Ring of Scale Powersources

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Apr 29, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Couple things:

Since these are dropped PSs, are there any plans to use tradeskills to 'recharge' these?

Also, would be fun to be able to use raid diamonds to boost RoS powersources to raid levels. I don't raid, but was a conversation that came up.
  2. EnchFWO Augur

I rather see PS on sale from the group currency vendor than anything else that would require development time to implement. While I like the idea of TS re-charge, the items to do so would probably have to be super rare or time consuming to justify it and at that point it becomes a matter of whether or not it's easier to just camp.
  3. Monkman Augur

Never understood why there wasn’t an AA line to extend or reduce consumption of power sources.
    FawnTemplar and Pirlo like this.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

There would be less to do, and we are playing EverGrind.
  5. Triconix Augur

Can we make the Xorbb or TDS power sources a TS recipe? I'd be fine with the Xorbb one for every day use over metal. I only use the ROS ones for raids occasionally.
    Jumbur likes this.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I just want to know how I can have the VP hunter /ach completed, almost all of the OT hunter /ach completed, and have killed every named that has been on track while I finished progression (during the first month) and all the time since...

and yet I still haven't seen a single tank power source drop yet. Full on Eric Frustrada I tell you!
  7. EnchFWO Augur

Should have gotten in on that VP powersource gravy train before it got squashed :p
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I expected all of those exploiters to get banned.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Killing VP mobs is considered an exploit pre patch? Say what?
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

DBG determined that they screwed up the spawn and loot drop rates of mobs in VP. Since players often get banned when DBG discovers they made a mistake (hello, poorly designed mission lockouts/AKA Fell Folliage ban), it seemed reasonable to expect a ban for players that received extra loot for playing in VP while it was "broken".

I mean, OBVIOUSLY they were getting more loot than they should have and they new it, as you can see by @EnchFWO's post above mine :)

EDIT: I do not want anybody banned, just making a snarky comment on DBG's terrible practice of blaming (and banning!) players for their own mistakes.
    Pirlo, Nifty Slacker and EnchFWO like this.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

No, it did not seem reasonable to expect that. Exploiting Fell Foliage required taking actual steps to get the loot but not the lockout. Running the mission normally was not an exploit and gained you only the normal reward and lockout. Killing mobs in VP was killing mobs in VP. There were no steps you could take to make anything work differently.
    Sheex and Dreadmore like this.
  12. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Only 9 nameds in VP and PS don't drop in T1. Go kill some more nameds.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Maybe someday. Since the power stats are identical, I just go and clear 10 PHs in combine every 16 minutes and walk out with several power sources in an hour before raids.
  14. svann Augur

I thought ps only drop from T2 mobs. Goro, HS, ST, VP. But yea I do agree the cliff stones are too rare. Ive only gotten 1 in my many many trips to all 4 zones, and I think Ive only seen 3 total.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Killing in Goro and HS and in the last month I have seen a single Magma Stone and two Enchanted Dragon Scales. I'd have to check parses, but probably 90 named kills in that time. I think drop rate could use a nudge upward.
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I've used up like 4 cliff stones already..... My druid/shaman boxes have 4 of each caster/healer, ranger alt has a handful of the dps one, and I still have like 5 cliff stones in my bags on my pally... yes to rare.

Go kill named, they drop....
  17. svann Augur

Yea, if I boxed then Id have gotten all of the ones that dropped. But I dont box.
    Pirlo likes this.
  18. Mintalie Augur

The stats are the same?
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

RNG is kind to you. 90 named (over 360 total PH spawns) and not a single tank PS for me. But I'll go kill more, as ordered. Sorry my post bothered you enough that you just HAD to post about your good fortune, sir!
    Pirlo likes this.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

No, they are not the same, and I'm not sure why I said that :oops: I wonder if I just forgot to add the word "nearly" ("...nearly the same"), but that is a pretty important omission on my part! Sorry for that!

Cliff Stone: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=132227
    Geomantic Steelstone: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=120641

Here's my inventory screen with each (RoS raid-level gear):
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Key differences:
    +2877 HP (< 1%)
    -180 mana
    +231 endurance
    +86/+15 AC
    -6/+1 Attack

So, if I were min/maxxing for a raid tank, the Cliff Stone is certainly better. Subjectively, however, I notice absolutely no difference in actual play. Certainly not worth the effort to try and farm the Cliff Stone. Since my last post, I have completed all of the Hunter /achs in RoS, including many duplicate t2 named mobs, and I have still not seen any more Cliff Stones. I have still only seen 2 drop in the last year.
    Pirlo and Mintalie like this.