Rolling a mage on Aradune or Rizlona ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adonhiram, May 25, 2020.

1. Adonhiram Augur

Dear fellow mages in spe, just a reminder to point you towards the old mage class boards which have a TLP section if you want some basic infos about mages in the early expansions.

The TLP section of eqmagetower

If you are in a hurry, the Quick Pet Guide should cover the basics of pet stuff.

Take advantage of the pet aggro rules which changed in September 2015, assist your local enchanter or help your local cleric.

Happy hunting !

Elemental Greetings from Adon.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

Do you know how much of the mage epic can be done during classic? Looking at it on eq zam seems like everything but kunark stuff unless they removed it all and I have to wait till kunark unlocks.
  3. Adonhiram Augur

Hello ! Tbh I don't remember for every single item, but from what I remember on Lockjaw where I started, what drops in Classic zones is indeed lootable in Classic era : the walkthrough on Almar's site is quite accurate : https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/epics/mage1.0.cfm - I remember for example having done Najena and Kithicor pages as we were still in Classic.

However on TLP servers, iirc you have to kill Magi P'Tasa for the Earth staff, it won't drop from revenants. But as you pointed, lots of items can be looted in Classic.

And don't forget to make your pet foci quests from Temple of Sol Ro, two of them will be needed for epic 1.0 I also recommend doing the Clay Bracelet quest from there, it makes life so easier for pet pulling.
  4. Adonhiram Augur

Oh and the most important, make yourself a macro ingame which wipes your pet's hate list right before an attack command is issued :

Pet Attack Macro for better Control

You won't regret it. Long before /pet focus !!
    Toutatis likes this.
  5. Toutatis New Member

Thank you:)