ROG in a 3-box party?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Husceal, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Husceal New Member

Hello,

sorry about my English, try to do my best.
    I'm planning about a 3-box party, and I want to play a ROG in my group. Its possible to play as a Rogue inside a 3-box party? I think about that: WAR/ROG/SHM with 1 healer merc and 2 dps wizzard merc? Good idea?

I want to play on FV, with this 3-box its possible to go to max level with this?

And what about mercenaries? I can play with F2P and apprentice mercenaries, or better to go in All Access and take journeyman tier I?

Last question, mercenaries journeyman have more hp/mana between tier V and tier I?

Thanks a lot for the help!
    Nice to meet you in Norrath!

Husc
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes.

Yes.

If you sub, sub your warrior, use a cleric merc on the subbed account.

T5 is better than T1 and Journeyman is better than Apprentice.
    Tucoh and Barton like this.
  3. Goranothos Augur

I'm not familiar with boxing any of those but the Shaman. Aren't both warrior and rogue rather keyboard intensive in order to achieve good results? Or can you just position the Rogue behind the mob and autoattack?
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Yes you can run 2 melee in a box group it takes some practice if you are doing it all without any outside help.
    Yes you can level all the way it will be much harder if you are FTP

If you do go all access I and many others would suggest doing it on the tank.

Unless something has changed recently 2 melee DPS mercs would be better than 2 wiz dps mercs.

My suggestion would be to try it out FTP and see how you like it, take your 3 box out and level with it and go from there. If you end up hating the war/rog/shm you can always switch to something else
    minimind likes this.
  5. Husceal New Member

Hello,

Ok I follow your advice and run like this: WAR/ROG/SHM with sub all-access on the War and merc healer.
    I'm doing well, but have a lot of difficulties to keep the aggro with war. My Rogue hit hard with Backstab and poisons.

Little bit tricky to find the good way to dps but its fun!
    I'm actually lvl 22 and enjoy my first box experience.

Thanks a lot for the advice and nice to see u in Norrath !
    Husc
    Barton likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Warrior is not keyboard intensive. You can just pop your defensive cooldowns, get aggro and auto attack + heal aggro procs will take care of the rest till the mob dies. No idea on rogues.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Keep an eye out for weapons that proc a hate modifier. I have never played a tank but I know early on in EQ that warrior weapons usually had aggro procs. I think something changed in the way warriors get aggro at higher levels because I don't think those aggro procs are a focus anymore.

Fortunately at your level the rogue can gank aggro and tank and survive. The warrior shouldn't have any problem holding aggro at a level in which the rogue can't take a hit.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

push hide during combat. skill up hide outside of combat.
    use quellious trauma poisons. make scorpions agony poisons for warrior
  9. Husceal New Member

Thanks for all these great advice.
    Actually Im 37 but a little bit disapointed about leveling zone. I follow a guide from reddit but it seems to be for solo player. What's the best zone to go to level my 3 box at 35+? I try City of Mist but not so much great after Blightfire moors.

Thanks a lot for all these advice.
    Husc