Ring of Valor

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Shredd, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Sancus Augur

FWIW I'm fairly certain Seldom's comment about guild leadership was directed at RotE not RA; he only mentioned RA because he thought Maedhros had previously whined about poaching in your recruitment thread (it was actually in CT's and "a long time ago" was TBM).

On the topic at hand, it's very poor form to create drama in a guild's recruitment thread, *especially* as the GL of another guild. It's even worse when 90% of what you (you = Maedhros) write has nothing to do with your actual complaint, but is solely aimed at insulting RoV.

If you had a valid complaint about spam and were actually looking for a resolution, contacting the guild leadership is a far better option that creating needless drama on the forums.
    Kravn, Utaerx and Sindaiann like this.
  2. Seldom Augur

Sancus hit the nail on the head and has much better memory than me =p. I was in no way insulting RA. Just couldn't remember name of the other raid guild that had similar "complaints" launched at them from Maedhros in recruit forums during TBM. Seems fishy doing that on two different guild recruit threads all the while claiming it is your guild that is the one being spammed/harassed
  3. Noita Journeyman

more politics and so blah blah bs.
    Guilds recruit and it doesn't matter the tactics. call it poaching or whatever. If one guild offers better and people leave then that's what it is. It is up to the guild leadership to keep the members happy and their guild healthy with new faces. It's the recruiters job to go out and look for unhappy players in their current guilds.
    RoV is a top 5 guild serverwide so they are doing something right. If they are recruiting and getting fresh faces then good luck.

Grats on your T3 progression RoV
    Utaerx and Reht like this.
  4. shiftie Augur

RoV has always maintained a large roster that I am aware of that rotates a bench. As far back as 2007 I joined them and rode their bench and eventually decided it wasn't the right fit for me, but there were many who enjoyed it. Attempting to insult a guild that has been around as long as they have that has maintained similar recruitment strategies doesn't really work when that guild is still raiding 10 years later.
    Arwyn-RoV and Utaerx like this.
  5. Zehn Lorekeeper

;) is it still called poaching??? I thought the new term for it was head hunting? Or am I just old?

Anyways ... grats RoV, well deserved victory.
    Bamkan and Utaerx like this.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

Since it was brought up, so much for beating us in the next expansion eh Maedhros? LMFAO
    Drcoracle, Kravn, MrMajestykx and 2 others like this.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I feel like "bench rotation" is carrying some heavily negative connotations, and there's a deep misunderstanding of how many raiders RoV actually has, so now is a good time to clear things up!

RoV does not have hundreds of DKP raiders. There are potentially hundreds of casual raiders for the casual raids that happen on Thursdays and Fridays, but nobody tracks attendance for those because they are just casual raids after all. The current count for actual DKP raiders is in the mid-70s. If absolutely everybody logged in on the same night, there would be about 20 people on bench at most. This is usually not the case, per individual reasons for availability to attend.

Where an individual raider is concerned with the bench and their ability to participate in raids, it depends almost solely on their class and the general level of attendance for that class. The "bench rotation" is handled by Class Instructors. For example, we have a team of high attendance Warriors, so only 1-2 are ever sitting on bench, if any. I keep track of which Warriors are sitting events and how often via a simple spreadsheet, that way I can spread the bench-time around fairly. That includes benching myself!

If you're online for raids, you will be able to actually participate in most events. Being on bench means you are still earning DKP, just not raid currency. You have to be ready to join the raid if you're needed, but that doesn't mean sitting around in the Guild Hall. You can be working tradeskills or quests or boxing for powersources, whatever. As long as you can drop what you're doing to join the raid quickly if called upon.

Having a bench of folks available means having a flexible raid team. If somebody has an emergency and suddenly needs to leave, we have another of that class (or at least archetype) immediately available to fill the slot and maintain the desired raid makeup. Stuff happens, people can't maintain 100% or high attendance. That's okay, RoV works around that.

As a guild that beats events earlier in the expansion rather than later, raiders end up swimming in currency and doling loot out to alts or awarding them to casuals. Even with a bench rotation slightly reducing how often you're actually in an event, you're still going to see every event and earn plenty of coins. Towards the end of an expansion, you'll be sick enough of farming that you'll appreciate the chance to sit on bench.

I hope this gives everybody a better view of how RoV runs things. The idea that dozens of raiders spend all night sitting out, hoping to get into any event at all and resenting their time on bench, is just plain ridiculous.
    Tour, Kravn, Bamkan and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Koryu said it well. We do maintain a bench (ideally one of each archtype or class sitting on average per event when we have a good turnout) so when someone has to take a day off, or internet is not working, or whatever we maintain a full raid without boxing.

Edit: and we're doing something right, our raid mains aren't running for the hills. Considering raid mains want to raid, they can't be seeing too much bench time. (and many drive alts on our casual raids)
  9. Shredd Augur

Room for a Druid ( high AA, well geared, knows their class)
    Beastlord (high AA, well geared, knows their class )
    Necromancer ( High AA, willing to learn how to parse)
    For DKP raiding current magelo. Then send [tell bristle.shredclaw with your interest to apply.

www.ringofvalor.org
  10. Shredd Augur

Room for a Druid ( high AA, well geared, knows their class)
    Beastlord Closed
    Necromancer ( High AA, willing to learn how to parse)
    For DKP raiding spot you need a current magelo. You need EoK progression done.
    Questions? [tell bristle.shredclaw with your interest to apply.

www.ringofvalor.org
  11. Shredd Augur

Room for Enchanter, Druid, and a Necromacer. [tell bristle.shredclaw for more info
  12. Shredd Augur

13. Shredd Augur

14. Shredd Augur

Low need Enchanter and Druid. . all other classes are closed. We always take all classes level 85 and higher for our family membership.
  15. Shredd Augur

16. Shredd Augur

All classes closed unless you are exceptional. Stupid of any raiding guild not to look at an exceptional player.
    [tell Bristle.Shredclaw

www.ringofvalor.org
  17. Shredd Augur

18. Shredd Augur

19. Shredd Augur

20. Shredd Augur