RoF T3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sojuu, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

All evolve armor!
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Samtan Lorekeeper

Or the next batch of content that we get could be more of the same that we always see around March (ie like TOFS last year)
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The large fear shard in the middle of Shards Landing has also gotten larger recently.
  4. Deillusional Augur

Alternatively Tier 3 could be coming as 2013s "expansion release" later in the year.
  5. Nolrog Augur

One one of the videos they released, they said that content would be delivered in a new way beyond expansion release. My guess is that they will relase things every 3-4 months to keep giving people things to do, instead of waiting a full year and release it all at once. As a result, I don't think there's a 2013 expansion (since that content will be rolled out more frequently instead.)
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Battleaxe Augur

Maybe Nolrog's hit the nail on the head - we're looking at the start of staggered progression release instead of non-progression/sometimes catchup additional content that's been done in the past. Mr. Smedley did comment on the difficulties posed by a small minority of players roaring through content when discussing EQ Next after all. Staggered release does at least in part address this problem (catchup content attacks the disparity in pace issue from the other end).

(Except that if a staggered progression model was to be used I wouldn't expect release of the new content until April or May and that seems unlikely).

But IMO the comment that:
    to my mind misses the mark. Under a staggered release model you'd still have chapters/episodes. The new stuff seems likely to be a continuation of RoF.

And in 2013 we'll see the RoF chapter close (with a couple of new portals having been added it looks "full" to me) and a fresh/new chapter complete with a new adventure hub and merchants open. ....unless there is in fact a major departure from how SOE has done things in the past.
  7. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Currently there are no zones with all white/yellow/red con mobs as would be expected in an end-tier zone. Even if there is no gear progression (and it seems based on foci that there will be), more difficult content is to be expected. Being another tier of an increase of difficulty may be a different story.
  8. SpamFactory Augur

thing about staggered content is you should think back to the last time we had staggered content (converteum). SOE had commented about converteum coming as a staggered release fairly early on, so there was no ambiguity that it would be included with UF.

For the tier 3 ROF there hasn't been any official mention, and even that video with ngreth where it is hinted at (the closest thing we have to an annoucement) they choose their words carefully and don't say anything about that content being part of ROF.

I'd love for the tier 3 content to be part of ROF, but I still feel like it's going to be an additional purchase.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Are we there yet?
  10. Nenton Augur

Maybe charging for additional content would work if they had actually released a whole expansion. Less zones and raids than ever before and the content was so easy that gearing up wasn't required at all. No new spells. No new AA's. The "hook" was picking up shinies on the ground.

We already saw by these recent flash sales that they aren't out of terrible ideas so charging for content that should have been included in RoF could certainly be next on the list. I'm sure I won't be alone in that being the final straw.
  11. Pirlo Augur

twss

/laughs like a nerd while milk squirts out of nose

All kidding aside

T3 will cost 19.95.
    Raiders will have to buy it
    Casuals might buy it
    F2P won't buy it
    And the cash cow keeps moo-ing.
    Kunon likes this.
  12. Kunon Augur

If there is a T3, this is exactly what I am expecting.

Content for casuals and bleeding edgers.

Expansion launched with content for the casual masses. Content open and doable for everyone immediately. Pretty much a full expansion, only 1 less zone, 1 less raid than VoA (including NToV). Video specifically says there is only 2 tiers because of no overlap, was finished, and aimed at casual players (easy).

Optional mini expansion (paid for separately) aimed at the bleeding edge who want a *hard mode*. Locked behind beating all current missions (group) and raids (raids) and designed so that only end gamers would be able to survive.

Problem: People it is not designed for will buy it so they can get the best stuff, and then complain that it is too hard.
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. savrin Augur

F2P is all about making money. As SoE keeps moving closer and closer to that model I expect it to become like DDO where they keep coming out with more content every few months but you have to pay for it and they will probably go away with expansions completely at some point as they know a lot of people simply won't pay $40 for one expansion. Yes the first time you pay for all expansions and it is worth it, but after that it is 40 dollars for one unless you take a break for a very long time it is not worth the money.

I am just hopeful that if there is a t3, that they won't bork up the shard of the landing aug that is based off progression. They pretty much have 3 options there. They can not touch it when t3 comes out, nerf it when it t3 comes out, or make it so that it gets better after doing t3 stuff.
  14. Siddar Augur

That wont work EQ expansions are built around 90+% of subscribers buying all expansions as there released.

There can be no room for the choice opting out by a large percentage of subscribers.
  15. Mystia New Member

The big picture is there is alot of unfinished content still in game currently, Jaggedpine still has new NPCs up, that have no current quests. Now we have 3 portals almost complete in Shards Landing. Even if and when they are completed, does not mean they will be active. Also, feb 27 is 18 days ( aprox. ) befor the release of Fableds (Anniversary) time, where usually there are new quests, and previous quests and raids become active. I also wanted to point out that in beta there was 1 zone that was not accessible not 3. ( that i know of )
    In my opinion what ever is going on, we will probly have to wait for it, it seems to build anticipation/ Frustration as i have been waiting ( obsessively) for 6 months on Jaggedpine.
    Also i presume that 1 portal is POM, 2 portal is SSRA, The last portal is still unknown to me.
    Just my 2 coppers worth, but something to think about..........
    The countdowns begin....lol
  16. Muji Augur

T3 seems to start in the zone Burned Woods.
  17. SpamFactory Augur

apparently this is part of the druid epic ornament quest that is yet to be released
  18. Samtan Lorekeeper

Mob cons do not = difficulty.
  19. Silv Augur

Innania you should know better than that. A significant number of end tier zones haven't been like that with con and I seriously hope they don't do that here- at least not for all of them.

I agree. Raising the mob con in T3 to all white, yellow, or red+ will result in further marginalization of some classes. No thank you. I would hope T3 will be more challenging but not solely by upping mob levels.

This really was a brilliant strategy... we are all being strung along with tons of speculation and absolutely no confirmation on anything. The level of anticipation is surely amusing.
  20. Mystia New Member

I dont think its apart of an ornament quest, there are other quest npcs down there that are not active, that could be related to Druid Epic Ornament quest, but http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5791 but this makes reference to another zone denying entry into the Unkempt Woods.