RIP Shamans

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

there's 2 burn AAs if you count first spire..... 4 if you count the resist modifier stuff. 5 if you include rabid bear! 6 with spirit call!

our melee dps is totally OP =).
  2. Bigstomp Augur

People I play with are generally OK with letting my RoF geared cleric heal them.
    Other RoS geared clerics they want nothing to do with.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Shaman healing was bad initially, for us it was not good enough to heal in a group.

Now the priest classes can all heal very well, and we have healer mercs as a part of the game. Healing is cheap in the group game now, and I don’t think people usually roll a Priest to be healers. If healing apealed to more people, we would not have had heal mercs in the first place,’.

I think Shamans should have 2 very strong short duration dots for the group game at a reasonable mana cost.
  4. fransisco Augur

Shamans are in the top 2 classes for bots (them and bards). They are an amazing class, even if they never do damage.
    eqgamer likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

F JBB and it’s anti-master race discrimination!
  6. bigpapa Augur

that's about raiding shaman .

ok what about group game shaman ? where mobs die before dots do full damage ( well it could now since mobs will take longer to die , ( I also got a druid in my box set-up ), just to add some more time killing trash mobs with the huge dot nerf ( with same huge mana to cast ),

BTW in raiding game , shaman swift dot ( 2 tic ) can't do full damage on raid boss.

WHY not keep dots like they are and just mark them to not doing max damage on raid boss?
    they problem we see here is from raiding ( druid and shm ) with strong dots .

why do it need to always affect group game as well ????????????????
  7. smash Augur

Does the thing of being overpowered, overpowerered say anything ? That being in raids, and outside raids.

So nerf of the dots is good, might lower the mana cost a bit, Druids probabably by around 25%, and shamans, by 5%.
    S33k3r likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Uhhhhhh. Shaman have been a priest class from day 1 of the game.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Millianna Augur

This is false. Shamans were hybrids from the start. They didn’t get rez until the end of RoK and were not comparable to clerics until SoL.
  10. smash Augur

Good imagination, except false. Shamans/druids/clerics been priests all the way.

But somebody call DBG, they apparently wrong in that they define shamans as priests..
  11. Jetslam Augur

The opposite is true. Because there's no mana issue in a raid setting, it doesn't matter if they're reduced. The damage decrease has been done as it should (though I think overdone by a bit) and having even more mana isn't going to somehow get us back to doing the same damage.

Reducing mana is for the group game. Where previously the only way for us to do even mediocre dps sustained (60-80k) was to load up swift dots and then a regular dot or two on a mob to get a couple extra ticks of damage.

With these nerfs, not only did they take away ~35% of our swift dot damage, they also screwed our previous two best dots so that they're doing half the damage they used to. All the while reducing mana cost by 0. Now in a group setting, if a shaman tries to dps, they're either going to do half the already pitiful damage previously, or they're going to try and load up more dots and go OOM extremely fast. Fully raid geared, I think my mana pool is ~180k. With an average mana cost of 20k per cast, that's 9 casts. That's crazy.
  12. Jetslam Augur

Just stop. If shaman are hybrid, then does that make BST Hybrid-Hybrids? Since they're sham/monk?
    Act of Valor and Sancus like this.
  13. S33k3r Augur

The original description was something like
    [IMG]

@ https://www.everquest.com/classes it's under the Priest tab

SHAMAN
    Shamans serve as priests to the tribal races of Norrath, able to draw upon the power of the spirits and focus it for their own purposes. Shamans are primarily a magic-using class, able to wear chain armor and wield blunt weapons and spears.

Shamanic magic has two main focuses: enhancing the mind and body of the shaman's allies, and weakening or damaging their enemies. A shaman's enhancement spells are always in demand, massively improving the strength, stamina, health, and other physical aspects of the shaman's group. Shamans are also able to heal their allies and have excellent health regeneration spells.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The damage restrictions on swift dots was removed with the dot revamp as they now do the same damage as a similar longer duration
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure if you realize this or not but the TDS dots are now doing around twice the damage they where doing from before the dot revamp but costing about 8 times as much mana so a reduction of more then 25% is needed.
  16. fransisco Augur

Wow.

Where shadowknights a pet class at the start too? FAKE NEWS!
  17. kizant Augur

Wizard, Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, and Necro are the only true proper non hybrids. :cool:
  18. Fohpo Augur

Kizant, we need you to put the genius hat on and give us some data analysis on the nerf, including damage to mana ratios and what not. Throw in some pretty graphs for us plebians too please.
  19. Jetslam Augur

Check post 69 of this thread...
  20. Fohpo Augur

Maybe I should have made it more obvious that I was joking and referencing a post in another thread about kizant crunching a ton of numbers for wizards in his app. I realize there are posts in both this thread and others that breakdown the changes. I'm kind of surprised that the mana efficiency changes didn't accompany the damage nerfs myself.
    kizant likes this.