Rk II pet spells?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Rayzen Elder

Can someone explain the difference in the ranks to me please. "Thank you" in advance:)
  2. Lianeb Augur

There are no rank pet spells that I know of unless this is a new thing. But I don’t play a pet class so there is that. I guess there might be swarm pet rank in which case I dunno the difference
  3. Raytan Augur

I believe Lianeb is correct for the main pet classes ... Mag/Nec/Bst. Their pets get stronger with focus effects, not the rank of spell. I believe some Enchanter animations do have ranks, for better animations, but as a rule, their animations are much weaker than a pet class. This may also be true for Shaman and Shadow Knights, but not sure how that.
  4. Rayzen Elder

Yes, I was talking about Shaman, and Enchanter's. I know I don't have ranked pets as a necro, and neither does my Mage. However I noticed my Shammy, and chanter do, and I cannot tell any difference in the ranks.
  5. smash Augur

There proc, haste, and such things.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

AC, HP, Damage out put is what Shaman pets did more I think going from RK 1 to Rk2 to Rk3
  7. Rayzen Elder

I just got the rk2 pet spells for my enchanter and Shaman to actually try them out myself. Surprisingly the rk 2 enchanter pet is level 110,lol. By that I mean it cons evenly to my level 110 toons, and yellow to my 109 chanter now. My shaman pet however is still a meager little light Blue con /sad face. I was hoping rk2 would at least boost his level up to 105 darn it. But anyways....why can't my Mage and Necro pets be level 110?lol Wouldn't you think that actual "pet classes" would respectively have higher level pets.
  8. Belkar_OotS Augur

I'm surprised more knowledgeable people haven't chimed in yet.

The level of the pets you summon can vary within a range. This is more obvious for people who get their pets at lower levels IE a 107 mage summoning a pet can see blue, white and yellow cons. Other than usual level variance versus mobs it is generally a small difference. They are also affected by pet focuses. The ranked pets just get better stats from wearing better gear as I recall.

I haven't kept myself up on the ins and outs of pets since they get nerfed and changed so often that old facts (assuming my memory is also correct which it may not be lol) often are not true anymore.
  9. Gialana Augur

This was true in the earlier years of EQ. I remember killing and resummoning pets until I got the highest level pet I could (that was around level 4 on a necro that I tried this). However, it was changed a long time ago that the pet summoning spells always summon the maximum level of pet possible for that spell. Things like focus items can increase the level of the summoned pet, though.

I'm not positive, but I think focus items only affect BST, MAG, and NEC pets, even if the item is equippable by another class (which is rare).
    Sancus likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

To be specific, no gear a shaman/enchanter/sk/druid (go booboo!) wears will affect their pet whatsoever.
    However, you can give gear to your pet to improve it. The gear will of course be lost when (not if) the pet dies.

I think it was a nice change upping the lvl of non-focusable pets (I know chanter and SK Are both 110).
  11. Gnomeland Augur

I think it was actually an insult to necromancers that shadow knights get higher level pets than them, but who still plays necromancers am I right?
  12. Captain Video Augur

To cast Rk II spells, your pet must be a subscriber.
    fransisco, Treeluvr and Wulfhere like this.