Rogue Easy Mark question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Dewey, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Dewey Augur

I have been away from the game for 6 years, and just coming back. I was going to throw Simple mark into my dps rotation, but it states it only works on targets up to level 95. I am finding that it will actually land on all mobs regardless of levels.

When it lands on these mobs higher than level 95 is it having an effect, or is the effect nulled because they are above level 95?

So either the description is a typo, the effect is not working as intended, or it lands and does nothing on the target.

If it is really only good for mobs up to level 95(when you get it at 91); then there would be no reason to have it. Or I am missing something; which is why I, as a returning player, am asking this forum who will have a lot more knowledge on this.
  2. segap Augur

The Mark line of Disciplines have two effects. The first is a stun. The stun part is level capped. The second effect is what boosts your backstab damage and is not level capped. These work independently, so the stun not landing does not prevent the Marked Effect from landing. This is what you're seeing.

You'll get a new version of this Discipline every 5 levels that will raise the cap on the stun component to be in line with each level cap expansion.

Like many spells/disciplines, the description is misleading. Looking at them through a spell parser gives a much better picture. In this case, look at http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?name=easy&class=Rogue
    Felicite likes this.
  3. Dewey Augur

Thank you