Rogue DPS Fading Away

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Zandas69, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Zandas69 New Member

Last I check true melee was DPS king, well that doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully Darkpaw will make adjustments in the upcoming x-pac. Its a sad day when Mages can easily out parse us on any given raid targets. Yes I have smash keys, raid gear, bis, yada yada with ADPS in grp when comparing apples to apples. Tweaking is definitely required.
  2. Disapointed Lorekeeper

Rogue is still the god of melee & well ahead of other true melee. Comparing yourself to a mage isn't exactly apples to apples

TBH this comes across more as "please nerf mages" because everyone knows that rogues are in an amazing place right now..
  3. Zandas69 New Member

Yes when comparing with other melee classes. Last I recall Rogues can't solo red con names in current x-pac and easily handed a beat down by Mages in raid parses.
    Kalipto likes this.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Numerous classes can solo red con named while also out-DPSing Rogues on raids. That holds 0 bearing over the raid game, just like raid deepus holds 0 bearing over the group game.

It has been well documented that the majority of melee need to be adjusted upwards based on the boosts casters got in ToL.

Going on a, 'nerf X class because I lost a parse to them' hissy fit does nothing at all to help your case. It is more than likely you just get your 'thread' locked for nerf calls.
    Adaire, Raccoo, Silvena and 5 others like this.
  5. Roxas MM Augur

next expac, without a level increase, we melee's will get better ratio weapons, while the casters only get a slightly better focus for mostly the same spells. Then the difference will be different.
  6. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

sounds like you should reroll
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

We need a class change token so people don’t have to leave behind a decade or more of character development when their class goes in the dev “neglect until everyone quits” bin.
    Raptorjesus5, Vumad and Kalipto like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

FOTM Perk
  9. Tucoh Augur

Would definitely use it to class change my main from warrior to SK. Even if it meant losing all my non sk AA and having a bunch of gear i couldn't equip.
    Vumad likes this.
  10. Maedhros High King

Yea I hate it when other classes finally get some love after years of mediocrity too.
  11. kyong Augur

My rogue has 556k HP buffed and TOL raid in all slots, dies in a heartbeat compared to a 1.5 million HP mage pet...seems a little strange to me.
  12. Tolzol Augur

Not sure what your vendetta against mages is all about lol. Theres way more than mages capable of beating rogues. Tanks can beat rogues, priest classes can beat rogues, hybrid classes can beat rogues. All melee classes are hurting right now. It’s not just rogues. Your 100% going the wrong way about try to get changes. Whining like a school girl generally doesn’t work. Yes we need pretty big adjustments but i don’t believe they should nerf mages just to make you feel better.

And oof if you thought mages were mediocre before ToL. They have been top shelf since at least RoS. (Really EoK after zerkers got nerfed)
    Gloomfall and Skuz like this.
  13. Maedhros High King

I know the OP was mostly talking about mages, but I am referencing the 40% boost to nukes that happened during beta last year and then the sympathetic proc boost.
    Not sure if the net proc damage is higher now than before the proc calculations nerf but I'm sure someone will tell me!
    I have been on record year after year trying to get more substantial boosts to casters on a level increase expansion because for most guilds, as the Op said melee dps is king and had been king for years.
    Nobody who knows anything about rogues would argue that they are doing bad dps right now and I think the OP is probably just pretty bad at their class or if we give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they have terrible adps.
    I think its really good for the game that casters are doing so well right now, though necros are a bit too strong.
  14. Tolzol Augur

That 40% boost was super unnecessary except for wizards though. Mages did not need it at all. But I’m sorry your flat out wrong that melee have been king for years. Lower tier guilds just have poor adps support for their casters or just have people that don’t know the optimal way to play their classes. I haven’t topped an overall parse since EOK when zerkers were OP in RoI. Nowadays I’m lucky to break top 10 (only way i do is if a caster group is missing). Not saying i think casters are OP, i believe that’s where all the dps classes should be be given where tanks/priests (excluding clerics)/hybrids are nowadays.
  15. Knifen Augur

I am not seeing that as the case on the raids I have been to. Very happy where rogues are at the moment for this expansion, leave us alone or bring us up to the only class that can consistently out dps us, necros.
  16. Maedhros High King

