ROS T1 Group Visible Gear... Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tornicade_IV, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

the only time I go into a ros zone is to fish in ot and that's it. they made the entry zone way to hard and changing hs's just made it worse.

Andarriel
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

From what I hear on conflagrant ore there just aren't enough mobs that drop it. there suppose to up the drop rate or something in the future.

Andarriel
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Or it could simply be that the mobs that drop it aren't farmed enough, due to other issues with the expansion.
    Just speaking raw number of mobs though, you are right.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea when expansion was new was like 2m per still like 200k or around be nice if they get cheaper though failing ts can be tough at 510. took me 19 ores to make my ranger his set bout 3m.

Andarriel
  5. Pistols4Pandas Elder

There are a ton of Golems in OT and they can be pulled from safe spots, too. Drop rate is 1 in 8.

If its that expensive on your server, people are hording/gouging the supply to manipulate the price.

Very common drop from a very common mob which can be hunted from 100% safe spots.

The price on my server is 30k per Ore and Im making out like a bandit farming them. If its 200k on yours you're really missing out on farming them, could pay your Subs for years...
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ouch. More than 100 pieces of conflagrant ore for sale in the bazaar on BB. Cheapest price is around 74k.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Wait I am slightly confused by your stance here. You are making a killing off of ores which produce the same items you are upset about? Maybe I am reading your posts wrong but it sure sounds like you are ok with profiting from this gear but you are not ok with people getting power gains from it?
    Hitty and Mordeen like this.
  8. Tornicade_IV Augur

Definate loss of power in scaling vs content for Group gear Vs Raid Gear.
    EOK T2
    Selrach's Soulrender Breastplate Armor ID: 148285
    Slot: Chest Purity:50
    AC:607 HP:4530 + 5/tick MANA:4185+ 5/tick END: 4185
    ROS 1
    Scale Touched Soulrender Breastplate Armor ID: 151035
    Slot: Chest Purity: 50
    AC: 644 HP: 4785 + 5/tick MANA:4415+ 5/tick END: 4415
    ROS TS
    Dread Suzerain's Conflagrant Breastplate Armor ID: 152035
    Slot: Chest Purity: 50
    AC: 681 HP: 5035 + 5/tick MANA: 4645+ 5/tick END:4645
    ROS T2
    Scaled Soulrender Breastplate Armor ID: 151285
    Slot: Chest Purity:50
    AC: 718 HP: 5285+ 7/tick MANA:4880+ 5/tick END:4880+

Raid
    EOK
    Velazul's Soulrender Breastplate Armor ID: 148635
    Slot: Chest Purity: 75
    AC: 788 HP:6040+ 6/tick MANA: 5575+ 8/tick

ROS TS
    Dread Suzerain's Phlogiston Breastplate Armor ID: 152235
    Slot:Chest Purity:75
    AC:885 HP:6710+ 8/tick MANA:6195+ 6/tick END:6195

ROS T1
    Scaleborn Soulrender Breastplate Armor ID: 151635
    Slot:Chest Purity:75
    AC:932 HP:7045+ 8/tick MANA:6500+ 8/tick END:6500

Not only did they plug in minimal upgrade for ROS1 Gear
    They also increased the gap between raid and group gear.
  9. Sancus Augur

Nope. The relative gap between group and raid gear is exactly the same:

AC:
    EoK Raid / EoK T2 Group: 788 / 607 = 1.29
    RoS Raid/ RoS T2 Group: 932 / 718 = 1.29

HP:
    EoK Raid / EoK T2 Group 6040 / 4530 = 1.33
    RoS Raid / RoS T2 Group: 7045 / 5285 = 1.33
    svann, Bobsmith, Sheex and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The gap between previous expansions raidgear and current group gear have indeed increased.

The gap between deathseeker and selrach was unusually small, while the gap between velazul and scaled is somewhat bigger.

This comparison is also relevant, as raiders takes longer to upgrade their equipment than groupers(at least in my guild).
  11. smash Augur

Wrong, the gap between raid/Group gear in % is the same, the actuall numbers will ofc have a higher increase for the thing with the highest starting point, even when the % increase is the same.

This no different from RL, where a CeO gets 1 mil, and a floorsweeper get 100k, CeO get 10%, floorsweeper get 10%, In Money, CoE get 100k, floorsweeper get 10k, They get same % increase, but ceo get higher in numbers.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

and if you don't adjust that scale to match inflation and cost of living then your payout system is broken.
    We have had multiple occasions where the scaling system for gear and content tuning has created a discrepancy and had to be adjusted
    specifically for the group progression

18% increase for base itemization with a 20%- 25% increase in Content difficulty. means the commoners cant pay their bills and feed their children.
    T1 group gear should be a 9% increase ( its about 5% if that )
    Tradeskill gear is about a 13% increase
    T2 is an 18% increase.

These mobs have had their attack ratings boosted. whenever that happens you change the scaling of AC over the softcap.

if the Mobs attack rating minimalizes the AC of the base gear ( Group gear itemization ) then the Raid gear is having an improved impact while the group gear is not.

This is a big reason why people are finding Tank Mercs virtually useless in ROS content.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I don't have a strong opinion about group vs raid gear or crafted vs group gear, but I can say that I am enjoying my crafted heal target of target sticks and that farming embalming goo for the dropped ones would be an immense investment of time.

Additionally I had a huge gap in my T1 arms for my crew, and got four of them out of my last four kills of Myrmidon Tundak, so thanks to Ngreth for boosting the drop rate in January.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

EverMoan continues. Stay tuned for the next great post.
    Cicelee and Tucoh like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Maybe you shouldn't have skipped EoK and expect to waltz right into a new expansion.

Or keep whining about things you don't even have personal experience with.
    Cicelee and Smokezz like this.
  16. Gnomeland Augur

All I know is - not many people are in this new expansion, EoK zones seem to be more popular, and the upgrades for effort required aren't that impressive, unless we count trade skills.
    Mordeen likes this.
  17. Toomba Elder

Andarriel if you return to Bristle aka Tribunal, then Toomba aka Aeryse will help with anything old friend : )
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

Conflagrant was what got me started on tradeskilling a few weeks ago. I can easily afford conflagrant, but the satisfaction of making it myself, and the added benefit of giving access to some awesome no drop tradeskilled items was what drove me to start tradeskilling. It will probably take me a year or more to max all tradeskills, with my time to play.

I might get T2 RoS before I get home-made conflagrant, or vice-versa, but so what? How does this diminish the fun I have in any way? I like that player-made stuff competes with drops, it makes traskilling worthwhile, thus adding to what is fun to do in EQ.

On AB Conflgrant is still expensive, but not extremely so (200k for a piece?). A Krono goes a long way, and if this drives a bit of income to DB, I think that is GREAT. If they don’t make money, I don’t have a game... I just wish that there was more stuff I could buy from them that I actually wanted...
    Sancus and Mordeen like this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

All I know is RoS zones constantly have multiple picks up. /shrug. FM certainly is a "busy" EoK zone, it's the new DH. Easy low effort zone to go to.
  20. Narogg Augur

HAHA this post single handly just lowered the price of ORE on Xeg. Suddenly a HUGE massive influx just showed up on the /baz at 94k...