Rogue Raid Burn - TDS+

Discussion in 'Melee' started by mmofosho, Jun 25, 2015.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

@Sheex viewing total damage for an event is extremely useful. However as is the case with almost all TDS raids despite events being sustained in duration the meaningful part is burst. Event 5's test is burst dps for the first phase of lans and calix along with burning spark workers dead as fast as possible. Do that poorly and you lose 9 times out of 10. The rest of the event is essentially sustained parse padding and has little impact on your guilds overall success. The key to almost every TDS raid is a guilds burst dps at certain stages or phases despite how long the events last in some cases. This leads to inflated sustained parse durations making them look like a priority when in reality the test of most of the raids is still all about how well a guild bursts.

@Sancus ARX 5 is a different animal for necs nevermind the spark workers, emotes and chaos. It is two mobs dotted at the same time for over 5 minutes duration. If we want to look at what is an AE event for a nec then look at an AE event for a melee, which at this point can be 600-700k dps for 60 seconds. This is why I haven't mentioned AE melee dps at times as its not something they can do every event so its not a useful benchmark to talk about just as arx 5 for necs isn't something that occurs every event as a benchmark.
  2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We generally have the mobs mezzed well away from Tita..... who we tank with her stuck in a wall. I totally hit my Rake's Ramp, but since I'm facestabbing her, it boosts me a little, but not enough to make it on the parse. I generally hit top 10 with Tita + all adds, but for just Tita alone, it really doesn't take too much effort on the part of any melee to beat me.

So, I was gonna post a couple of parses from before and after the fix. That's not going to happen. I'll show you why.

[IMG]

The same ranger posted each of the ranger parses. Three different beastlords contributed to the beastlord parses. The total damage done varies so much from one parse to the next, it's impossible to even figure out which one is closest to correct. Obviously the higher total damage is the most accurate out of the ones posted, but we all know that the range for picking up info for parses is all wonky anyway. Vitio, we at least all stand on top of each other, more or less.

Now, not only do we tank her in a corner, our tanks are engaged on her only slightly before the rest of us get there. We rarely miss the timer for her spawning. We kill the magio and vitali at the final side, after she's live, then we go pound on her. So there actually isn't a whole lot of dead time for us. In fact, from start to finish, there isn't really any dead time for us. Travel time from one side to the next is pretty much it.

Side note: yes, I love making spreadsheets. Yes, I do it a lot. Yes, if you want to know about some weird thing in EQ, I probably have a spreadsheet on it, started for it, or want to make one. I should probably stop checking these forums again, so I don't cause any heads to explode with my spreadsheets.
  3. Random_Enchanter Augur

Totally off topic but spreadsheets own. You can do literally anything with them. From creating scheduling systems (I've done it in excel) to advanced parse examples for 'test' burning based off various parameters.
    Heck I've even seen some one create a flight simulator in excel.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I've currently got one going for my bazaar bot (copy and paste from log, and it parses out what items sold, for how much, and keeps a running tally of how many of each item I've sold since I started keeping track, how much each one sold for, and the total plat generated from each type of item), I did a comparison of 4 very specific parses done by my rogues, to see if I could figure out anywhere any of us could shore up our dps, and I'm working on a full 16 class dps stacking chart, so folks can see what stacks and what will buff block it, what is additive and what's highest only, etc, so adps can be used more efficiently.

I use google docs, then screencap it and do a bit of editing in PSP9. That grey tone is actually what color my screen is - that's not color filled boxes. I use Nightshade on Chrome set to 60%, then use a dimmer program on my computer also set to 60%. I read in the dark a lot. =x
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

For clarity, the only reason I suggested arx5 instead of say, 1 or 2 is that on any event that's super add heavy, melee (and necros) are going to be at a disadvantage.

For the calix encounter there's obviously switching and arx worker adds, but it's not like 1 where 90% of the event time is spent mezzing, corralling and killing adds.

