Rogue or ber for my 3 box?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Malkavius, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Malkavius Augur

I moloed a ber to 90 about a year ago and felt very underwhelmed for the most part. Grouped occasionally but was well geared due to playing on FV. Now I'm going to be boxing a shaman bard and either a rogue or ber. I like the ber style but am worried he won't match the rogue in dps with this box setup. Also my ber has better gear for the 80s but my rogue does not and can't afford any since I'm on test.

Can anyone give me some insight on how this 3box works for both classes? Will be using a healer tank and maybe rogue merc.
  2. Betenoire Elder

The berserker. Will need less maintenance in the form of positioning and backstabbing. Unless you're on the rogue backstabbing and staying in the rear arc the rogue will be inferior by a large margin, I'd let the merc worry about that and auto-attack on the zerk from any angle. They are also more durable for offtanking etc.
  3. Milfurd Augur

However as much as I like the berserker I use a rogue+healer merc in my 3 box and most of the time he is shrouded. If my group gets wiped out my rogue can rez everyone. A few zones can see through shroud.
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Out of those two classes the Berserker is the better choice. Rogues are probably the worst class to box with, especially in a three box scenario.
  5. Fenudir Augur

Tough call. If the 3rd box is just going to be positioned and swinging, neither is going to give you stellar dps though both will do alright and certainly outdps the bard with just auto attack. The zerker does have the positioning advantage though the rogue does have slightly better utility in the form of potions/poisons. I'd say SoS too but you have a bard for scouting/pulling.

If you're going to be actively on the 3rd toon while meleeing then the zerker. Just be warned that used right they tend to suck END like a hummer sucks gas.