Ring of Scale Powersources

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Apr 29, 2018.

1. jeskola pheerie

In before "400k pp and no krono, you are poor"
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  2. Mintalie Augur

No worries, and thanks for the groovy photo comparisons. Somehow I've magically gotten two Magma Stones since I returned less than two months ago--one was incidental, and the other a guild member had rotting on a corpse and my little legs were the fastest. But because mine burned out over the past two days, I decided that I should get a new one so I camped a named in Howling Stones for seven straight hours yesterday. He only spawned twice and, of course, did not drop the PS. I think I'll stick with the stockpile that I had from three years ago. ;)
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Aye to that. Players are at the low end of power for level 110 content still. Marginal 1% boosts from power sources and augments aren't likely to reach a performance threshold yet.

Min/maxing a single stat helps in group content (e.g. hDex) but raid content is designed to bypass/overwhelm passive player skills. Winning raid events requires active button mashing, not so much gear or stats outside of HP.

ps: I saw about 6 PS drop in VP this weekend while farming hunter achievement: 2 melee, 2 caster, 2 healer.
  4. Astral64 Augur

They added stats to the powersources recently when you inspect them.
    Mintalie likes this.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

had the zone to our selfs
    we raided about 6 hours on Sat had around 5 drop was 1 tank
    raided 1 hour Sun got 2 to drop 1 tank and 1 healer

The main thing when doing hunter is to keep killing the 5 raid mobs over and over that are hourly. we did not finish the hunter still have 3 mobs to spawn for us but we were focusing on Merc and Partson that held up keeping the spawn mobs dead.
  6. Buri Augur

Raid diamonds are far too valuable to be using on something that expires.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I could be wrong but i think power sources drop more frequently in veeshans peak and drop from specific mobs.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

yeah, my third alt isn't fully phlogiston yet =P
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Cliff Stone for life!
    [IMG]
  10. Gundolin Augur

I got four from VP friday night in the time span of one faction locking potion. Helps being the only Wiz caster, but it got to be embarrassing taking them.
  11. Mintalie Augur

Update (for those who care):

Estimation is now 50 named kills in a combination of Gorowyn, Howling Stones (most time spent there), Sathir's Tomb, and Veeshan's Peak.

Still zero Magma Stones.

But all of my bots have new powersources... o_O
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

Last time I was on, I called one rotting on the namer I killed in HS. Should have been on, could have grabbed it if you could have got to where I was.

Rogue and SK were camping Tormented Named in HS in case you were curious.
    Mintalie likes this.