RIP Hybrid discs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

- Beastlord, Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight - Spell Casting Reinforcement no longer extends the duration of disciplines.

Seems like a pretty big nerf no?
  2. Mithra Augur

I feel sorry for rangers on TLP servers.
    Kendeth likes this.
  3. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

4. Randragon Augur

I mean wtf were they thinking. Pantheon can't get here fast enough it seems.

I used to love this game but this turd biscuit they are serving us is only making it easier to jump ship when the time is right.
    Jhenna_BB, Lily and Xeladom like this.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

Is this on purpose? Accident? Lack of knowledge? Beligerence?
    Classes were tuned around this stuff. You can't just say "WHOOPS unintended - C-ya!"
    -R
  6. Seldom Augur

Read the test update Ratbo. It's on purpose and wayyyyy worse than just disc sadly. Not good day for any hybrid
  7. Reval Augur

I logged onto my beastlord in beta for one night. This is the outcome.

It's ok though remember, it's just an arbitrary bar and nothing matters. Remember this if you were one of the "elites" on the other thread lol.
  8. Zaph Augur

Its still on test, so theres chance yet it wont go live...

Theres always a chance, right?
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

10. sojero One hit wonder

[IMG]
    Nniki, kizant, Zaph and 2 others like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

About as much chance as this guy had:
    [IMG]
    Zaph and Jhenna_BB like this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You know, with the personal connections people at DBG have with those working on Pantheon - how can we not put on the tin-foil hat at this point and think hmm...let's end EQ so we can go work on a new game. We failed our next gen MMO, maybe it's time for them as a collective to make the move. I don't know, man. This is just getting ridiculous. NerfQuest: You're a World of Now!
    wingz-83 and Xeladom like this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Probably never intended in the first place. But 17 years later seems pretty late to be nerfing something that has such a major impact on a lot of things.
    wingz-83 and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

Actually, if you look at the description, it was definitely intended. It actually states extends the duration of spells and skills (with exception of skills that grant invulnerability and the Holy Guardian / Unholy Guardian disciplines.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It wasn't in the original description of the AA.

But the fact they changed it to that pretty clearly indicates they knew about it a long time ago.

But I don't believe it was intended to affect everything. Which is why maybe 10-12 years ago or whenever, they did the first nerf, making it no longer work on Divine Aura type spells by limiting it to work on spells lasting 30 seconds or longer base duration.
  16. Maedhros High King

It previously worked on Deflection which is base of 12 seconds and weaponshield which is 24 sec I believe. It's only been a few years since they changed it to no longer affect Divine Aura.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're talking about the nerf to it working on AA version of DA.

The original nerf back during PoP was to it working on spells that had 4 or less ticks, which allowed us to cast DA or proc it from the hammer and camp out (barely).

SCR made the AA DA last like 40 seconds and that was nerfed 4-5 years ago.

Point being, they knew it worked on AA other things, and made targeted nerfs. This is just a blanket FU because they don't have the interest in putting effort into to (like, go reduce the base duration of dps discs they are worried about).
    Maedhros likes this.
  18. Suffer Lorekeeper

I love that EQ currently has a 29 page thread on how lower/mid level guilds are against dps checks and claiming that they are locked out of RoS due to seal flagging.

Not that i necessarily agree with them but... This new change will cut all hybrids big burns from roughly 60 sec to 36 sec. Almost in half! This nerf is going to blast the gap between the high end and low/mid tier guilds wide open.

Also is fairly underwhelming to think that after 5 more levels, a bunch of AA and new gear that my sustained DPS should go up but my all out burns will be roughly where they are today.. Hopefully...
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Don't be stupid. If they wanted to go work on a new game, they would. If non compete agreements are in place, they'd still be in place if EQ were to shut down.
  20. Gnomeland Augur

Need more Warriors.