topic and those topics get their own thread.

once again. I am only pointing out that the Increase for ROST2 is approximately 18% for base stats TS is approximately 14% increase from eok T2
    so why not make ROS 1 a 9% increase from EOK T2.

notice everything is still an upgrade and TS is still between ROS1 and ROS 2

Make the timesink viable and linear for those who don't just level straight to 110 . deck out in tradeskill and then work backwards from EOK.

and by Viable I mean practical .
  6. S33k3r Augur

I didn't say stop at tradeskill gear I pointed out to to upgrade visible TS gear you have to upgrade with RoS raid drops or go and farm the T1/2 drops anyway.
  7. Cicelee Augur

The definition of insanity is saying/doing the exact same thing over and over and over, expecting a different result.
    Sheex and Sissruukk like this.
  8. Bikk Journeyman

Serious question, Where can I grind these golems safely in OT? I see one or two near the FM zone line but other than that I tend to get squished when I try other places.

I cant kill them super fast, so they dont need an area theyre everywhere. Just a place that I can pull safely that has a few. Thanks in adcance !
  9. Tornicade_IV Augur

except I am not expecting a result. I am summarizing the OP to ensure that if my target audience reads the thread they will see my input amongst the constant attempts to derail the thread. Whether they do anything with that input is their call.
    The Ros T1 increase over EOK T2 group gear is too small.
    I have my own Community guild. It has been there since my raiding guild disbanded(I was on a break a Paid break as my subscription never lapsed. )
    so no I haven't apped or tried to join any raid guilds since then because I had no desire to do so.
    I am not posting out of anger.
    nor did I say that content was too difficult or indicate anything other than the reward didn't seem appropriate to the tuning. judging by the other itemization and content increase.
    I don't feel the need to persuade any raiders to see things my way.. I am gonna post replies to comments directed towards me and reiterate the topic of the thread when people for whatever reason attempt to change the narrative.
    it amazes me that what I thought would be a 1 page to 3 page thread at the most is now going on 6 pages. so if people aren't engaging in the discussion topic and are instead choosing to take jabs at the op. it makes me wonder about their motivation .
    Why is a suggestion to make a low tier gearset in line with the other expansion itemization prompting such heated replies.
    to the few people who actually did respond tot he topic without trying to label or take things out of contest I responded with information that is easily verifiable.
    Ive been through the class balance wars. the cultural nerf, and a lot of other controversial topics and it amuses me that such a fuss is being raised over a suggestion thread of minor impact to those railing against it or me whichever the case might be.
  10. Bobsmith Augur

So why the big concern with the t1 gear when you can get t2 while still wearing eok gear? You should buy the expansion then start another thread just like this one but with a different title, and use your own 1st hand experience rather than 3rd person info.
  11. Fohpo Augur

Why base an argument on evidence and self experience, that takes work. I'd rather just complain based on the grapevine.
    Cicelee and Bobsmith like this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Yep all that from someone that does not own the expansion.
    Cicelee likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Forum-Quest: You Really Can’t Make This Stuff Up(tm)
    Cicelee, Sancus and Bobsmith like this.