Ring of Scale now 50% off

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Sep 25, 2018.

1. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I still say they should offer a month of all access free with each purchase of an expansion. Not for a sale like this but when they are at full price.
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Acct status doesn't remove items. Vanishing items are from the character being deleted or transferred off the server.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That might be an option to look at but from what I understand 90% of these anchor and disappearing items are on one server - AB. But if you go back to F2P then your anchors cannot be placed in guild hall. So if you were a paid account and put the anchor in the guild hall I wonder if they pop out if you go free on that account.

Free accounts can use the ports in guild hall - not sure what you mean that you have to be gold to use the ROS port in guild hall?
  4. Brohg Augur

Acct status doesn't remove items. Vanishing items are from the character being deleted or transferred off the server.
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

If you buy the collectors edition and e.g. have the Gorowyn Port for everybody (Latern) and try to place it then it will demand a Gold Status of your account to use it. And because the billing system is buggy like hell (it does not work for me since about 6 months) you have to buy Krono with more money. This is clearly a RIPOFF!

So if you think (like I did) to update a f2p account and include a collectors to have a Gorowyn port (all at once - efficiency) then you have the surprise when placing it that it does not work... annoyance at least...

DGB should give 1 month of free playtime with such an expensive upgrade - is there any game on earth which is THAT expensive (even with 50% off) and does not even offer the full usage of the items you buy? That is and was always the sole reason to buy it - the additional items which are useful instead of dumb cats and useless other familiars which give non stats but only lag!

This game is completely overpriced compared to others even with 50% off - if you look at the socalled collectors edition if you have these limits build inside (without the respective information). In the EU it would be easy to file a case here to force them to correct that. But US companies can do what they please here... DGB is exploiting the love for the game from the customers with that business model...

I wonder if such an exploit can be called cheating...:confused:
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am fine with the pricing the the way it is. Ummmm... every company that sells anything is exploiting the fact that you want what they have and will pay the price they set. That is sort of how retail works.

If daybreak could magically make every thing super cheap and keep putting out expansions and keeping the game going I would be happy with that. But as it is I think I will live with the prices they currently are charging. :)
  7. So Happy Augur

Has DB said when this will expire? Limited budget here and wondering if I can put buying any ex-pacs off til the first of the month. Would be nice to know because I'd like to buy a couple but not this month.
  8. Brohg Augur

It'll expire when the new expansion releases in Dec
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually it says the sale will stop "once pre-orders begin for the next EverQuest expansion"
    Since pre order is usually before the actual expansion is released I doubt it will go until Dec.
    Usual is till end of Oct so to play it safe I think you would be ok till mid October. I really don't see them doing pre orders before the first since that is only 2 or 3 days. If you mean the first of October. Dunno if I would push it to Nov. That haven't said anything official yet so it is a coin toss.
  10. NeverPayForLag Augur

I don't have a real problem with the price. I have a problem with companies not giving the proper information about things you want to buy. EU files meanwhile cases but they are not going far enough. In Germany its correct enough. There is no shady description what you buy. If so then you can give it back or can inform the appropriate authorities. In other countries it seems normal that you pay for things you have not really a clue of. Here the telecommunication companies always try that and exclude their fraudulent behavior with the usual small notes and exceptions. But we had some nice cases here which brought them into row again. In Switzerland even this seems a no-go. In US it seems no real feeling about that. They even shut down connection to Europe to avoid the data protection laws. And look at the descriptions of the expansions or in the market place of some items. If you buy something with real money (SC is nothing more than that, you bought it with real money) then everything which has not exact information or abuses the fact that you want to know or hope is stepping over this border.

I want to pay but for the service which has been promised to me by advertising, descriptions, specifications etc. If that does not fit the outcome then I am getting very fast very direct. But the more the companies work in this way - the more the customers accept that. It is like Trump. If everybody in the politics behaves like him then everybody accepts it - if there is no replacement for it...and you can expect the behavior at the top to be soon standard at the bottom...
  11. Magickon Augur

How exactly are they misinforming you on the price?

Hint, they are not.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Venau Augur

I know this is gonna draw some fire......but here goes.........I wish people who complain about issues with FTP accounts would keep them all in a separate thread. If you are using the EQ world with a character and not paying a price then your complaints, in my mind, are a bit irrational.

Nothing more to see here. /duck
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Daedly Augur

/uppercut
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

- Gorowyn Express Lantern in the Collectors Edition - no info that you need Gold to use it.

To my surprise I could not activate it in the Guild hall - the main reason why I bought the collectors edition for our guild. Even if you expect that an oldie might knew that - a new player is lost while spending money with this. Clearly against usual law in our country and a reason to give back a product -> missing information about usage. So I have to spend another Krono to install that lantern. And looking at the bugs on AB and the disappearing Guild Hall items and the connection to this rule that you can only place things in the guild hall if you are "golden" then this means that perhaps I have to pay every month if the lantern should stay in the guild hall. Clearly moneymaking through the backdoor.

And yes, a guildie veteran could knew that you cannot use such things in housing without gold but in a guild for some it is a surprise. It is like abonnements of free SMS in the net or other things where the abo is hidden in an opt-in-tag with much small written text - the same - forbidden through law - most don't know that - even some police here in our town were so stupid to say that its the fault of our apprentice here (who had that problem). I had to press through this incompetency by lawyers here and had the right on my side.

Some here want to enforce the bylaws of EQ/DGB and forget often the real laws in real life of the country of the customer and the customer protection rights completely.

But the main seat of the company is US. I am not sure if EU-law is even appliable in these cases but nobody files something if the product is cheaper than a law-suit or the appropriate lawyer because of efficiency. And DGB is not the only US company who sells to EU with these methods.

It is annoying at least..
  15. Venau Augur

Well done:)
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I can understand this position. Sometimes it gets tiring when "some" FTP people are always complaining and always wanting more for FREE. Everquest FTP is meant to give people some time playing FTP then go all access. It was never meant to be the main way people play the game. At least in my opinion.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Probably in DBG's opinion, as well ;)
  18. justscott New Member

does it mention anywhere if the levels will go up in the next exp?
  19. Brohg Augur

It does not, but they will not
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

If you don't pay, you have no say! :cool:
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.