RK. III spells?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Jackofall, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Jackofall Journeyman

I have returned after a long hiatus and saw that some of my Enchanters spells (71-75) were Rk. II. They are both drop and research.

I have so far failed to read up on how to get Rk III spells. Anyone of you sages know anything about that?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. Drewie Augur

You can also get a few level 80 Rk. III spells from Alissa Saint Claire in Dragonscale Hills by maxing your Ladies of the Light faction with group tasks.
  4. Scorrpio Augur

I would not sweat it. Since 71, pretty much each spell is available in regular (vendor bought), Rk II (drop/group quest/research) tradable, and RkIII (raid drop turn-in) no-trade. The difference is fairly minor - i.e. RkII nukes do 7.5% more damage than regular and RkIII are 7.5% more than II. Rk II/III mezzes either have slightly higher memblur chance or cast at slightly higher resist adjust. It always makes sense to check bazaar for RkII as sometimes they can be found cheaper than vendor versions. Research option is definitely nice since raw papers are a fairly common drop. A lvl 100 spell vendor version is 1250p and research attempt at same RkII costs me about 800p. At 355 (with trophy) research, I am about 9/10 on final combines which have trivials around 450.

Reality is, you typically outlevel your spells so quickly that it is just not worth the effort going after higher rank versions. Exceptions exist for spells which are last in their line. I.e. lvl 76 Learners Aura RkIII is well worth getting.
  5. svann Augur

There are some RK3 spells that are unlocked by doing Showdown at the Crystal Core, and I know for bard/wiz they are spells that do not get upgraded at later levels so are somewhat important (wiz moreso). IDK about enchanter. Looks like they get mana reiterate rk3. If that one is important to you then you will need to do that raid. Probably soloable at 105, though IIRC you may need to actually have 6 in zone for this one unlike other raids.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Nah, not worth it. Lvl 83 mana reiterate III is completely outclassed by lvl 88 mana reiteration I. Which in turn is obsoleted by versions you get at 93, 98 and 103.
  7. Jackofall Journeyman

Thanks for the feedback.

I get some Rk II-spells dropped by mobs in Dragonscale. I will keep on slugging XP and not worry.
  8. Phrovo1 Augur

only time you're going to want an rk3 is for a line that hasn't been upgraded for a while (quite common for melee, can't think of any off the top of my head besides Twincast for casters)
  9. Lilyothe New Member

Actually, enchanter aura Learner's Aura rkIII is worth it. 9% xp potion basically. As far as I have found, there is not an upgrade to the line.
    Zinth likes this.