Rogue DPS @ 105

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sissruukk, May 26, 2017.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

Hey fellow rogues,
    I am looking at maximizing not only my burst dps, but sustainable dps as well, both for group and for raid. Basically, this is what I have now:

Macro 1:
    /Disc Pinpoint Vitals
    /alt act 1412 (Third Spire)
    /alt act 3514 (Rogue's Fury
    /alt act 378 (Focused Rakes Rampage)
    /disc Twisted Chance Discipline

I hit this macro, then hit Wide-Eyed Mark Rk. II, then Hidden Blade Rk. II, and finally Dicho Weapon. When Twisted Chance Disc wears off, I hit Frenzied Stabbing Disc. When that wears off, I hit Executioner Disc. When that wears off, I hit Knifeplay, or I will run this:

Macro 2:
    /alt act 1175 (Absorbing Agent)
    /alt act 3515 (Envenomed Blades)
    /disc Reefcrawler Blade
    /disc Arcwork Discipline

This is basically all I have at the moment that I run, but I suspect there is more out there that I can be doing disc/AA-wise. So, any suggestions would be helpful that you, the rogue community, might have for me.

Thank you.
  2. Brohg Augur

Epic with the main burn

Pair up Wide-Eyed with Frenzied Stabbing instead of Twisted

Twisted+Frenzied is full Fury duration, so you can go right to Knifeplay when they end

after Knifeplay, Razor > Arcworc fill the 2 min till next Knifeplay. Dicho should be back up halfway through Razor, fire it up!

if you're not Envenomed Blades-ing right from the start (you totally can), then use Dirty Fighting instead

Exe pretty junk these days
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

What kind of DPS are you 105 raid geared rogues putting out these days?
    One huge set back for me is that I'm the only rogue on raids.... I have no one to compairmyself to. Also, no alliance :(.

Posting your numbers will be much appreciated. If possible, I'd like to see numbers for a great ADPS group and in a bad ADPS group.. like no Bard or shamen type DPS.
  4. SneakyFast Journeyman

Depends on the encounter (and when/if you get hit by emotes); some you can inflate your numbers a bit more than others. Being able to use alliance helps somewhat. Here is the usual disclaimer though; dps is as much of a function of you as a player and your raid. Your numbers are going to look better if you are playing with people that play well.

I have 6 or 7 pieces of EoK gear and here are my numbers-ish.

Perfect setup, play, etc 150k and up. A lot of the encounters you can push over 200k though.

Non-bard setup; maybe 100k - 130k. When I die multiple times or make a mistake during encounters, generally I am in this range.

I stream raids almost ever Sun, Tues, and Thurs. You can see exact numbers via the old broadcasts if you wish or just watch me die. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147902972 . I had 3 good events (Ancient Dragon, Prince, Queen) that raid and 3 (Reaper, the last t3, and vault) not so much. I show the entire parse at the end of each fight.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

[IMG]

How do I get the burst DPS at the beginning of the fight to last throughout the fight once my above mentioned rotations wear out? Are there other rotations I can add with other Disc/AA combos?
  6. Zyba New Member

Also what weapon augs? Since the eok weapons finally have real procs do I assume 11dmg Augs are better than say an 8 with a lifetap proc (more for group content utility than full 110% max dps but the lt interference with the innate proc or lack thereof is more the question)
  7. SneakyFast Journeyman

That is just the nature of dps'ing as a rogue. You are going to have a huge increase in dps when you burn over your sustained. You just need to get your numbers up across the board via AAs, gear, buffs, progression, etc.(Assuming you are hitting all of your abilities correctly now). Here is a graph of mine for a High Bokon Boromas that is about as long as the one you posted. You can see the burst at the start and then lower sustained and the lone poison alliance I got :(.

[IMG] <- right click on it and select "view image".
  8. Brohg Augur

[IMG]
  9. SneakyFast Journeyman

Does this work better...

[IMG]
  10. SneakyFast Journeyman

For your main-hand, you want the highest DMG/Backstab DMG aug. This one: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=148424

For your off-hand, you can use a proc one if you wish. The damage gain or loss will be minimal (When I tested this, I could not find a statistical difference without having a parse running for a extremely long time. That was a year or so ago though and with a 10 dmg aug compared to an 11 that you can get now). Still using the highest dmg one with a proc you can find. This one more than likely: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=86159