Rogue Epic 2.0 - Frozen Nightmare (skeletons)

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Mandon, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Mandon New Member

Hi all,
    I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if the Task is broken...
    I'm stuck at the part in the Everfrost LDON where you have to kill 4 chromatic/icy skeletons at the same time. Everything I've read says to whittle them down slowly (done that) and wait for them to turn red before AEing them down. My question is: what the does that mean? Do they physically turn to a red color, or does their CON change to red?
    Reason I'm asking: the chromatic skeletons usually spawn as a red skeleton anyway, and I've had them anywhere between 1% and 15% and their con level doesn't change, either.
    I have not had a single one alter it's appearance, and they all con blue to my 70 rogue from the start.

I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out. Seems overly complicated and stupid.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

They physically change color.
  3. Qbert Augur

If they are not red, kill them. The near-instant respawn of any given skeleton may be red.
    Mandon likes this.
  4. Xyphen Augur

I had an issue with Banestrike procs interfering with balancing which made them a PITA. When I went back to run the instance for the 35 AC gem, I just ignored the mechanic and mowed them down with Rake's Rampage.

If you have access to a warrior (friend) they can one shot them with Rampage as well.
  5. Kezzan New Member