rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinastorm86 Augur

Well, uh, noobie 6 boxer here planning to go to Riz. I have no intention of trying to compete with the tryhards at the big camps. They will have things I want to buy.

You act like anyone 6 boxing can just show up in any camp and get what they want. They also have to demean themselves in the hunger games over the big camps, as well.
  2. Nachti_83 New Member

So how have the two servers evolved?
  3. Lejaun Augur

Both servers have evolved to claiming they are the best one that will last the longest with the healthiest population. Rizlona claims they will last longer because bots are allowed. Aradune claims they will last longer because there are more people at the keyboard and fewer bots.

Both, as far as I know, still boast very healthy populations and are about to enter Luclin in a few weeks. Luclin and key camps means we will soon be flooded with stories about the terrible behavior of people trying to get key drop pieces.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

Funny thing is people complain, but don't stick around for the expansions that dealt with this crap first hand.
    code-zero and Genoane like this.
  5. Oscig Elder

I can finally start playing because Vah Shir are available. Hooray!
  6. Febb Augur

It's funny, they keep coming back hoping that they will fix the design issues in the early expansions and they are basically given crumbs for fixes about every other round of TLP's. "But but, this year it will be different, this server will contain fixes to <insert terribly designed quests that don't work for heavily populated servers> so I can get my crack TLP fix!"
  7. Lejaun Augur

Ha ha....congratulations. Why not just race change and play from the start of server?
  8. Fluid Augur

An imperfect measure is https://www.daybreakgames.com/status/
    By imperfect I mean it just measures accounts logged in. You would expect Rizlona to be higher since people are playing multiple accounts/boxing. It doesn't account for RMT people illegally boxing 40 accounts on Aradune since it sees them as 40 individuals.

That being said, the only thing that matters in a DB sense is profit. I just checked the server load this morning and Aradune was rated medium while Rizlona was rated high. There's other factors like how much attention/overhead a server generates. There are people that have multiple accounts that just play them one at a time on Aradune, me for instance, so DB gets the same revenue in spite of the rule set. It's a faulty system to judge but the best clue available.
  9. EQTLP New Member

Eqresource shows a bit more info than Daybreaks status. I am sure it gets the status from there, but it also shows history you can look at.

https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php

It shows of the two servers Rizalona has more active accounts normally, Oddly enough Mangler shows more active than those two.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

You also have to take into account that Aradune still has on the code that kicks you after you are /afk for so long
  11. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

A year from now both Aradune and Rizlona will have multiple guilds that raid on a weekly basis.

At that point Aradune will have an equal amount of actual players as Rizlona seeing as how the hordes on Aradune will re-roll to the fresh TLP servers while Rizlona roughly maintains a majority of their current population. However the difference will be you will be restricted via truebox on Aradune and without the massive population it will be difficult to accomplish tasks; whereas on Rizlona you'll have the freedom to box in any manner you see fit.

If you were wanting to play on Rizlona or Aradune a year from now which server would you pick considering the above?

I do play on Rizlona myself. Love it. Since launch its been great. I'll never re-roll on any new TLPs due to my significant investment here on Rizlona. I look forward to all the content ahead of us.

TLDR;

Rizlona Land of the Free
    Aradune Bureaucratic with systematic controls.
    Foaming likes this.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Nah it shows that both servers are at "high" most of the time. High isn't that many people if you actually log onto the servers in prime time you'll see the difference.

It's easy to explain why at 2-4am in the morning Aradune drops to mid population for a longer time then Rizlona. Bots don't sleep.
  13. Oscig Elder

Strange, do the bots on Aradune sleep?
    people who think it doesn't have widespread botting are funny, it's where all the krono resellers are.

Having a box and a ""truebox"" server just means the people who box "legitimately"(whatever you want to call it) are going to go to the actual box server, and those who are doing very shady things will continue being shady except on the server where they profit the most.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

The guy is the resident TLP anti-box troll. He’s not even playing the game lately. He even admits it in a previous post.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No there is just a lot less of them. Do you think Aradune having twice as many players on during prime time but less during the middle of the night means otherwise?
  16. Oscig Elder

Since you have access to Darkpaw data that the rest of us don't, can you tell us any information about the next expansion?
    Also, the updated TLP ZEMs while you're at it.
  17. Sythrak20 Elder

This didn't age well.
    Thewiz, Foaming, Kobra and 1 other person like this.
  18. Sythrak20 Elder

This also didn't age well.
    Kobra, RaynTheLion and Fluid like this.
  19. Silver-Crow Augur

Simple answer is both servers are doing well and cater for a different audience.

Rizlona is essentially a live server ruleset (no truebox), but with the perks of a TLP (AOC's and the like).
    Short term it will probably have more boxes than players, but longer term the population will stabilise since truebox isn't an issue. RMT isn't an issue any more here than it is on live.

Aradune has more players than boxes, and has a very old school feel. Most players i've met hate boxing, and will help each other out rather than chase krono. Even in pugs if someone needs an item they can and will use, most are happy for that spell or item just to be handed to the person as it's a real person not a box. Without the pressure to gear boxes, everyone is much more civilised. Cash items such as gems and tradeskill items are still need on all which is fair enough.. For boxing, yes there are people taking the proverbial, but on a much lesser scale than i've seen elsewhere. They do also get removed... e.g. Sirens grotto was mysteriously empty last night. Will see how it lasts :).

I see the population hanging about due to the helpful community. yes some will jump as they always do, but this is the first tlp i've played since phinny where krono wasn't king.

If they skip the usual 27 new tlp's this year both servers will go far due to the time invested and community bonds.

This is what got Phinny to where it is now.... The extra year it had to build friendhsips before coirnav landed. Agnarr was always going to be niche, so there wasn't the usual exodus.
  20. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

LMAO! Do you still stand by those words WaitingForMoreEQ?

What's hilarious about this, whenever someone asks on the forums, 'Hello, should I start playing on either Rizlona or Aradune?'

There is ALWAYS someone from Aradune who claims something along the lines of, 'If Rizlona were so great there wouldn't be all these players from Rizlona trying to convince you to play there.'

Nevertheless, look at how dramatic these Aradunians are as they fearmonger and exaggerate certain aspects of Rizlona to frighten new players away.

With the initial surge of launch being over, those of us who lived it and experienced it can confidently say the RMTing was significantly worse on Aradune than on Rizlona. I essentially farmed whatever I wanted and got anything item I desired in classic without any radical circumstances preventing me otherwise.

Heck, I've had players on Rizlona kill epic quest mobs and give me the loot for FREE on multiple occasions. Likewise, I've done the same for others.

At the end of the day, I don't care what server anybody joins as I'm already apart of a community on Rizlona that is capable of doing anything I want. It would be nice if the disinformation on these forums ended however.
    Thewiz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.