Ring in the New Years with Double Experience!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Ring in 2013 with Double Experience in EverQuest! Starting at 12:01am (midnight) Pacific on Sunday, December 30, 2012, and lasting until 11:59pm Pacific on Tuesday, January 1, 2012, we're offering Double Experience in EverQuest! Take advantage of this limited time offer and watch those XP bars fill up!
    Kaepak likes this.
  2. Geroblue Augur

Ah, I work on the 31st. But I'll be here the other days.
  3. Damascus Elder

Woulda been nicer if it included the whole weekend, ie. 00:01 on Saturday the 29th through to Jan 1st 23:59pm. Considering most people will be at RL festivities on the 31st and 1st.
    Elricvonclief and Vouivre like this.
  4. Vinney Augur

Would be a good Idea Damascus
  5. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Why isn't this the whole weekend, or at least a day earlier so I can ring in the New Year in EQ here in New Zealand? :-( Previous double XP weekends have been four days - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
    Vouivre and Geroblue like this.
  6. Geroblue Augur

Maybe some of us are leveling too fast ?
  7. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Heh, I don't think four double XP days makes a massive difference over the whole year for levels and AAs, heh. Short term it is pretty cool. But a few good groups over the year will equal the same. Mainly I enjoy double XP weekends cause more people get on to group with :)
  8. Tegila Augur

it starts first thing on the 30s, which means itll be about dinner time in NZ etc on the 30th. youll have rest of that day and all of the 31st (new years eve) ti ring in the new year, and for you you'll get all of new years day and well over half of the 2nd. The time change is hit or miss but it's still plenty long enough imo. Most dbl xps are still only 3 days, they just usually start in the afternoon on friday to afternoon monday in teh US, still 72hours. It's actually kinda nice for most people that it doesnt start while people are still at work on friday as it usually does.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

10. Jondalar Augur

And .... so much for that.....
  11. dendelof New Member

No double exp seems to be taking effect. Killing kobolds on my alt should be ringing in levels but im getting about 1% a kill. In the tutorial zone.
  12. Quiptos Journeyman

Would have been nice if it was true! Bertoxx tried for about hour and 5 minutes past the time that double was supposed to start, nothing at all.... same exp.

Maybe it's all the crashing 13-14x over the past day broke it or somebody has the days mixed up :)
  13. Verant New Member

Double exp not working on ZEK, Anywhere!
  14. Aaklor New Member

I'm fairly certain the phrase is "under-promise and over deliver." Not "over-promise and under deliver"
    double xp... working as intended?
  15. Sonavaa_Bertox Elder

Not working on Bertox either. Thanx guys. I burned a lesson for nothing.
  16. Tegila Augur

im not surprised as quiptos said on bertox for this to be broken, after this weeken they owe us more than the measly 3says anyway. Didnt PS2 and EQII get 2 weeks of double xp to our 3 days? and PS2 was something about repeated server crashes from some buttmonkey hacking or something ? (what many suspect is the issue with bertox as the crashes have gotten farther apart, not closer as they would if a hardware issue going unfixed)
  17. AussieWalk New Member

Not working on Drinal.... wasted a lesson and saved rewards.....
  18. Sophia Lorekeeper

Okay, I'm lost. Why are you all talking as if the XP should have started by now? The OP says that it starts on midnight of the 30th... it's not even midnight yet here in Australia.

Okay, I think I get it. It says the 30th, 12:01 am, so technically first thing in the morning on the 30th, rather than one minute after midnight on the 30th? open for interpretation, I guess!
  19. Tegila Augur

it starts at 1201AM which was 4hrs 33 minutes ago

12am is middle of the night, thus the midnight note, but 1201am on the 30th is really midnight bt the 29th and 30th not the 30th and 31st
  20. Verant New Member

it was supposed to start 4 and half hours ago, and it has not started......