RoF Charm question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kurayami, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Kurayami Augur

More specifically, this is about the charms Idol of Fear/Rune of Fear, Pyrebeak's Scarred Eye/Blossoming Flower, or Trusty Length of Rope. Curious what it means by as you complete more quests/missions in RoF. Is this an LDoN kind of deal where you do the same easy mission repeatedly to power this up, or is it looking for unique quests/missions completed?

Been staring at it on the raid vendor for a bit now, wondering if anyone would be so kind as to shed light on what exactly makes this tick.
  2. Axxius Augur

These charms power up from the same data that registers your achievements, i.e. the more different quests, not more of the same. They will be at max power when you achieve Saviour for all T1 or T2 or both.

ETA: After the Charm of the Crystal Circle was revamped, it is better than all of those other charms, even the T2 ones. It's ridiculously easy to get, and it pretty much makes the rest of the group RoF charms pointless. Just get it and forget about the rest of them.
    Kurayami likes this.
  3. Kurayami Augur

Good to know, I'd be most of the way there on T1 really, already got EW 2 down which would definitely be the worst one there. Thank you for the reply Axxius.
  4. Agrippa Augur

I still have two missions to beat, but my Idol of Fear is much better than my Charm of the Crystal Circle. Currently, it's over 2500 hem and +9 most heroics. Maybe I didn't get the Charm of the Crystal Circle maxed, but it's only 2300 hem and +8 heroics.
  5. Axxius Augur

Hmm.. Lucy shows the same stats for Idol of Fear as for Tainted Loam that I was using on alts before Charm of the Crystal Circle got revamped and became better. I had Tainted Loam maxed by wearing all class armor. Are you sure the stats you are seeing don't include an aug such as Stone of the Landing inserted in your charm?
  6. Brudal Augur

The progression based charms will overcap its stats past 100%. Lucy, Raidloot and Magelo show the stats as 100% but can be up to 120% base stats if all progression is complete (mercenary/partisan/missions).
  7. Falos Augur

Master of RoF done with the exception of a few mission conquests (which dont impact stats anyway), and the Rune of Fear tier 2 charm unaugged gives:
    111 ac, 9 to all heroics (only 8 to useless heroic cha though), 2637 hp, 2643 mana, 2598 end, 24 heal amount, 20 spell damage, 36 clairvoyance. To put that in perspective, the charm of the crystal circle augged with a fully maxed out stone of the landing only gives roughly 2500 hem and other stuff. So yeah Rune of Fear is quite an upgrade.
  8. Chandrok Augur

The idea behind charms in RoF and going forward is that you can get better stats if you take the time to do all the available content. Otherwise, there are easier to max charms with lesser stats.
    Reht and Axxius like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

That is awesome! Thank you, Chandrok.

However, does that mean that the charm that maxes off T1 AND T2 content will have better stats than the one that only looks at T2?
  10. tnot Elder

Was also wondering this...
  11. Brudal Augur

I have only seen 2 charm effects for progression:

CHRMROFT1Progression - Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in Tier 1 Rain of Fear zones.

CHRMROFT2Progression - Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in all Rain of Fear zones.

The T2 progressions charms have higher base (100%) stats and overcap higher (120% to 114%) vs the T1 progression charms. I am not aware of any charms that only looks at T2 progression.