Roadblocks to class specific weapon?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CaptAmazing, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

So basically what this post is saying... One of the easiest and straight forward things in the game is hard.

I would like to point out the road block required to get the prayer shawl aug..
    All the tradeskills - we should get rid of this step.
  2. gcubed Augur

There is a difference. If everyone in your group wants the shawl aug, you don't have to throw the enchanter out of the group and replace him with a ranger to complete fletching. Everyone, including the enchanter can complete that without being replaced.
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Yes! Finally! More people share my belief!

Yea, for shawl aug you don't have to replace any enchanters. There's so much injustice in this game. Can you believe that for all of these missions mentioned you have to have a healer? What is that.

I have a warrior at very high level. He has a lot of AA. I also have 2 friends who are warriors. We like to play together. We play together every night. We also have warrior mercs. We can't beat all of these missions together. There's something wrong.

I have a series of ignorant daisy-chained ultimatums that if left un-implemented this game may as well pack its bags and leave. For EQ to function, one or more of these changes must occur:

• 6 warriors need to be able to beat every mission. That's my group of pals, and we shouldn't need anything more.
    • Warriors need their Flash of Anger disc lowered to 60 seconds so that a group of 6 can permanently flash.
    • Ageless Enmity needs to be lowered to 60 seconds, so that warriors can reliably chain-flash.
    • Either A.) Warriors need an ability to allow them to regen 60k hps per tick with no other class around, or B.) Warriors need warrior-only potions with greater heals and a shorter recast than all other potions available. After all, a lot of events have some pretty tricky AE's. Need to be able to survive. What sense would it make to kick one of my warrior friends for a healer?
    • Also, since it would be favoritism to require another class in these missions, warriors need a 96% rez, with no resurrection sickness. That would impede the ability for the group to move forward on a wipe. I should be able to beat all of these missions with my buddies.
    PLZ FIX EQ. Or I am going to pack up my toys and go home. Right meow. I'll check back tonight after me and my warrior buddies try to beat Heart of Fear 2: An End to Fear. (I might have some more changes required of the game afterwards)
    Yea, pretty stupid and ignorant. This game is diverse. This game is about meshing. This game is designed for cooperation and strategy.
    Go play solitaire and tell the cards how you feel about them not flipping over in order.
    BoomWalker likes this.
  4. CaptAmazing Augur

Sorry, but its expected that group missions and task should be done completely through by the same exact group that started it.

Not get to the end and be told sorry, but you need to replace two classes and come back. It would be the same as having a raid guild get to the last tier and be told sorry, but all your Melee DPS need to roll caster DPS to win.

It's just wrong. And I wish these angry, spiteful attacks would stop. What's next, you gonna ask me if I'm mad, bro?
  5. Biltene Kingslayer

One of the things that I've always found the most fun in this game is taking non-traditional tactics with missions and/or named or quests. Creating the challenge makes things fun. Since being a raid geared toon, I understand that group missions will be inherently easier for me, than a grouper. That being said, I think too many times people get locked in to thinking there is only one way to do things. If a mission tends to be easier for a caster group, it doesn't mean it's impossible to be done with a melee centric group, it just means you face different challenges. As far as making content where it is "required" to have a certain class ability (Usually this refers to chanters/bards and charming/mezzing), I don't think I've ever done a mission that couldn't be done without one of those classes, although, yes, they do make certain missions easier. If the devs didn't create content where an enchanter can make things easier for a group to do them, then no one would ever ask an enchanter along for the mission.

Anyone who groups with the same set of toons for absolutely every mission, is going to run into the situation where some missions are easy, some are difficult, and some will seem downright impossible. However, as I detailed above, if you don't have at least a tank, healer, and dpser, you aren't doing much, so I assume you have those 3 bases covered. If the other 3 in your group don't give you balance, or coverage of class abilities, I'm afraid that's a problem that SOE shouldn't have to solve. If you need ideas about strats, or suggestions, please post your standard group makeup (I remember you did once before, IIRC, but I couldn't find it)
  6. Biltene Kingslayer

You know, this thread was started roughly 3 weeks ago. Several people have given great advice as to how to approach these missions. Yet, we haven't heard one peep from you about that. You haven't posted anything to the effect of "Thanks for the tips, I'm going to give it a go."....or "Man, I tried what you said last night and it worked!" ...or "We did everything you said to do, but it still didn't work out for us, do you have any other ideas?"

You just keep coming back saying that these are too hard and they need to be changed so that whatever your group makeup is can do them, and somehow it's unfair because whatever your setup is doesn't work. So, what that tells me is that you would rather come to the boards and complain stuff is too hard rather than actually try to beat the events. If you're not going to play the game, why should we try to help you? Tell me what you usually roll with and I can try to help. If you're just going to complain, then there's nothing more I, or anyone else, can do for you and you might as well stop posting because your complaint is lodged.
    Genoane likes this.
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

I did thank those that offered advice. The rest of this is not pointed at any one person. But game design should be fair. As in you have everything you need to complete task all the way through. Not get blocked at the end.

