Rogue: NPC's don't respond after clicking off sneak/hide

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nennius, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have a rogue. Kind of new to the class. If I use sneak or hide to travel safely I am unable, sometimes, to have a NPC respond to hails. The only consistent solution that I have found is to camp and log back in. Are other having this issue? If so, is there a solution I have missed, or is this a bug?
  2. Moege Augur

Turn attack on when encountering this. Mostly happens when you have SoS and someone casts invis.
  3. Mithra Augur

Cast something is easy fix - ds ring or thiefs eyes
  4. Xynia Apprentice

This happened to me as well and only relogging was able to fix it. Attacking or casting to break stealth does not fix it.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When I've had this on AB casting levi on myself clears it.
  6. Mukkul Augur

I use a clicky item to break any covert invis buffs or abilities that might be keeping me hidden. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't fix it unless there's a different problem going on besides invis.
  7. Kudladar New Member

Known issue/bug/whatever. Happens after someone else casts an invis spell on you. As others have mentioned, cast something that will break the invis and it's generally fixed.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Been a bug for many years. The above workarounds are the way to go rather than relogging.
  9. lockjaws Augur

I usually attack on/off to resolve it.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you all. Here's hoping the bug will someday get squashed. On the other hand, if the servers keep frequently crashing, who will care. Sigh.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I just gave up and buff blocked ALL invis. Keeps me from having this problem. Tho if I try to do a turn in without dropping Hide, I'll get a bug and have to re-hide, then drop it again.. or cast Thief's Eyes.