Rogue poisons?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tegila, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

Idk anything about them except how to make. So my questions:
    What is the best DPS group poison currently? Is it really the one from a couple years ago that's only 15k proc? Shissar from legs says 22k proc. Is the procrate that much different? I assume poison dot procs don't stack on mobs (from 2 diff rogues), or do they? Would a dot poison be better on ~45-60 second fights? If so, which one is best?

Also, were there really no new make poison recipes at all in CoV?
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am by no means an expert in the field, but here is what I know.
    Pants poison (Consigned Bite of the Shissar) actually does two things. It is a DD proc as well as a hate reducer. For Consigned Bite of the Shissar XX it will do 22426 damage and reduce hate by 16331. There is a poison, Strike of the Shissar, that is supposed to be a fast DD, but it only deals 7591 damage per proc, and has no hate reduction. As far as I can tell from my rogue poison chart, all of the poisons made with Mamba, Taipan, or Choresine mats are strictly DD, not DoTs.

As for whether older DoT poisons would stack, I am not sure, because I don't use them.

Also, don't forget your utility poisons as well. I think the most used one would probably be Myrmidon's Sloth for the slow. These have 150 charges, and can be used with your DD poison buff.

And yes, there are no new poison recipes for CoV. I don't think the mats for them can be foraged in CoV zones either (I could be wrong).
    Wdor likes this.
  3. Covennx Augur

If the same rank, the player made Bite of the Shissar ## and the leg click, Consigned Bite of the Shissar ##, are identical. Same damage, same hate reduction.

Pretty sure none of the new type poisons are DoT's, just DD's and Debuffs. You can use the Debuff poisons in conjunction with the DD poisons. The DD poisons give you the able to proc other rog's alliance/covenant/coalition. You can also make spider bite and scorpion's agony poisons to hand out to groupmates so they can proc your alliance.

New poisons come out with level increase expansions, so no new poisons in CoV. You can get the ToV poison materials in CoV however.

Draconic poison is less dps than Bite of the Shissar XX, even though draconic does have a higher proc rate. It does have 100 charges though, so coupled with the increased proc rate, it can help other rogues alliance fire off a bit quicker if you have issues with that.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Rogues had to beg for new poisons that mattered on ToV. I don't agree with leg summoned poisons being as good as the crafted ones. In the past, the crafted poisons have always been and should always be better, significantly.

There are soo many weapon proc "stackable" effects in the game I wonder if there is a case of diminishing returns on this. i.e. will a weaker proc bypass or nullify a stronger proc or can they ALL proc in any given weapon swing? I just don know.
    Wdor, Winnowyl and Sissruukk like this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I have a level 75 rogue alt that has make poison at 300, but doesn't make poisons - yet.

Which poisons should I make for her at level 75, as well as which poisons will be best at 115?

Also, what is the difference between Consigned Bite of the Shissar, versus normal Bite of the Shissar?
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Nothing, other than one is summoned and the other crafted.
    menown likes this.