Rogues didn't need a nerf

Discussion in 'Melee' started by porok, Jul 21, 2018.

1. porok New Member

Thing is:in classic rogues are already behind everyone and we don't offer much except lockpicking(Super niche) sneak(great for getting some bodies, but unpredictable and a lot of enemies see invis, making it limited usefulness) and hide(allows us to sneak and hide behind some, but still a lot of enemies see invis)

I went from doing around 100 dmg max regular stab and often 200-400 backstabs to backstabs often of 99-100 damage being the most common and occasional backstabs of 400.
    On top of that, backstabs miss a lot, and i got maxed out backstab, and a lot of times enemies spin around making it hard to backstab.Its already hard to find groups in kunark era with epic 1.0, this will just give the haters more fuel to not take rogue for groups.We also offer less than other classes in utility, so we need something to have us desired.Either we do more dps than other melees, or we are given some utility that makes us desired by a lot.

Enc aren't supposed to be outdpsing a dps class, otherwise that just makes rogues more easily thrown away as trash.I think the nerf should be undone for rogues so they can at least keep up with monks, because they were already being outdpsed still by monks, now still outdpsed, and even more so now by enc and maybe mage pets.

I'm not saying rogues won't need fixing in future patches, but its a known fact rogues under perform in vanilla and still aren't the best dps in kunark.Lowering our dps even more just keeps us floored.
  2. Astral64 Augur

You're cute.
  3. Kindred Journeyman

Rogues are supposed to be behind to do their dps.
  4. Lheo Augur

Tipp: use HIDE and SNEAK together ;D
  5. Bahdah Augur

Is this for the meme?
    Proximoe likes this.
  6. Dailor Augur

Suffer, like your forefathers did.
  7. porok New Member

Why the rogue hate? rogues haven't got much to offer but dps, and now that its worse mages and enc will be more desired because pets are op still op.
  8. Aziuno Augur

Might as well swap to Monk now, or level whatever toon you will box with your Zerker when GoD hits your server.

#Cull the Weak
  9. porok New Member

I believe this server is going up to planes of power but its currently in kunark era.

Also:Am i supposed to be raising dex for hit rate? because my backstabs miss a awful lot
  10. Coppercoz Augur

/agree with this. Monk is far more versatile and will bring the dps too. I've put far too much time on my rogue to change at this point on Phinny, but if you're only at Kunark, then change now while you can.

Agnarr is the only PoP locked (well, LDON locked) server. I think Coirnav is going to continue through.
  11. Aziuno Augur

In Kunark, Chance to hit is only based off of your offense skill, backstab skill, +Atk (either Avatar spell which you won't have cast on you until Velious, or proc from Primal weapons) Versus the mobs Defense skill and AC.

Later on additional stats become available that further improve it.

The Rogue Journey is not for the light hearted.
  12. fortuneteller Augur

Learn what it Means to be a rogue. If you do not like how to play a rogue, then make a new char at another class
  13. porok New Member

I know what it means to be a rogue and its not my fault the dmg is lackluster.
  14. zachison Journeyman

Dude, suck it up and take your lumps like those of us that played the original content did. learn to get creative. Figure out what works best at the time. AND FOR PETES SAKE, QUIT CRYING.