rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark Augur

having played on at least one of the new tlp every year i have noticed that 1 server at launch cant support all the players, the first day theres an issue with loging in normally,one server will be more popular then the other,aradune you can box 2 max and i assume there will be more rmt on it,while rizlona will be more boxers friendly and less toxic because if you want an item,you can pop an instance and go and get it,single players in guilds will have an easier time getting stuff done as boxer will help then get their epics to improve the guild,if you have friends or family members that play eq rizlona his better for you more fredom and easier to get upgrades and less botters.
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I agree. Rizlona will be the better server long term.
    Vicus and Jontrann like this.
  3. Protagonist Tank

Do you want to play EQ or EQ: Single Player Adventures?

If the former, Aradune. If the later, may as well go to FV to start with.
  4. Machen New Member

I've spent the majority of my time on the TLP's on box friendly servers, Fippy and Ragefire, and almost none of my time on those servers passed without contact with other players in my guild, in our voice chats, in our raids, etc.

It just isn't necessarily what you're making it out to be. Some might play that way, but most do not, even though they could.
    Vicus likes this.
  5. Pawtato Augur

I think Aradune is going to immensely popular, but it's going to have significant drama. Also, I think the Aradune crowd will be more likely to migrate to the next TLP. Rizlona will have the better community. Contrary to popular opinion, boxers actually like people we just like to maximize our time.
    Thalliius, Jontrann and Machen like this.
  6. Machen New Member

Agree with this. Rizlona will have the higher population in 2022 onward.
    Thalliius and Vicus like this.
  7. Kanuvan Elder

the community on box servers is fake, what you see are boxes not real people or just afk players waiting for raid, aradune might be the first and only server to have a real community on eq retail, i might even go as far as saying 50% the community of project 99 which is great for retail

the real community who only play for social interaction will be on aradune, people who want to solo farm even when the TLP dies and dont care about grouping/raiding will be on rizlona
  8. Machen New Member

Lol.

If that were remotely true, this game would have ceased to exist 20 years ago.
  9. Kanuvan Elder

retail eq, not vanilla eq1.

vanilla eq1 is very seperate from what we have now, like its not even the same game
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Rizlona will be more crowded launch day. But people will get a taste of what playing on "boxer friendly" server is all about since apparently most of them forgot. Rizlona will have levels of RMT beyond any previous TLP. By the time Kunark launches the entire server will be dead.

Aradune is much harder to predict because it really comes down to how well of a job the GMs do at enforcing the rules. If the succeed the server will have the healthiest community and most highly populated TLP since Phinny. If they fail it could potential be a bigger flop then any TLP not named Miragul.
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

I think people on Rizlona are gonna end up abusing picks. I could easily see someone running 20-40 accounts keeping picks up for themselves holding down all the money camps in that pick. Which may end up causing a lot of lag.
  12. Thewiz Augur

Fixed that for you.
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

Yeah I do feel like Aradune will be abused by RMTers and people boxing more than 2 per person, whether or not they claim there's more than one person or not. Not sure how much faith I have with it actually being policed. Plus if the GM is just a single GM in a single 8 hour shift every day, there's 16 other hours of the day to abuse the rules. We just don't know how things are going to play out.
    Pawtato and Ragnoruk like this.
  14. Pawtato Augur

100% the forums are going to implode on Aradune launch day. It's going to be beautiful, the sheer amount of complaints. There's an expectation of rule enforcement and that's just going to be gas on the fire.
  15. Ecko Elder

I can see if that happens a lot (as in a lot of people doing it) it might affect the pick thresholds (if they can be set per server that is) but honestly I don't think it will be a lot of people, as I just don't think the market will be there, you could do most camps in classic with 3 or so chars i'd say so it'd depend on if there will be enough box armies to take down raid targets with the sole purpose of selling the loot, rather than keeping it for their own box armies. Even then I don't see the market being there to be sustainable as is there that much raid loot in classic that would be worth it, really?

I think Rizlona is gong to be a lot less toxic than people perceive, but will find out in a 3 weeks or so I guess!
  16. Jontrann Augur

100% Agree

Aradune will have the "fresh" crowd that tlp hops to every new server and Rizona will have more long term staying power.
  17. Ragnoruk Augur

I agree. As much as I want this to work, I am having doubts that they will be able to overcome this challenge this way. I suspect the server will lose players much faster than previous servers this time around if it's noticeably failing too. Many people are tired of this RMT garbage.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  18. Pawtato Augur

I think there’s a 0% chance that they hire enough GMs to manage 24/7 coverage. Whoever is the GM is going to get burnt out so quick.
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

Which is exactly my fear, I want to have hope that things will be controlled on this server but I won't hold my breath. I'll still roll there of course, but I'm not abandoning my chars on mangler either.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

With all due respect KimchiGoddess, but don't you think this is counter productive? You're still going to roll a character on Aradune, but you have virtually no hope of the key selling point of the server. May I ask, why even bother and just stay on Mangler from the start?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.