Rogues and Poisons

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mattamer, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Mattamer New Member

I've started playing a rogue recently. I'm up in the 50's now and I haven't done anything productive with poisons. I'm seeking some insight and advice on poisons.
    A few questions
    1. My understanding is that I can significantly improve my DPS with poisons. I'm assuming this is still true? Do all higher-level rogue use poisons?
    2. Is poison-making trade skill the only reasonable method? Are there any decent poisons available from vendors? From the bazaar? If so, any recommendations on what/which/where to acquire? Or other alternatives.
    3. Applying poisons. Just a clickable potion, correct? (like hastened adventure)
    4. Are there any specific AA's I should start focusing on?
    5. Any specific gear I should acquire? I'm mostly outfitted with defiant, atm.
    Thanks
  2. Baydin New Member

1. The significance you raise your dps will depend on the effort you put into gathering and crafting. Also you can gain useful effects as a proc, like snare, slow and cripple. As you level, usually you don't encounter enough components to use poison constantly. You'd have to buy in bulk, and then, their damage will fall off as you outgrow each rank
    2. Yes
    3. Modern versions are stackable and apply a charged buff to you, just like potions, older versions from 1-65 vanilla days use clunky mechanics, but are similar
    4. You're actually at the level where drops are most common and poisons become practical, no real AA required yet, mostly just skillups from use.
    5. Get a mortar and pestle for combines, they are crafted through pottery, if you enjoy questing, start looking into the "master sketch" quest. Think it starts around 55.
    Old world poisons are based around specific drops and require a lot of gathering. Www.eqtraders.com can help you with recipes. I would focus on modern recipes though, reagents are mostly bought, recipes follow a common formula and only specific components are dropped according to level. Here's a good breakdown of the modern system. Dragon-venom.com/poison/ it takes a bit to figure out, but once you get the hang of it, it's just like any other tradeskill.