Rogue Poison - Island Toxin

Discussion in 'Melee' started by telechir, Dec 21, 2014.

1. telechir Elder

In game description says "Reduces accuracy, attack speed and snares on hit occasionally"

Spell data on EQResource lists:

Hate Override: 200

2: Decrease Melee Haste by 35%
    3: Increase Poison Counter by 25
    5: Decrease Movement Speed by 50%
    6: Increase Chance to Hit with 1H Blunt by 75%

I see the slow and snare; how does increasing the mobs chance to hit with 1hb by 75% reduce its' accuracy? Is this a bug/copy-paste error from when the shaman feralize spells did something similar before they were fixed?
  2. Brogett Augur

I pointed this out to the devs a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's slated for a change though. It definitely smells of a bug to me.
  3. telechir Elder

I tested this on a PC now that we can see accuracy rating.

It still shows no effect on accuracy, positive or negative.
  4. mackal Augur

You should see a change if their primary hand is a 1hb
  5. telechir Elder

The poison is not supposed to be limited to 1hb skill. It appears to be a copy/paste error of the shaman feralize spells, which used to have that effect and was eventually fixed to increase blunt damage taken vs. the bugged "increase chance to hit by 75", which was probably supposed to be "increase chance to BE hit by 75" aka lower avoidance, which was itself ALSO a mistake because it was supposed to lower accuracy.

Anyway, back to the poison, when used against someone with a 1hb weapon, it actually increases the accuracy of that person (my test case went from 969 to 1695).

Almost seems like there might be a way to exploit this......
  6. mackal Augur

I was expecting that to happen :p
  7. Tingain New Member

The most annoying thing about this poison is if something is immune to run speed changes, it blocks your slow from landing. For this reason I still use the old poison before they lumped everything together