People say UF was hard, yet I got everything done. These new raid mechanics do not belong in the group game,
  8. gcubed Augur

Why shouldn't they? According to you raiders they did it for your raid game
    to a point where 54 dead level 1 druids can complete them.

Look, the "official" reason this is happening is that the Dev's wanted us to experience the lore of an expansion. That is all find and dandy, spoon feed me the lore. It saves me time in researching it myself. But the way they are going about it detracts from my enjoyment of the game and I am not the only one who is getting frustrated with SOE's new approach. SOE has totally failed with there concept of have us groupers "experience the lore". While in the past, I would go out of my way to learn it, now I would be hard pressed to care less. Cazic Thule is dead? Tell someone that gives a rat's . Plane of Shadow corrupted by shards of his essence? Not my problem.

Yes, I did publish the makeup of my group. The suggestion from one of you experts? Shitcan the berserker and replace him with an enchanter. Now screwing over your friends for a win may seem like a perfectly reasonable solution to a raider, but there are some people that consider that to be an abomination. (Shocking I know, but it is the truth.)
  9. Biltene Kingslayer

That was a different thread, and I'm a different person. Again, you can sit here and rail against the missions all you like, I just don't think that's going to accomplish anything as far as RoF is concerned. It sounds like in the new expansion they are making the missions easier by tuning them around 2 toons and 2 mercs, so perhaps they will be more to your liking then. But as far as what's established, again, I've given you the blueprint for how to beat CH2. I assume you have at least one tank class, one healer class and a DPSer (in fact I know now that you have a zerker, and I believe, if memory serves, you play a shaman?...can't remember). If you don't have another toon that can tank in a pinch, or another toon that can heal, then yes, CH2 will be a bit difficult, I agree. But I would find it a little odd if your main group of friends consists of one tank, one healer and 4 dpsers that aren't pet classes, so I assume you have the makeup to do it. If you'd rather not post it here, please send me a PM. As someone who has led many many raids, I find one of my greatest joys in this game is coming up with a strategy that can work. If you are so inclined to send me a PM, please include with your group makeup your usual strat to try to win (assuming you attempt it every so often). Also include where it starts to break down, or what you end up having the most trouble with.

And I'm sorry, but even though I'm a raider, I don't screw over friends. I just have more of them to play with. I'm sorry that you've limited yourself to the one group of friends. I can understand, it's a fun exercise for you all to get together and do stuff as a team. And I can also understand that it's frustrating when you come up against something that you find insurmountable. I assume you all decided ahead of time on what to play, since it wouldn't make sense if you all picked paladin, so some thought must have been given as to balance, who will tank/heal/etc....but if you chose to ignore a significant amount of gameplay by not including a bard or enchanter in the mix, for instance, then those missions that are made easier by having those classes are going to be tougher for you, it's an opportunity cost. That being said, I think if you are fielding 6 live players you should be able to beat CH2 and I'd be more than happy to try to help you get it done in any way I can.
  10. BoomWalker Augur

I reread this thread and see nowhere that you or CaptAmazing listed current, typical group makeup. Did I miss it again?

A group makeup may help people suggest play style changes as much as member changes. Maybe the <insert class> isn't doing <insert action> in a manner that will be successful.
  11. BoomWalker Augur

People that complain the group missions are impossible to beat with a fixed group are inflexible. But worse...they discount anyone that can beat the missions with a fixed group if that group has raid gear as if that means the mission simply gives the chest loot on zone in.

This discussion was about asking for help on how to beat specific missions but the OP won't list the typical group makeup. Instead, it is now about how a specific set of group geared toons should be able to beat all missions. Well...list the group...explain why those missions are causing difficulty...see what feedback can be given... Even state that the group makeup will not change...but list why the missions are causing issues. What is happening in the mission that is stopping that specific makeup from beating the missions listed.

Without this information you get the OP saying "Thanks for the advice. But these should not be so restrictive. No group task should need two healers or two tanks. A chanter should not be required."

Not two tanks? What type of tank? BST? Monk? Necro pet? What is the group makeup...ask for help...but give details that will make the response helpful.

Refusing to list the group makeup and simply saying the missions are impossible loses credibility.
  12. BoomWalker Augur

So it isn't about your group being able to beat the missions at all...it is about you getting them all done...that makes it clearer. Maybe see if those raiders would help with the other missions you need...and be done with them. Forget the rest of your group.

As for getting a group together...makes me think of Jeff Butler's comment about one player leaving one guild and the guild falls apart...LOL. Seriously, in game mail...friends lists...communications.

Even in my situation...not all people are on at the same time so we have to communicate when we will do a mission that needs us all. It isn't like people pop on when one person starts thinking about running a mission...it takes a little coordination...even with "raiders" that are doing the group missions.

