RIP Spell market

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Machen New Member

That may be what they are listed on bazaar, but is anyone buying at those prices?
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Maybe from those that bought a bunch in barter trying to sell them?
  3. arwilly Lorekeeper

It's not the end of the world. People who were on got their level 61-64 spells. Those who weren't on get to pay much less for their spells now. The /barter re-sellers got screwed, but I don't really feel sorry for them.

They shouldn't punish people for buying the spells. Nothing 65+ was on the NPCs and a lot of folks weren't sure if this was another screw up or intended. The NPCs were up for over an hour and a half before we saw an official post.
  4. Old Man Elder

TLDR: What can Ragefire expect all this to mean when our PoP expac opens?
  5. Machen New Member

Expect? You should not expect anything from these clowns.
    Ckador likes this.
  6. Tepin Journeyman

They should just let the vendors be in game as they were for those few hours and let the specs and ethereals go by the way side. The glyphed runes still have value.

Level the playing field and put them back IMO.
  7. taliefer Augur

they knowingly let people hit 65 minutes after PoP launched and you think they are going to "level the playing field" over a few spells that are still obtainable?
  8. Catashe Augur

ok maybe i should have said MOST spells? But just looking at most classes.. most spells are in the 5k range still which is robbery if they selling a spell that costed 150pp on a vendor for X hours til they fixed it... Most likely people just bought a lot of ONE spell for ONE class and the price dive bombed but most spells are still in the 5k range for the useful class spells...
  9. Semah Augur

Hm. Guess I should continue not using barter. Good to know. :(
    Chubba bubba likes this.
  10. Chubba bubba Journeyman

I know someone who made nearly 1 million Plat off of this and he's bragging about making most of it being one of the first to run to bazaar and milk the barters... can we put the merchants back in yet?
  11. Zanados Lorekeeper

Does not surprise me at all. This is just like the Poisons debacle- Those who got their first and bought a ton of them got to make insane profits, while everyone who is not on during the middle of the day when these usually muck up just get to shake their heads.
  12. Raytheon Augur

Barter is still really useful when trying to do things like accumulate tradeskill mats, etc... Those types of uses don't have much risk. Using barter to fuel a flipping game is much more risky as flipping is very sensitive to price volatility and supply/demand, as the PoP spell bartering flippers learned the hard way.
  13. Illusory Augur

I know someone who bought a ton of spells and made zero return... He's upset and complaining that he didn't get a chance to 'milk the barters...' So that this doesn't happen again, can we please leave the merchants out?
  14. Draekon Elder

If you bought spells and didnt make a return on them then you waited too long or you didnt keep up with undercutting, or you just bought the wrong damn spells.
  15. Illusory Augur

Sorry, this didn't really happen to anyone that I know! It was a bad attempt at being facetious.
  16. bodes Augur

POP opens when, May 17? Whatever POP issues you do have better get attention to them before the new TLP opens in summer. Once that's open their time spent looking at Ragefire petitions will drop to nothing.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I saw people selling Swift Like the Wind in the bazaar for 1500-2000 pp. I hope they get burned because they were stupid enough to add SLtW to the spells they bought to exploit. It's probably a drop in the bucket compared to their profits but it did make me chuckle.
  18. Machen New Member

I'm sure there will be people who will buy it... Never underestimate the ignorance of some players.
  19. Jenarie Elder

It sucks that this happened but quite honestly I think it may turn out good for the server overall. Spell prices have dropped...those who didn't get to buy spells from the vendor can now buy them on the bazaar for under half the price they were before because demand is down.

I had all my spells on my main before this happened but now my alt will have spells that I never would have bought her before.

Granted, it would have been better if it hadn't happened but make the lemonade. This isn't a big deal.
    Funktions likes this.
  20. Tudadar Augur

Looks like whats done is done. With no word at all if this happens again I'll for sure buy them. In the future everyone is going to be pissed if there are punishments since they pretty much just said its ok to buy vendor spells that shouldnt be in game.