Rogue getting a damage increase anytime soon

Discussion in 'Melee' started by nagash101, May 19, 2021.

1. nagash101 Augur

Rogues on the TLP servers are the lowest melee DPS by far with the least useful utility. Shouldn't the least useful melee DPS be doing the most melee DPS? Rangers can track, snare, sow and generally out DPS monks, if played correctly. Monks can FD pull and are in most fights, top DPS all the time in early TLP server. Rogues can sneak/hide do some basic CR but no one cares about that anymore. Poisons are all but worthless until well after TSS or around that time. If the Rogue misses a BS, he misses out on a large percentage of his DPS for a fight. Can't the Rogue get a reduction to the BS timer or apply a percentage of the BS bonus to each attack or both?
  2. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Class balancing is done at the highest level. In high end raiding guilds, competent rogues are tieing with zerkers at the top of melee DPS chart in parses.
    Suvi and minimind like this.
  3. nagash101 Augur

I was referring to TLP servers, the cash cows of Everquest. Would really be nice if they at some point did some adjustments to the DPS on a rogue early on so that they are a bit more viable in Classic and a bit past PoP
  4. Baradorn Lorekeeper

I know you are from TLP. The fact I said still remains.
  5. Spazin Journeyman

Must have missed all the changes they have made to other classes based on TLP's...
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Baradorn Lorekeeper

I'm speaking of DPS balance.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rogues in classic on TLP do a lot more damage now than they originally did on live servers in classic thanks to innate AA, to make Rogues comparatively better addressing the power-creep of the past decades would help.

The thing for TLP's is that Monks benefited far more from the changes to melee over the years while Rogues benefitted from them the least so Monks are horribly overpowered on TLP and every other melee sucks in comparison - don't compare yourself to Monk & you don't look anywhere near as bad.
    By PoP the itemisation has made up for what deficiencies exist for Rogues (vs everyone but Monks) and while that is not ideal the chances that class-balance for any of the prior 21 expansions is going to get done any time soon(tm) is zero.
    If class-balance IS addressed on TLP at all at any time it will still be a long-term & slow process that is done piecemeal over the next few years.

I wouldn't hold your breath unless you want to look like a Dark Elf in real life.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Shakara Augur

This is not true. Enchanters were very recently nerfed on TLPs due to charm doing so much DPS. Also early ranks of headshot was nerfed as well a couple years ago. Early level Mage pets were also nerfed a couple years back due to their DPS being so high. TLPs do receive DPS balance changes but they are few and far between. It seems that things have to be really bad for them to go back and fix but they do pay attention to TLP game health.
    Skuz and Szilent like this.
  9. Szilent Augur

one of these decades they'll maybe address warriors not having any buttons :p
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

It does not.

OP: don't play classes in the wrong expansion on TLP. DBG doesn't have the budget to make moderate tweaks.
  11. Shakara Augur

Strange as it sounds I think too many people are fans of their stat stick class. Especially the people who want to be entitled to loot.
  12. Haze Journeyman

Would be neat to see some love thrown at rogues, but don't hold your breath. The game changes for us once we put the epic on. It's only 1 month of classic on the new servers; you'll be alright. I survived; have been smoking the parses since then.
    Skuz likes this.