Rogue DPS for TBM

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Maxxbuff1, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Maxxbuff1 Elder

I do not expect to beat rangers, bezerkers, wizards, nor necromancers. The longer the fight, the more necros an rangers dominate, the shorter ones, wizards and zerkers own. I am just trying to maximize the resources I have as a rogue, and beat any of those that are not giving their all
  2. SneakyFast Journeyman

You should beat rangers on every fight. The other three depends on the random number generator, the encounter, "skill", and gear. As others have said, you are more than likely doing something wrong or you aren't in a situation to excel if this is your experience.
  3. Maxxbuff1 Elder

I have tracked my parses verses my guild's rangers... thus my rogue and our rangers are not on the same raids since I'm the enchanter on guild raids. In our fights our rangers are hitting 380k+ on fights 2 minutes and under, and the longer the fight goes, if they have a mana feed like bard dicho, they tend to be with or beat the necromancers. Are you saying we should be beating their 380k on parses such as Inny?

I swapped to all Hdex and notice on my 2hr dummy parses, I am much more dependent upon NET, Bard, and Shamman, but parses are higher than Hstr. Contrary, if I do not have the adps support, the Hstr parses are higher..so I am guessing it depends on your setup.
    Thanks to your help so far, I am in the top 5 each event on the raids I attend with my alt rogue. But if I were on our guild's raids, I'd be no where near the top.

This is a ranger parse from over 2 months ago before my friend got even more gear and spells/dicho upgrade on Inny: Name, total dmg, %dmg, time, dps, scaled dps, hits, max hit, .....
    Ranger xxx 41079232| 5.73%| 111| 376874| 370083| 1169| 594387| 35140| 94275| 1291
  4. Brohg Augur

The extreme dps you're witnessing for rangers on sub-2min burns includes a large chunk of the Manaburns (with 30min cooldowns, and probably 2-3 or even 4 of them on the duration you describe) being laid down. It's not exactly not their damage, but it's more the raid's damage since if the ranger weren't chunking through it with their procs, then someone else would be. Also rangers hot burn depends a great deal on 20min cooldown Scarlet Cheetah Fang.

Rogue burns, of course, fully recycle in 10 mins. I tend not to mind when like 9 characters Combine Their Powers to push one of them ahead of my rogue for a brief while, while I "doodle along" at 120k or whatever as long as I'm not actively sabotaged.
  5. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Brohg, are you Hdex or Hstr?
  6. Brohg Augur

hStr, but the augs are nothing compared to staying on top of discs & spamming BS/Barrage with sufficient vigor
  7. Bahdah Augur

Them spam skills.. :p