RIP Spell market

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Ethereal Augur

Thanks for beta testing this Phini players!
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  2. Derpfest Journeyman

you appear to be offended by the free market
  3. Machen New Member

They lost, and very CLEARLY lost, because if they had been online at the exact moment that this EXPLOIT was introduced, they could have turned off barter and saved themselves hundreds of thousands of plat by walking over to POK and buying all the spells they had on barter for 5k, for 130p each. Anyone who doesn't understand this simple fact has no clue how the Everquest economy works.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

Cannot like this enough. One of many, MANY egregrious failures. I should not have let their unbundling of Gates overcloud the rest of this mess.
    Ckador and Warrior007 like this.
  5. Zinth Augur

all the imbue spells are in too for enchanters mages and so on (imbue valor, imbue fire yada yada) they WERE already ingame but you needed to CREATE them with drops from their respective zones, putting them up for sale like that is a huge mistake :-/
  6. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

so AoE rez is intentionally being added in multiple years early, but Knights having Deflection discipline before Seeds of Destruction is bad. got it.
  7. Valura New Member

so is anything going to be done?
  8. C3lowz Augur

Yup! Removal of the Spell Vendor with the spells.

Some may look at this as "Unfair" or what not, but what do you want them to do? Remove spells from players books that they're just going to get eventually? Or do a massive 24+ hour roll back?

There is nothing wrong with this honestly. Some "some" people got all of there 61-64 spells (There were no 65 spells on the vendor) all in one go. And others had to either spend a lot more PP, or got them with parchments. And spells are now taking a massive dive in price. Every Mage spell I see a massive price drop, 63 Fire pet for instance was 15-20kish since PoP launch, now its hovering around the 5k marker. And there are many other spells with a huge price drop. So if you were not lucky enough to get the initial spell vendor access, at least they're a hell of a lot more affordable.

The only thing I feel sorry for are those who were in /barter buying spells to resell for a profit, but honestly if they had that much plat to just blow on spells to resell, they'll likely get it back easily. And I doubt they putt all of their plat towards barter spells. Likely only lost a small percentage of their actual plat total.

This was a hiccup on DBG's part, but really its not the end of the world. So what, others got the spells before others. If the gods are in your favor you can get all your 61-65 spells in a single day by normal gameplay, if you're extremely greedy.
    Taladir likes this.
  9. Muph New Member

Could you not pay someone do the job you're getting paid to do?

Is this a serious question? Do the people working at Daybreak not have access to google?!
    Ckador likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

They ask people this question because a) they are posting about it so they already have an idea which spells are out of era and b) it saves them the time to go and figure it out, leaving them the time to fix the problem quickly.
  11. Nolrog Augur

How do you tell if a spell is one that someone purchased via vendor or got via EP/SP turn in? And as far as I know, they cannot remove things from the spell book the way they can from the inventory.

A massive 24+ hour roll back would make things much worse than they are now.

Taking the spells off the vendors on the one hand hurts people who couldn't get on in time o buy them but on the other hand, since many people bought the spells, prices will go way down for people who still need them.

I'm not sure there is a good solution. They all suck in some way.
  12. Astley Augur

How many of those using barter actually were trying to buy the spells for themselves instead of flipping it though?

Those people didn't lose out if they were offline, because they got a spell they otherwise would have missed by not being online.

In the end... the plat lost on barter system is nothing really. People who lost on barter will still be able to make some money back selling spells to a lot of the people who didn't make it in on time to take advantage. Prices will start to go back up and recover somewhat.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  13. Illusory Augur

As long as folks don't flood the bazaar with spells, spell prices will rise again.
  14. Ckador Augur

Yeah. I thought maybe I'd return if they reversed that decision, but began to think otherwise after watching failure after failure with these people. Probably just best to wait it out for Pantheon, because time and time again its been shown that these dudes are just incompetent.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Maybe but I doubt it. Supply and demand is pretty simple. As the expansion goes on, demand must necessarily drop. Supply will increase or stay the same. Prices will reach 100-1000 pp for all spells in another 3-4 weeks.
  16. C3lowz Augur

Looks like the Vendors are back, but with only the spells that were missing in the game.

At this point it looks like they're letting those who got to it first to keep the spells. But as I mentioned already, spells as it is took a massive dive in price. So if you were not among the lucky few, at least they're more affordable for you now.

Personally I would buy them asap, there is no telling if the Spell Market will stable and price on spells will jump back to stupid levels, but as it stands now, they're very much affordable thanks to the oversight.
  17. AgentOfRage New Member

Wrong. I don't think you realize how many spell scrolls were purchased in the small window of opportunity. Stacks and stacks and stacks. The title of this thread is correct. RIP Spell Market.
  18. Catashe Augur

and yet spells are currently selling for almost what they were before they made the mistake.. MAYBE alittle more reasonable but most spells are still on the bazaar for 5k for important 61-64 spells like they were before the mistake
  19. Tudadar Augur

People are probably just holding onto them until they find out what comes of it. With all DBGs flip of a coin judgements on exploits the people that bought stacks and stacks ( or more then 1 of each ) are probably paranoid of a ban.

A year ago on LJ / RF when POK was opened and people mass bought the pok spells it lead to rollbacks and 2+ weeks of devs helping reimburse missing items. People were threatened with consequences if they didnt get rid of them. With people getting banned for claim abuse, holly coming here to talk about consequences in the future for mass corpsing, them costing people/guild banks 10-hundreds of krono taking out all lvl 61 tomes, and disabling combines for 61-64 spells for 3 plus expansions I would say there is a lot more risk to taking advantage of things like this for profit. I dont think people care too much about the people that bought one of each of their spells and memmed it. Its the people that dropped hundreds of thousands of pp or even tens of thousands to profit dozens to hundreds of kronos.

With easy access to pure platinum from mass people buying kronos in /buyer mode and people having tons of krono its very easy to see this abused to the extreme.

In the end I could see them banning the worst abusers of this and letting everyone else keep their memmed spells but they need to come out and say something.
  20. Draekon Elder

Yep level 64 enchanter charm going from 15k to 1k in a day, nothing to see here folks. Spell prices have certainly dropped, people are aggressively undercutting each other until the spell is selling for 1k. Maybe it's a quanity of 1 so its bought before you see but they're cheap. So people who missed out will just have to pay 1k instead of 150.