The only difference is that in a guild...or someone with a friends list...it is a lot easier to reach out to people to make a group. It isn't the exact same group each time...but then again...those that have exact groups each time usually have similar play times...other wise how would they make a group that is fixed and inflexible?

Do you have a regular group that is a fixed and inflexible makeup mix that you are having issues beating those missions? Or are you a single toon with no guild or friends list that is making PUGs trying to beat missions without having ever played together?
  13. gcubed Augur

I didn't list my group in this thread. But I am not asking for help either with CH2 or any other mission.
    BoomWalker likes this.
  14. gcubed Augur

First off, I am a ranger. The shaman in our group is another player. We do have a tank, a warrior. We have one pet class, a mage, We have a cleric. The zerker you already know about. And no, I can't tank in a pinch after my disc is down, the mage pet does that (which will kill the zerker and I if we don't back out soon enough).

I never claimed we had a problem with CH2. Most of the missions are easy, some are difficult and a few impossible for our group. Take another group makup the same will hold true for them, the only difference will be which missions are easy, difficult and impossible.

I don't want the Devs to change anything in RoF. I don't even want them thinking about changing anything. What I want, is for them to NOT do what they did in VoA and RoF. Two expansions in a row is enough.

{Edit}
    If what you say about the missions in the next expansion is true, then the pendulum has swung again (it ALWAYS swings too far).
  15. BoomWalker Augur

Not sure people are saying you are the OP or that you are having problems with CH2. You just replied that some missions are impossible for your group. You say it in this post.

Agree with the pendulum point...balancing is a tough thing.

Now...on to your group and which missions are impossible. Serious discussion...which are impossible for your group today? Can you explain what mechanic is causing the issue? This isn't directly related to the OP but since you bring it up...curious which missions are causing what problems.

Perhaps some of us can offer ideas other than replacing a player.
  16. gcubed Augur

A serious answer for a serious response.

No need for suggestions, we are past the point of caring. After two effing years of this crap we have just scratched missions off our todo list. Some of the missions we had problems with (EW2, Grelleth 2, Evantil 2), have been modified so we probably can do them now, we are just no longer interested so we haven't tried.

Now understand something about my group. We finished off SoF in Crystalos. We got into Korafax before SOE revamped the group weapons. In Underfoot, we may or may not have been the first group to zone into Convorteum, but if we weren't we were way ahead of whomever zoned in third (and this includes raider groups). Since TSS we have always finished off an expansion max level, max AA's and max group gear.

In VoA we started to slam into brick walls. We should have known when we hit EW2 that this xpac was just VoA2. But we had to try a few more to really learn our lesson. Right now, we really don't care about the missions. They offer us only frustration and nothing else. The carrot SOE has offered for completing these missions (T4 class specific weapons) isn't big enough or juicy enough for us to start caring again. (To be honest, these weapons offer so little over the generic weapons, I can't understand the OP's fascination with them.)
  17. BoomWalker Augur

Fair enough...your group doesn't want to do the missions anymore.

EW2 is indeed challenging. GP2 was a major undertaking before the nerf...now it is easily boxed with 2 toons and 2 mercs. Evantil 2...well the last part with the ants can be a bit of a problem for sure.

Sounds like your group is very capable. VoA has/had some missions that are indeed difficult...RO was one that proved difficult for many...and the end mission in Sep...very tough. SOE seemed to recognize those were a bit out of balance. Don't remember if they nerfed them or not...

Sad that your group has largely given up on missions...but if that is where your group is...it is your choice.

My group enjoys those challenges...but it is understandable if someone else wants to skip them.
  18. Nenton Augur

HoT missions were awesome. They were mostly quick, rarely tedious and gave great experience (originally).

Then the first mission in VoA has you flying around in a terribly awkward/jerky fashion shooting/casting at mobs from a hovercraft. Should have known we were in for bad things after that and that wasn't even one of the story missions. Not that Argath #1 was hard but it was definitely stupid. Haven't gone back to attempt Rubak since whirlpool nerf and never even bothered with RT zone progression at all because I had no intention of trying to box that ridiculous book passing in Two Sides.

I simply had to give up on a lot of the missions with my main crew because boxing was out. On a different set of characters on a different [populated] server with a friend we're down to 2 missions (which we haven't tried yet) for RoF completion but used pet tanking and/or raid geared people for winning most of the hard ones. It feels really cheap doing it that way compared to self sufficiency or winning with only group gear but I've had to come to grips with the fact that my main characters on the other server won't be getting their paragon augs or class weapons. And no level increase next expansion to give us a mission backfilling edge. Yay...
  19. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I always have the same group myself and another wizard with our 2 mercs. We do most of group missions together sometimes we add stragglers depending on who is around and if we need a pc tank. I hate having to swap my merc for a real healer on some fights. She works so hard most of the time and doesn't deserve to be benched because of her incapabilities.