RIP Spell market

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Lol. Don't get me started. It's a drop in the bucket.
    Ckador and Machen like this.
  2. Tudadar Augur

You guys gonna unnerf 61-64 spell research now? I find it really hard to believe, since it happens on every server, that you will be able to prevent 61-64 spells from being bought off merchants.
  3. Gerhard New Member

Gotta roll it back guys, what 6-7 hours since the patch? Get it done and quit wasting time discussing it!
  4. AgentOfRage New Member

this is easily the most unfair bug that has been introduced into Phinigel. there are people who bought multiple stacks of every parchment spell of value in the game. stacks of Command of Druzzil. stacks of cleric buffs and heals. this destroys the economy. some people spent Krono to get these spells. Krono that was purchased from Daybreak. see you all in Pantheon.
  5. taliefer Augur

so something got pushed from a test server that isnt setup the same as to where it gets pushed to, and there was an issue?

someone should suggest testing on a server that has the same ruleset as phinny
  6. nagash101 Augur

Priceless, just priceless. :)
  7. nagash101 Augur

No its hasn't, in the beginning you had to KILL mobs in PoP and get the drops. You had to kill raid mobs for certain spell drops. It needs to be consistent, either we can make them all and buy them all or we have to earn them by playing the game, getting drops or buying from another player.
    DBG has been very inconsistent with Spells from Kunark on, the Spell research was a big mistake to have left it alone for so long and this 61 to 64 spells being buy able right now during PoP is just a huge mistake.
  8. Healbro Elder

If they aren't going to test it on a server with the same ruleset perhaps they should send a GM into the game immediately after implementing to make sure nothing is screwed up and if something is messed up either take the server down and fix it OR do like Ngreth did and kill all the merchants off and manually respawn them with the correct spells on them. Waiting 2 1/2 hours to fix it causes irreversible damage to the servers economy. Not that I really care cause I had all the spells I needed except the in-era one that they intended to add to the game anyway. But I can fully understand why so many people are upset.
  9. nagash101 Augur

LOL, so true.
    Laynie likes this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Glad we got to spend extra time in Velious and Luclin so you guys could "Get it Right™"
  11. Atabishi Augur

What has changed in terms of how you can get spells? Are you drunk or high while posting this because I'm starting to become genuinely concerned. Raid mobs still drop glyphed runes. Trash mobs are still dropping parchments. You can STILL kill mobs to get spells at no cost. You can STILL "earn them by playing the game, getting drops or buying from another player." Absolutely nothing has changed in terms of how you can get spells from here on out other than the spells bought from players will now be cheaper. What happened literally only effects those that were trying to sell spells for 20k plat and now they won't get as much.
  12. Gerhard New Member

I have changed my opinion, no need to roll it back but you must release the NPCs again with the spells for everyone and the progression can just move on without ethereal or spectral parchments mattering. As long as it levels the playing field and is fair for all then this should not be that big of a deal. If you do not and leave it as is you have given an enormous unfair advantage to those that just happened to have been in earlier to purchase them. The final acceptable option is to go back through the logs and remove the spells purchased from every player that did so and refund them their plat for what they paid, this will also bring the balance back and make it as if nothing ever happened.

Whichever option you choose please god release a statement of your intentions to make it right and give a little damn transparency!
  13. C3lowz Augur

Is it fair? No. However only a handful of people got this. The majority were at work, this happened during off US hours.

A few hundred out of several thousand benefited from this. Grats to them. Don't bring the merchant back, leave everything how it was. If anything the spells will actually be a bit cheaper now.
  14. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

#makephinnyaverageagain
  15. Tudadar Augur

so those select few who chose to spend hundreds of thousands of pp buying spells that shouldnt be in can profit dozens to hundreds of kronos?
  16. Chubba bubba Journeyman

Ohh it's FAR from a few who bought hundreds of spells... Well played DBG... perhaps you should do a bit more research on your end to see who "profited" the most from this mistake... I think you have a mole in your organization who's making a killing off your incompetence on the third party market. I'd start by looking towards the /barter people who lost the most.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

How did the barter people lose? Were they not able to buy the spells for what they were offering?
  18. Chubba bubba Journeyman

If you're too slow to see how people exploited bartering to sell a spell that was available on a merchant for 50pp and bought for 50kpp, then perhaps it's really not worth explaining.
  19. Ghubuk Augur

If the spell wasn't worth that much to them, maybe they shouldn't have put it on barter for that much? Oh, never mind, I just realized..it's because they were going to buy it for 50k and then sell it for 75k?
  20. C3lowz Augur

You're a bit exaggerating with the 50kp. The spells were roughly being bartered for 1-6k each, and not many to begin with.