rogue Q: daggerslice?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by svann, Aug 8, 2018.

1. svann Augur

Im looking at whether I should continue opening from hiding with daggerslice, or just use fellstrike to start. Not sure of the math, but DS looks weak to me. Parsing is difficult because its an opener, but I tried 6x each (for 22 sec since thats how long opening with DS blocks FS) against a target dummy and fellstrike seemed to win by a large margin. Not every time, but enough that on average it came out to 33% more dps. Am I missing something? Do other rogues use DS or FS to open?
  2. segap Augur

It's a toy and nothing more. It's not worth ever using. You're losing auto attack damage and messing up with timing of getting started just for setting up for that one click. Fellstrike is also used for synergy, so there's opportunity cost there as well.
  3. Brohg Augur

Daggerslice duration is long enough to pre-use on a battle when you know just when it's going to begin, without costing any uses of Fellstrike. Go for that when you can, but definitely don't give up Fellstrikes
  4. svann Augur

Thanks for responses. I hadnt even thought about synergy, which I havent yet bought.