Rogues & Dps

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kyos, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Dre. Altoholic

I saw that in the beta threads. Did that bug go live?
  2. Caudyr Augur

It's been in game for years, I believe. I think that if you aren't paying attention you probably wouldn't notice it.

As a matter of fact, it could've been in game ever since they separated backstab from the damage on piercing weapons (which was either late TSS, during TBS... or early SoF. It's just...it didn't seem to become very obvious until recently when our hits could break that 'meter' for the cap.

Someone else would have more data on that, though...I didn't do the parses on it.
  3. Soulstealler New Member

It has, And I quite often see Normal backstabs hitting much harder than crit backstabs ever do.

At this point I dont see myself main changing... but it might be time to retire....
  4. Hatsee Augur

Yes, rogues never did hit the caps in the past so you may have been passed by when the devs, or coders, last fixed this issue. It was House of Thule I believe, started with rangers and paladins I think, I would have thought they fixed the caps for everyone but they may not have, or this is a uniquely rogue problem that is different so it was missed. Either way hopefully it gets done soon.
  5. Hahlfwit Augur

1. Raise backstab crit cap.
    2. Add a crit dmg mod that stacks with rf and is not glyph or spire.
  6. Zahrym Augur

It's not just backstab capped like this. There are many things that function similar if given the proper situations.

A not widely known ranger one I can think of offhand is bow delay. I believe it's been impossible since the Pillars of Alra raid? to Acquire a bow under 24 delay with raid level damage.

Currently there is one 23 delay bow from tradeskills in COTF. Having parsed it vs the 'top' raid bow you can see a failing (or cap) in the archery skill damage. The Lampyrid Longbow autofire damage should be much higher than it is. In a full burn situation they parse almost identically which should be impossible.
  7. Poyzen Frawg Augur

My qualifications: Been a rogue since 1999. I know all tricks, bells and wistles on how to maximize rogue DPS. I have all the AAs, clickies, trinkets, illusions, LoN prizes, and over 29k achievement points to prove my experience.

I don't pars much anymore but decided to gather some data for this thread. In the best raid group imo (Bard, Shammy, Beast, Zerker, Ranger, Me) I'm always in the top 10. Number 1 is Necro, 2 is Ranger, 3 is wizard, 4 is beast, 5 is Mage, 6 is Zerker, 7 Rogue, 8 Monk .... Etc.

This is a combined parse of every single TBM raid and 4 hours of grouping.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

P.S. I am a Hstr fan. Also, if you take away ADPS from the groups .... rogues will actually begin to rise above all those other classes. In other words... if you are in a pick up group and you are looking for some added DPS.. the rogue is still your best bet.
  9. Bahdah Augur

Why don't you tell us what you do when you throw out your dps.. and what kind of group synergy you have normally..
  10. Brohg Augur

11. Dropfast Augur

I'm not sure what to say about SK's and Wiz mercs out DPSing rogues. That is defiantly player error. No rogue I know gets out DPSed by those, ever. Sounds like they need to contact a good rogue and find out what they are doing wrong.

As for raids, what you have to realize is each class shines with-in certain time frames. Depending on how your guild does the strat, your guilds overall DPS, your guilds ADPS and coordination, ect., it's easy to not get a clear picture on where each class really is overall. I've seen plenty of rogues topping parses lately, but only on events that work well with their time frame.

Rogues really shine in the 12-15 min range being that most of their Discs refresh in 10 min's or less. Monks suck in that time frame because our refresh timers are so much longer. After the first 5 min's of burning were out of discs for like 15+ mins. So the point is to keep in mind that each class shines with-in certain time frames and that it is really just random luck on each event. Every expansion is different, every guild does things different, even one week to the next can be different depending on who shows up for raids that week.

I'm not sure why your pointing the finger at monks considering Zerkers beat everyone on like 3/4 of all events. Their is only about 2-3 raids right now where monks shine. Rest is all Zerker / Wizards mostly. I'm not saying rogues couldn't use a small bump in DPS, but only a small one if anything. They are not that far behind at all. I suggest asking around about some kick butt rogues and pick at their brain. You've got to be doing something wrong. Now a days it's all about ADPS timing and using the correct Discs at the correct times. You would be surprised how much that really helps. Audio Triggers for ADPS helps lot as well so you know what ADPS is on atm and then use the appropriate Discs with it. Anyway, good luck to ya Sir.
  12. Brohg Augur

13. Bahdah Augur

14. Behelit Augur

look what you started bahdah
    Bahdah likes this.
  15. Kaliko Augur

I feel bad if mages are beating you after hearing about all the mages that can't even crack top 10...... It sounds like you might be too confident in your skills as a rogue or your groups adps is really that bad at timing everything to maximize sustained in events. Or you never ever seem to get a mobs back.
  16. Poyzen Frawg Augur

You are not to far off base there. I don't try especially hard these days. It's also just one day of parsing. I have my fair share of number 3 or 4 parse but I need to bust my butt (fingers on keyboard) to do it.
  17. Kaliko Augur

Then whats the point of posting you're always below X classes if you never try lol. Realistically you should be way up there on grp parses as well except for maybe a zerker.
  18. Gumby Augur

So you don't try very hard and rarely have your fingers on the keyboard pushing buttons.

I think you found the biggest part of your problem.
  19. Poyzen Frawg Augur

This guy?

I'm not the OP sir. I have no complaint with my DPS. I'm just providing a small bit of data. So many things go into a parse .. Like how often you die. Then How fast you can get back in and buff. On a perfect day for everyone; DPS varience for the whole night is very small.
  20. Poyzen Frawg Augur

ok ok ..... "2013" I see I kicked a dead horse with this. But check it out.....

took a closer look at the Graphs. Executioner is Broken. Burn DPS was reaching 250K until I hit Executioner... then it dropped to 125. Something is broke....

Anyone else see the same thing?