Rogue poisons worthless in PoP zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ajschliewe, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ajschliewe Elder

Rogue poisons, to include nearly all PoP expansion ones, are pretty much worthless in PoP zones. As a 65 Rogue, I see where my poisons just keep getting resisted over and over and over again. That includes even after the malo line of debuffs are on the mob. Would like to see poisons not resisted as often; otherwise, what good are they other than taking up room and plat.
  2. Ryak Augur

Do the mobs have a bonus to resist checks against them or something? There's a number of zoneds with mobs in PoP which don't resist my basic poison spells as a necromancer which don't have any resist modifier.

Plane of Fire comes to mind as one of them.
  3. Coppercoz Augur

I don't use poisons often, but I seem to remember most group content mobs hit fine. Once you get to raid targets, then the poison is only really useful as a trash buff if you need one. This was true even with the so-called overpowered poisons we had on initial pop launch.

The current poison system on phinny might be worth the trouble if shissar buff duration was an hr and the proc was nearly irresistible. As it is, I think you're better off just waiting till the new system is released.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Does anyone have an updated guide to leveling Make Poison? Can you use the old recipes to skill up?