TDS definitely doesn't have a great example - it just seemed with 5 that you have most of the dps on a boss (Lanys or calix depending on emotes) for the vast majority of the encounter, and it ends up being longer than a ~2 minute vitio fight. Yes burst is more important for success in the zone, but what I'm asking is who's winning the overall parse for the entire calix event, more often than not?
  6. Sancus Augur

Curious why this is? Both RS and Storm do 1/3-1/2 of their normal damage on adds (and the travel time on LoS spells is actually surprisingly annoying on adds b/c they often die before the spell actually lands), so I've always considered myself at a disadvantage on adds. Melee do have to run around more which sucks, but on Arx 1 the mobs are belly casters which means everyone has to move for a lot of the event.

5 seems like it would have a ton more variability (and from my experience it does) because of parsing range/death. Part of that is we DPS both Lanys and Calix at the same time and they're not necessarily in range of each other for parsing purposes, but AFAIK that's true for (at least a number of) other guilds. And Mills does have a legitimate point that the long duration 2 boss thing is not representative of Necro DPS on most events.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

My thought process was running around versus not for a melee disadvantage, and low hp adds for Nec disadvantage. And yar, I see what you guys mean about the dual boss dot scenario not really being a good case for calix since it'd inflate their #'s.

Just trying to think of events with minimal adds and a reasonably long boss fight for comparison to the vitio lul burn fest that people love to tout as the end all of dos proof. Every event in Arx is flawed pretty substantially for one class or another from a pure parse perspective.
    ~Mills~ likes this.
  8. Random_Enchanter Augur

What about Youranus erm Gordanus? He is long ish, gives back and butt (2 types), and we don't burn on him (granted others may kill him differently)
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

He dies in a few minutes without burn at the absolute most trivial part of the event? Meh
  10. Apoc Augur

Either your spreadsheet is wrong it has each of your beastlords doing roughly 471 k dps over the time frame you said there was 3 beastlords doing 1413757 dps . Maybe I am reading it wrong
  11. Sancus Augur

The 1413k DPS was raid wide, not just the beastlord. The class listed was the class parsing the whole raid, not the class doing that DPS. He was basically saying that the parses for Arx 1 weren't particularly accurate for his guild.
  12. Brogett Augur

All those high rog burns we post though are with AoE disc running.

It's only one mob, but still AoE it as it's AoE *in addition* to the normal melee.
    Sheex likes this.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

You know damn well that using your AoE disc on one mob while beneficial is not actually AE'ing like we are talking about.
  14. Brogett Augur

Yes and no. It's situational as I can only use it when we're not mezzing and not kiting nearby. In that regard it's not something that can just be disregarded as "normal dps". Yes it's not the same as fluffing a huge parse by hitting multiple mobs, but neither is it the same as just assuming it's our standard bread and butter dps output as it's not.

This is infact why I was asking for the "bug" to be fixed. It should do no damage to primary target IMO, so we can be balanced around what we do to a single mob and not what we can do when we don';t have mezzing or kiting going nearby. We don't need yet more barriers to maxing dps.
  15. Slasher Augur

If they fix the AOE discs they will have to increase our dps by another 80% just to fix that.
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

Thats why this change handled like it was was so bad. It ignores numerous factors in TDS or with some classes that are part of a bigger perceived problem that people see.

So we can just wait until their are less unfriendly melee scripts and events. Wait until sustained becomes less of the overall design. Wait until the impact of missing or poor adps is reduced for melee and adjusted so they don't have 50% of their dps come from it at times. Then we can see the 100-200% boost to other classes in burst to catch up as we suddenly see what some classes are capable of now that they have the chains removed and keep their new boosts. Round and round we go.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Spose they could introduce 2 versions of the same ability on the same timer and let the user choose, a la ranger storm of blades and focused storm of blades?

Not the most elegant of fixes but might be simpler than a larger scale overhaul.
    Dzarn and Brogett like this.
  18. Reval Augur

Something something Zek server.
  19. smash Augur

Its good, but there be a slight problem though when they make the focused version be of less effect against a single target compared to the normal one.
    And also when there is level increase and there come a new version and they then do not upgrade the focused version too.
  20. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Right - the parses were the entire raid parse, rather than JUST for that person. I edited out the other information (top 10) because with the main info on the parses varying that much, the top 10's on each one - even for the exact same mobs, day,and time - were ALSO different.

Also: she, her*. Totally a chick. <3