Rogue 2 piercers vs Katana

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bealum, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Bealum New Member

Can anyone confirm that using two piercers (that apparently give a bonus) is or is not better than using the jeweled katana in offhand ?

I was told for years rogues should wield 2 daggers for the bonus but if that bonus is no longer that great compared to using a 1hs in offhand I'd like to know.

And I really wish they would restore the bstab bonus on daggers to the original 15% and not 12% but I guess many nonrogues would complain and say it's not balanced again.
  2. kyong Augur

I use Jeweled in offhand with my rogue. I think the only benefit of going dual piercers would be for when your dropping pinpoint deficiencies and you get the extra 3% from piercing...I guess.

After the aa consolidations it seemed like every aa we had that was piercing focus'd got 1hb and 1hs tied into it.

I personally like the jeweled in offhand. I like the proc and damage is decent. I bagged dekloaz's for it.

With the new burst of power AA i'm curious how a 19 delay weapon would fair against a 21 delay in offhand.
  3. kyong Augur

Ok. Parsed some tonight. Jagged shard of spirits mainhand with "regular buffs" haste, shaman, atk, envenomed blades, strike furry etc with auto backstab from behind with jeweled katana + sigil of thokk offhand is around 32.3k DPS.

Max offensive aa. 3295 dex.

Swapping in Bristle offhand is around 31.2k dps with same aug. Surprised me a bit.
  4. kyong Augur

When I get some more time I'll parse the +14 dmg aug offhand between jewled and bristle. It might be a little closer but I think jeweled will put a head a little.
  5. Brohg Augur

make sure the dummy you're testing on has AC boosted to a relevant value.

Piercing damage boosted 3% by Pinpoint, iirc full uptime on raid targets with just two rogues
    Slashing damage boosted by nothing
  6. kyong Augur

So here's the deal. Even with a parse that was around 5 minutes, my parse with jagged shard of spirits mainhand / katana offhand had about 30% more massive strikes than my parse with jagged shard mainhand / bristle offhand. Another parse and they were neck and neck. Throw in the extra 3% dmg mod to piercing and bristle > katana.