rogue poisons: bite of the shissar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nightork, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Machen New Member

No. Not at all. Poisonmaking was revamped in TSS (iirc) to make it drastically more powerful, to give rogues a needed (at that time) boost in dps. These are the revamped poisons.

The poisons that should be available now (the original bite of the shissar) proc for around 300. These proc for almost 3k.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

As with all exploits or loops in EQ, get there 1st and abuse and worry about the rest later.
    DBG will never take the time to remove these from people's inventory and even if they did it was worth a shot because there is zero penalty.
  3. TarewMarrForever Augur

Ouch, so wait, Bite II through X+ were available? WTF!

The Subject was misleading, because I was pretty sure the original Bite of the Shissar was indeed craftable. I've been banking the stuff the drops to make it for my newbie rogue (who just hit 46...yay!).

Yes, these should be removed. It's not a difficult SQL script, and frankly, should already exist.

DBG, please fix it. If you can't do this very easily, it's not a good sign. Yes, given the architecture of the game, you will probably have to bring the game down because the client does NOT handle things poofing well, but this is one thing where the downtime is TOTALLY worth it!!!
  4. Tudadar Augur

As was said before people have kept these poisons and are now profiting from the removal to buy them. There are currently some listed in bazaar. If tomes were fully removed, then these need to be removed too. I dont see why people wouldnt have massive amounts of them. If you want to keep the same style as the removal of tomes you need to fully remove all poisons in game and offer 0 reimbursement to people that bought pre nerf or people that bought after nerf in bazaar.
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

At a minimum DBG needs to come out and say the following, officially:

1) These were not supposed to be in game. We have removed from the vendor, and will soon be removing from Players.
    2) Do not use them. You are being watched.
    3) Do not put them up for sale in Bazaar. You are being watched.
    3) Do not buy them from other players who do offer them for sale.
    4) They will be removed, soon. If you buy them from players, you will lose your money.
    5) If you bought these and want your money back, sell them back to a *full* Vendor ASAP.

Done. It takes 5 minutes to craft this and post it, and then Tweet a link to the post.

This is the direction the game should be going. Take the bull by the horns.
  6. Tudadar Augur

Im sure they could also put it in as Message of the day. I remember on phin launch ( after the launch ) people were told through MOTD not to use ibox for the first time.
  7. Galdous Augur

What is funny is requirements to raid as a rogue require having these poisons now in some guilds. Have to be a exploiter now to play a rogue.

This is very much game breaking. Give everyone a few days to delete or start issuing bans. Ive parsed some rogues doing 3x dps now with it. Severely breaks the game.
  8. TarewMarrForever Augur

Wow I'm sure I know which guilds. Pathetic.
  9. your welcome New Member

I could care less if a Rog has this item. I'm sure most classes complaining are DPS. I play a tank and here are my 2 pennies. You want them gone, then a complete roll back is required from day 1 POP release. Way to many have been bought and buried. Maybe a Sanark Sniffer can find them all.
  10. JethroGibbs Journeyman

They end up being like 30-40% of your dps in time gear. Still pretty crazy but not nearly as op as 3x dmg across the board. Bad rogues may see that kind of jump, good rogues see a 50%ish jump.

I do agree though that they should either be all removed or they should be reinstated.
  11. Ootax Augur

These aren't as game breaking as some of you make them out to be. Since I found out about them I tried them on my level 60 alt. I did some of the pickup raids and some grouping. You get 60 procs and the poison lasts for 2 hours whichever happens first. Every time I've used one the timer came up before the procs where used up, so at best you're getting one proc every 2 minutes but it's not even that good.

So it's not like rogues are tearing through everything trash or raid mobs. Post some legit parses for those of you saying they are doing 30% more damage or 3x dps, which I'm guessing no one has. I asked someone in one of the top guilds if their rogues where using them and he said yes. He said some targets they where top dps and some they where. They apparently help but it's not like they are topping the parses all the time and when they do they aren't extremely far ahead. Basically you have a scenario where if you can't have it then neither should they.
  12. Baldur Augur

Wait until rogues get BiS gear from time. If these were in on Fippy it could explain why rogues jumped to top DPS in PoP.
  13. Man0warr New Member

The merchant with Poisons is back up in Bazaar.
  14. Machen New Member

They weren't on Fippy. We had the original bite of the shissar that got resisted on everything and hit for 300 when it did hit. Our jump in dps in pop had nothing to do with poison.
  15. EQers New Member

Off Topic: Anyone know a good guide or where to start poison making on LockJaw and Ragefire? I see some old guides out there but they are for the new stuff and for Crescent Reach etc. and/or anyone have a list of poisons that can be currently made on LJ/RJ? Thank you in advance.
  16. Coppercoz Augur

I find the new poisons to be a fix to the original lousy poison system. How many rogues even bothered with it before? 5% maybe?

The overall impact is way overstated, imo. Rogues remain as group dependent as ever. Its a proc, so we're at the mercy of the rng. We're also limited on the aa's that affect this proc in this expansion. What else does a rogue bring to the group now? Btw, ranger won our hedge boss parse by a wide margin.

Now, I do feel these should not have been vendor sold, but it won't break the game. These poisons are level specific, so the devs must have had a reason for 2.7k proc at shissar X. For me, it makes things interesting as now I have to watch aggro a lot more closely.
  17. Tudadar Augur

Its more of a advantage then the out of era DoN disc that was just mass taken out. When rogues are supposed to get these poisons other classes are nearing the time where they can get spider bite poisons.
  18. Kaivandar New Member

These put rogues right where they should be.

When this iteration of poison was first released, the dev said that it was long overdue.
    This time around, they came out at a much better point in progression.

Leave them in.
  19. Sdoofbuc Augur

Can I have Leopard Claw back?

Monk weapon drops in luclin were supper rare. My guild got 2 fangs, 0 ulaks and 0 emp 2hb. With out those weapons we don't even make top 10 on parses any more. Having Leopard Claw would help us be more balanced with other DPS classes.
    Zanarnar and Tudadar like this.
  20. Voss Elder

Since I was first to call the defiant scandal defiantgate, I'm calling this one poisongate, and just in case corpsegate