Roleplaying Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by koook, May 16, 2020.

1. koook Elder

So I'm in a transition of taking tasks and grinding just to level up, to talking to npc's and learning the lore of the game. Played on and off since early days but never payed much attention to npc speech.

I noticed the autojoin channels are kinda of annoyance and am trying to figure out the command that would not log me into general chat.

I play on Firiona Vie, but just see wts chat today
    Is there a command? I guess the other option would be to use a macro at login.. /leave 1 x5

Thanks.
  2. koook Elder

Oh, it's in options on the left.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

You found how to not autojoin.

Additional information...

You can use the commands /join, /leave, /list and /autojoin.

Say you want to jump into general, that's just /join General.

Typing /list will give you a list of your current channels.

/leave # or <name> will leave that channel. Say you type /list and general is #1, then you can type /leave 1 or you can type /leave general.

You can also /autojoin. Say you want to always join general, but not the expansion and class channels. You can do /autojoin general. You can set multiple channels to autojoin. /autojoin general, myfriends, guildclasschannel

Autojoin, as far as I know, has to be fully retyped anytime you change it. You can't add or remove asingle autojoin, only re-enter the /autojoin list entirely (or blank to get rid of it)
  4. Questoften32 Augur

I wish there were more real RP, there is, you just have to insist upon it however.

I actually find I have to spam a macro ''to'' join general, for example, its always full sometimes even multiple instances of it so I I'm forced on planes, This speaks well for the game. Its like a Que drops bellow 400 and your in you just have to keep hitting the Gen key you make with socials.

This is Important because Not using traders "I can, I just don't'' Its how I sell anything I need to or ask a gen question.

You'll find people in guilds = stumped If you don't know, and you read alot about eq and or cant look it up, its usually a good question. However someone knows or whatever it is would never get done.

Given the always full channels, after the merge the pop will be so high on FV it will prob ''soft'' crash all the time.

Its laggy as it is ''the /bazzar delays and sometimes just wont work its so full, too many requests I guess at once. I don't mean DC, I mean things will simply lag or freeze up more for times, become unusable.
  5. Kolani Augur

I mean, there's only like five people on Brekt, that's not counting Yinya's boxes as extra people.
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

There are about a hundred of us, but probably five after the merger is complete is fair.
  7. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

What is a soft crash?

And maybe I am misunderstanding everyone's responses or the initial question, but isn't there a filter for all that?