rogue: cant see my poison buff

Discussion in 'Melee' started by svann, Jan 6, 2017.

1. svann Augur

Im just now starting to work on poisonmaking and when I use my self made poisons Im not seeing a buff in the buffbar and nothing on the weapon either. It does say it was successfully applied, but no buff and I do not seem to get any poison procs either. Its like I got nothing from it. Ive tried with atrophic sap and calcium rot. Tried switching to default ui and no help. When I buy poisons it does create a buff icon.
  2. Jazya Elder

There are two different poison systems.
    1. The old system poisons which are one-shot instaprocs, do not give a buff & these use the "apply" skill. (E.G. two you mentioned & spirit of sloth)
    2. The new-system poisons all give buffs with counters. These you just right-click to apply. (E.G. storebought Bite of Shissar, Quellious' Trauma, etc)
    Then you've got Strike of Ssraeshza line which is a new-system poison that you right-click to apply, is one-shot instaproc but gives a buff icon showing a single charge. These are mega powerful pre-90 but viability really fades fast after that.
  3. svann Augur

Ok that explains it - Ive been making the wrong ones. Is there a way to see which are the new recipes and which are the old? Or are all the auto-learn recipes old style?

I found a poison guide at eqtraders, but im not quite getting it yet.
    http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?33370-New-Poisons-Guide
    Is that still valid?

Particularly this part is flummoxing me:
    Ive been looting everything but dont think I have ever seen these so it makes me wonder if Im looking at a wrong guide. Also, because none of the combinations Ive tried from the guide will combine, but that might just be me.
  4. Jazya Elder

New system has levels on the dropped ingredients, vials and final combined poison.
    Yea, though I'll be adding some info here:
    For the Rog-only poisons, these will need to be 'washed/extracted' before they can be combined. E.G. Immaculate Privit when washed becomes Distilled Grade C Privit Extract which is used to make Archer's / Tallon's

Tallon's/Vallon's are generally "raid" poisons since they have a low proc rate and require multiple Rogues working together. IIRC there is some other "raid" poison out there but I wouldn't know about it.

I'd be surprised if you haven't, though they aren't called this exactly. "ingredient" is a placeholder for the type. The items are "quality" "ingredient" e.g. Immaculate Privit, Pristine Oleander, Fresh Laburnum, Fresh Caladium, Immaculate Larkspur, etc.... Quality corresponds to the level, ingredient corresponds to the type.

I would work your way backwards through the ingredient system, at least while you're skilling up after 275. By that I mean look at the final product/trivial level and then figure out what's needed, rather than looking at what ingredients you have and what they are used for.

Recommended path:
    Quellious' Trauma VI up to 167 skill (100% storebought & works even if resisted)
    Spirit of Sloth up to 275 (100% storebought)
    Save the below ingredients for the 276-300 grind
    • Level 60-80 All/All poisons
    • Level 60-80 Rogue poisons
    • Level 80+ Wash/Extraction steps