RGC

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalvir, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Kalvir New Member

For the love of god put Remove greater curse back in to be made or make it 100% drop off the Rhag's and make the damn commanders in SSRA always drop their keys. Not being able to get the spell or open the door to Arch lich is stupid.
  2. Karhar Dream Crusher

3. RandomStrategy Augur

If I had an SK on Coirnav he'd spend all day in Fungus grove farming copies to sell for 10 krono each.
  4. That0neguy Augur

Sounds like someone didn't prepare and wants the easy way out.
  5. Xhartor Augur

You can work around not having the key to that door.

I take it that the shroom in Echo Caverns has a bunch of SK sitting on the spawn?
  6. snailish Augur

Make the shroom random spawn across under level 40 Luclin open world, along with 100s of little minion mushrooms.

This can be a special event that only goes live the first 4 weeks a server is in Luclin era. Add some fun fungus-themed drops, and of course a title "I'm a fungi".
  7. FIsh Lips Augur

I kind of enjoy listening to the whinging of the plebs as they are forced to snare walk across Luclin for an hour because nobody can cure them. Being a cleric has never been easier, half the time they WANT to die, and they praise you for being AFK and netflix as they drop.

Loads of fun. Aren't we having fun? This is fun.
    Boze likes this.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

I forget it was Echo Caverns that the shroom pops at. This is the Jade Chokidai Prod all over again :p
  9. Funnything Journeyman

its my money, and i want it now!
  10. Coirnav Augur

I personally love the extra level of complexity that NOT being able to craft RGC has brought to Luclin.

We killed our first EMP with only one RGC spell. That was fun. At this point we still only have 2x RGC in the guild both on shaman, we've killed Rhag 1 and Arch Lich maybe 6-7 times each. So in 14 kills we got 2 RGC. I think that is great actually as its forces guilds to improvise to progress.

Everyone will have RGC a month from now, and then you'll be back to the EasyQuest version of SSRA.
  11. Funnything Journeyman

You have to think at some point the game needs to get harder or be challenging to keep people's focus. When you can steam roll emperor without the key last server in what the first day of luclin opening? something needed to be changed. RGC was a good, closer to classic change.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I am very glad this fix went in.

If you are concerned about RGC drops just take 1 cycle in your Luclin and split Rhag1 about 10 ways. You’ll get a scroll or two and be ready to handle every event in the expansion.

Or just keep steamrolling the zone with 72 and eventually you’ll get a copy.
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

People have remove curse available....so just have 4 or 5 people spam it instead of one.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So in other words instance only guilds that kill AL cycle once a week will be on a pace to get about 3-6 copies of RGC in the entire expansion. Doesn't sound like everyone will be getting the spell in one month at all. Sounds like every guild will be raiding AL cycle during PoP.

So glad they took away the ability to research it without adding it back to the other loot tables that it used to be on. Makes total sense

http://web.archive.org/web/20021107...st.allakhazam.com:80/db/spell.html?spell=2209
  15. Funnything Journeyman

^ With that it brings reason to compete in the open world targets! Should fix loot tables tho.
  16. Coirnav Augur

1-1.5 groups can kill Rhag1 reliably, and with decreased lockout times this past week you should have been doing as many split kills of him as possible.

#PoorPlanning
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Rhag1 can be duoed by a geared Ranger and a healer. I get it 4th grade level math is hard for some people, even if you split it 10 ways 4 times would only be seeing 6 or so copies so not enough. Can't imagine 10 spliting Rhag 1 for weeks straight was the original design for obtaining a spell that used to be a rare drop of XP mobs though.

I get it instantly being able to craft 1000s of copies of the spell day one was dumb
  18. Kalvir New Member

They could make the spell rare, but leave the ability to make it just make it require different components , like say the level 60 spell components? Still sufficiently rare but not complete rng on a mob that you can kill once a week.As far as 10 splits lets face it not guild or group is capable of this,.
  19. Popple New Member

LOL @ this. The tears are so good!!!
  20. Bewts Augur

Nostalgia is great, isn’t it? I mean you COULD only have one set of mobs for the ENTIRE SERVER TO SHARE...