Rogue pinpoint line

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Brogett, May 9, 2013.

1. Brogett Augur

This is highly resisted, maybe as much as 50% (I see 50% wearing off and 50% avoiding, but I don't know how many were on mobs that died and I can't split my spell messages from others easily).

As such it makes setting a rogue rotation a bit of a pain as we need to do a lot more communication and you can't just have a hotkey to announce you're doing it; you also need to announce it didn't hold, etc. Add to this the 4:1 ratio of cooldown to lasting on the mob and you'll see we need 6-7 rogs to keep this up in a rotation, compared to just 2-3 monks for their equivalent.

Any chance of make it unresistable, like the monk synergy line (which is about 10x more powerful in mode terms too and has faster reuse)?

Thanks.
  2. Nenton Augur

Even against group mobs this line has a silly resist rate and I don't exactly have another rogue there to try again when mine gets resisted. I'm also only seeing a 60% success rate on the Mark line as well and that has -134 physical resist adjustment compared to Pinpoint's -34 (Rk. II's).
  3. Tinyfeet Elder

I include pinpoint in my burn for luls, but it only sticks half the time...hence the luls.
  4. Tingain New Member

I havent really had issues with pinpoint as much as i've had issues with the Simple Mark. I just don't even use that one now and I go with the Asp Blade one.
  5. Hahlfwit Augur

What issues are you having with Mark?
    As I understand it Marked Effect is unresistable, this is the pierce dmg mod.
    The Simple Mark stun effect is constantly resisted however.
  6. Brogett Augur

I believe Marked Effect is BS mod, but yes it's unresistable.
  7. Nenton Augur

Except the Marked Effect doesn't go off when the mobs avoid Gullible Mark. That's the whole problem.
  8. Hahlfwit Augur

/shrug
    Even when the stun portion is resisted I see marked effect on the mobs.
    I have noticed that when the stun portion fails or is resisted that the "dazed by a blow" emoted text does not fire.
  9. Silenceisgolden New Member

I do not use mark in group or raid and I have the most recent rank 3 version. It gets resisted ALOT. I use asp blades instead and hope some of the procs don't get resisted.
    Based off of brog's comment maybe I need to take another look at mark
  10. Hahlfwit Augur

[35262] Marked Effect III
    Target: Single
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: 1
    12: Increase Backstab Damage Taken by 26%
    Text: You are dazed by a blow to the back of the head.
    Increases incoming peircing damage by #12 percent for %z.
  11. Behelit Augur

[35257/12517] Gullible Mark
    Classes: ROG/96
    Skill: 1H Blunt
    Endurance: 645
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Physical -128
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 5m, Timer: 7
    Hate: 1
    1: Stun for 3s up to level 100
    2: Cast: Marked Effect

if Gullible Mark itself is resisted than Marked Effect (while unresistable itself) will never be called upon to be cast since the overall skill of Gullible Mark was resisted. Granted with as high of a physical resist check as it has that should rarely if ever be an issue.
  12. Hahlfwit Augur

If that is indeed the case, then any mob over level 100 (any raid boss, group named, etc.) would make it a complete waste of a click.

From looking at logs over the past several months I do see the stun portion being resisted and therefore no audio trigger for the text "dazed by a blow to the back of the head". However, I can also find instances where it does indeed land on mobs over lvl 100 and even when the AT doesn't fire I see the marked effect icon in the mob's buff/debuff window.
  13. Behelit Augur

the only thing the lvl 100 cap refers to is the stun portion of Gullible Mark, that doesnt even get checked if the skill itself is resisted. so yes Gullible Mark itself can land on any level mob, the only factor is the resist check (-128 which is a rather large physical resist check), then once Gullible mark lands it will stun the mob (if its level 100 or lower) and debuff it with Marked Effect (which is unresistable).

to further illustrate the point of what I'm saying look at the Berserker stun...
    [36522/3502] Temple Crush Rk. III
    Classes: BER/98
    Skill: Throwing
    Endurance: 279
    Consumes: [Item 76500] x 1
    Range: 175'
    Resist: Physical -40
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 9
    1: Stun for 4s up to level 100
    Text: You suffer a blow to the head.

The skill itself CAN land on a level 101 mob however we will just get the message "the mob is immune to the stun effect", conversely the skill can resisted by a level 99 or under mob. The level cap for stun is only checked upon a successful check of the skill itself landing in the first place. Now imagine the Berserker stun had a secondary effect of "Cast: Crushed Effect" which is an unresistable debuff... that debuff would ALWAYS land regardless of the mobs level PROVIDED that the skill itself (which triggers the 2ndary cast effect) isnt resisted.
  14. Nenton Augur

I was watching this closely tonight killing patch nameds and never would the Marked effect land on a mob when Gullible Mark was resisted.