When I say that melee had been king that's how it was in nearly every guild. It isn't now and that's ok. Pendulums need to swing.
    No class represented the excess as much as berserkers did. They have finally been stagnated and that's probably good. Even after the "lol Disconcerting is the only disc I have to push" nerf, berserkers were still easily top overall from TBM until COV. I'm not saying other classes couldn't steal a win on a given event throughout those years, just that berz got most of them.
    Necros have been the top class for 2 years since the dot consolidation but even with that berserkers were right in the mix for top spot on many events until this year with TOL. The last time I personally topped a parse on my berserker on ROTE raids was Sontalak but I know I didnt take home the overall parse for the night. Getting into the top 10 on any event in TOL as a berz is a challenge.
    Its a lot more fun to have to push to get a top 10 than it was to just phone it in and get a top 5, or actually give decent effort and get a top 1 or 2.

Up until this year and excluding necros, for any other guild outside of ROI and its optimized roster, casters getting a number 1 for any particular event used to be an anomaly and was celebrated when we saw the parse posted. Berserkers, a burst class, were definitely still bringing home the overall total parse for a given raid night though.

When you say that lower tier guilds have poor adps support for their caster groups I don't think you have put much thought into the reality of the raid scene in EQ outside of ROI.
    Most lower tier guilds struggle to optimize their raid rosters.
    Even my guild which has been top 10 since TBM with a couple of top 5s has its struggles with roster optimization.
    Its not like raid leaders want to give their groups poor adps support, but if the roster doesn't allow it what are they supposed to do?
    Don't you dare say "recruit better".
    Casters got the absolute shaft from TDS until TOL.
    Caster population has plummeted other than mages stayed fairly strong because their abilities with a pet in the group game.
    Chanters have suffered nerf after nerf after nerf. They are literally unicorns.
    Server lag on raid has pushed so many casters to quit.
    Caster group synergies are a disaster with all kinds of absurd limitations.
    They have sat around and watched melee dominate parses for the most part since TBM opened in 2015.
    The amount of caster class turn over is pretty insane. Top guilds gobble up most of the caster talent that's still in the game.
    Getting a perfect caster group with a druid bard and chanter, and then getting them to use their adps tools with any level of coordination is a challenge.
    Even if you don't see it in ROI, everywhere else does.
    Skrab likes this.
  17. Tolzol Augur

It’s not like I have solely raided with RoI all these years, i understand the struggle it is to recruit people (we even have issues finding certain classes at times). But i strongly disagree balance should be done based on non optimal support. You can argue your point til your face turns blue I won’t change my mind. With that said I don’t have a beef with caster dps. So you can tone yourself down. All I’m saying is your wrong that melee were king. You can’t make that statement when you give them all the support they need and not give the casters the support they need to do the best they can to even know what that is. Not having the people is a whole seperate issue.

I do think melee and wizards need adjustments to be brought to mage/necro level or at least close to it. And i also think tanks/priests need to at a minimum be stagnated dps wise moving forward. Hybrids are likely fine where they are if melee dps and wizards get the adjustments needed. There doesn’t need to be a giant pendulum, a small swing back and forth where there still is competition between the actual dps classes (both melee and caster) is fine. The huge swings just gets people to quit every year further exacerbating the issue you point out about recruiting.

The best thing they could do to help casters without screwing up balance at the top end is stop continuing spell lines that are not used and will likely never be used which create traps for those that don’t take the time to parse them out to see what’s optimal. Melee have less “options” so it’s more straight forward which contributes to a lot of the gaps you see in the lower end (excluding the adps support issue obviously).

Lastly i have no arguments about raid lag or chanter nerfs. This is why i don’t want necros and mages nerfed because they ALWAYS go to far the other way. And then we’d have priests and tanks topping parses instead of dps.
    Astral64, Skuz and Maedhros like this.
  18. Maedhros High King

Well said bud
  19. chungus Journeyman

If you can't do well on a rogue this expansion I don't know what to say. Also, melee have been on top basically since tbl until tol? In general class balance is long overdue, but trying playing a monk or a zerker now, neither nearly as good as rogue.
  20. Belexes ForumQuester

LOL! We are not fading away. Don't be overly dramatic. You sound like certain rangers that post here. :)

Just play the class to its full potential and enjoy it...or reroll.

Casters might lead parses, but that will not always be the case.

Maybe you should post a parse. Lets see how much YOU have faded. :)

I just try to hang with guys like Trolzol. If I can do that, I feel pretty good.
    Astral64 and Wdor like this.