ROF and non-gold members?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sinderkad, Nov 25, 2012.

1. sinderkad Augur

Will non-gold members be able to equip the tier 1 items in ROF? or is the whole expansion prestige items. Im asking because i hear the progression is more closely akin to just having tier 3 and 4 only from previous expansions and i know in previous expansion above tier 2 is prestige.

on a side note, did they remove the SC item to increase your AA cap without a membership? =(

(i haven't been around for a while and was thinking of coming back)
    Thanks!
  2. Sebbina Augur

Sorry, i am gold so can't answer the question, but, you can log in F2P and check things out for your self. The AA limit is probably still in place, and about ROF items i would have questions as i wasn't in the Beta, and my understanding is that some items evolve as a character completes progression, so they may or may not become prestige, much more info will be available by about one to two weeks after release.
  3. Langya Augur

"As it is, we only really intend to offer beta testing for gold members. That said, NEXT beta I will have them watch the race class combos more carefully in case we change our minds. It is already too late for this beta." Adam "Ngreth" Bell Lead Designer, EverQuest Ngreth Thergn, Nov 15, 2012

This was from a thread in the beta forums regarding some silvers that got in to beta but pretty much could not do anything with it. Apparently they did not vet the beta apps to see who was gold or not gold well enough. Thus, there is no info. Educated guess is non-gold won't be able to do much. Unless you are a box, once you get to a lvl to be able to do anything in RoF, you should be gold. Otherwise you are definitely not getting anything close to your money's worth from what you spend on the expansion. FTP/silver is only good for catching up, not staying current.
  4. JERUS Augur

ftp/silver could make decent boxed characters at a cheaper cost. Unlock the class/race and get the expansions then boom you got a pocket Shaman/bard/etc. At least in bards case once you get rk1 you could be using defiant gear and still benefit the group even with <2k aa.

And btw, pretty sure you are not supposed to quote beta forums, it's open to talk about but pretty sure you're never allowed to quote. Not that it's really anything to worry about in this case. I do hope they allow more ftp/silver people in next beta and give them a taste of the full game in beta would be nice, would probably convince some that 15/mo isn't that bad =).
  5. Kirbane Augur

paying for the expac and 2 accounts isnt really all that much when you compare it to what else you spend your $$ on.
  6. Langya Augur

I took the liberty of assuming that NDA lift means that beta forums are no longer classified information, especially when it could help answer a question. Jerus, if you consider yourself an authority in these matters than feel free to quote the passage in the rules that I broke in order to better inform myself and others that are more hung up on following rules than I am. Nothing against you, but "Trust but Verify" is always good when someone tells you that rules got broken.

Another assumption was that the OP was referring to a main since it was implied he was a returnee and not someone looking to augment a box set up. The spirit of FTP was to get people going in the game again after an absence or for the first time, although reality has been that it is indeed more about cheapo bots for people who prefer their own company over that of others.

Truth be told that quote is the only reference on RoF as far as non-Gold accounts go. There is plenty left to guess but there are only 2 more days of speculation time anyway. Proceed at your own risk.
  7. Retro Elder

Why so much confusion? If the item has prestige on it, ftp cant use, if it doesn't they can. Everything was prestige when beta started, cant remember off hand if they changed it tho, hope so.
  8. Bernardv Journeyman

Tier 1 item are supposed to be attunable. They werent initially in the eta but this was (or supposed) to be fixed for release.

And unlockers for AA are still there.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Tier 1 basic items are NOT prestige. The augments continue to be prestige and some of the tier 1 chase items are prestige... but the more "basic" Tier 1 gear is NOT prestige, and thus can be used by non gold members.

Additionally as mentioned by Bernardv, these T1 items are atunable, and the AA unlockers are still available.