[Rizlona] Why am I starting at Gloomingdeep?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by fernandorees, Jan 16, 2022.

1. fernandorees New Member

Simple question for a returning player: I understand that Rizlona server is currently at Omens of War expansion. At this stage we no longer start in different cities anymore? I thought Gloomingdeep came in later expansions only.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Not sure the specifics but on the charicter select screen there is a checkbox for the tutorial which is defaulted to on. Turn if off to not use glooming deep. You might also have an Origin AA. Bring up the AA window by pressing V.
    fernandorees likes this.
  3. fernandorees New Member

Thanks a lot. Will check that!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Last I heard Tutorial is available once GOD unlocks on TLP. GOD is right before OOW

Not sure what is going on with your starting city. If you are a paid account you always have the choice of a starting city. But you have to chose so at the character creation screen.

It is only F2P and sometimes Silver that get assigned Cresent Reach. That came out when F2P did so it would be odd to have a F2P restriction in a paid TLP server.

On the character creation screen on those account it defaults to Cresent Reach and there is no arrow to drop down and pick different.
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

The Mines of Gloomingdeep tutorial is part of The Serpent's Spine expansion I think as the zone is connected to Crescent Reach on live servers. First comments on ZAM had been made during the Prophecy of Ro expansion phase tho. It was not available during GoD or OoW anno 2004. TLP is just fake.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

it was added May 27, 2004, during GoD - shortly before OoW dropped. Here is one of the first walk thrus from July of that year.
    https://www.graffes.com/forums/showthread.php?19253-Mines-of-Gloomingdeep-lt-pseudo-writeup-gt

It was revamped soon after in 2005.

The Devs link it to GOD for TLP since it was a mid year release and was closer to GOD than OOW. See this patch dated Aug 2017 -

*** Progression Servers ***
    - The tutorial will now unlock when Gates of Discord unlocks.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ate-notes-august-16-2017.243261/#post-3574815

Our latest version of Mines of Gloomingdeep was revised for the launch of Free To Play. There was also a graphic update done quite a few years ago that changed the scenery tremendously.